Post-Game Talk: GAME 72 - 2022-2023 ATLANTIC DIVISION CHAMPS - DON'T POKE THE BEAR

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This PP is terrible especially with all the talent

Putting Hall on PP1 when healthy might help with zone entries.

Seems like that’s been their biggest issue for a month or so.

Yes it pushes JDB to the second PP, but I kind of like him out there with those guys….which usually includes 2 defenseman, because he’s good at tipping pucks and playing in front of the net.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Had a training class today, so I missed the entire game. Saw some highlights, so my takeaways are minimal.

I think Maroon got the better of Hathaway in the fight, but the PP made him pay. And I think it was delicious that Hathaway got the game-winner, too.

I’d say that Hathaway and the Bruins got the last laugh today.

Beware of bears in their lair.
1679793977424.jpeg

1679793995803.jpeg

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
This PP is terrible especially with all the talent

It's really the only thing holding them back from that dominant start-to-finish team they were earlier in the season. Hopefully they figure it out. Should have been an easy 2 or 3 spot in the first 10 minutes or so. I think the formation needs to change all together. The book has been written on how to defend the plays they are trying to run.

This this is the blueline I want heading into the post-season.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wonder if any vets are sitting out tomorrow.

I'm kind of thinking they will want to play against Carolina

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i was watching bruins on this day and heard a jackism i never heard before. i must have missed this game in 2013.
Marchand was skating in for the shoitout and jack says " nose face killer with a chance to blow snot all over the leafs." lol. wtf

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Had a training class today, so I missed the entire game. Saw some highlights, so my takeaways are minimal.

I think Maroon got the better of Hathaway in the fight, but the PP made him pay. And I think it was delicious that Hathaway got the game-winner, too.

I’d say that Hathaway and the Bruins got the last laugh today.

Beware of bears in their lair.
View attachment 676084
View attachment 676085
Maroon is tough. If lucic was around he would turtle up though.

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
I like Bertuzzi but wasnt he supposed to have some "marchand'' in his game, chippyness etc, I havent seen anything like that out of him, i'm very impressed with how well he passes the puck though, had no idea he was that good of a passer. I would also like to see Fredric more assertive in a game like this, apart from a few fights and facewashes this season ,he is almost invisible physically he cant really hit , doesnt have great skating ability or balance etc ..but neither do Maroon or Perry but they are out there being pest etc, c'mon Freddy, crash the net , smack Perry, slash Maroon or something. Hyper critical I know but i do worry about this team and playoff style hockey.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hathaway with the quick hands in front of the net again! He hasn’t been the asshole i anticipated but he’s been aggressive and in the mix any time the game has gotten a little punchy

6 pages of posts and not a single mention of Tomas Nosek. He was terrific today.
Fourth line was angry tonight. 7 minutes or so but it felt like 14

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hathaway provides multiple things the team has lacked in the playoffs. Him scoring game-winning-goals is an unexpected bonus.

Bertuzzi as well. Superb on the forecheck, and when the stick-handling zone entry isn't there, he's great in the corners.

Just when I think Bergeron may be losing a step at the dot, he has a game like today. Superb.

Nice seeing Lauko get meaningful minutes, especially late in the game protecting a one goal lead.

This isn't quite the Big Bad Bruins; but opponents can see coming to Boston and trying to intimidate is a fool's game. And they will leave with zero points, to boot.

The PP is a major concern. Today it not only didn't help them, it hurt them.The game has changed since 2011, and if this isn't sorted out, this tremendous regular season will be all for naught.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad