GDT: Game 71: Avs @ Canucks | Wednesday, March 16th, 8pm MT | Land Vs Sea

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Never thought I would have seen that. Avs win on two goals by a Dane and one by a Norwegian. So happy to have witnessed that. I really hope they resign Bødker andI hope Marty keeps up his current level of play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I will not be sucked in once again. Guaranteed loss to Calgary upcoming

Depends, the Wild play the Devils before then. If they win tomorrow the pressure will be back on our boys and we'll beat the Flames. If the Wild **** the bed we'll probably screw up against the flames. And if the Wild get a point to tie us in points and games-played the universe will end.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Boedker showing that game breaking ability with his shot. That's why they added him, that was potentially a huge goal in a huge game.

Shaky first, but they got more confident as the game went on, especially after that early 3rd period goal.

Props to Barrie. Thought he played a real solid game for him defensively. Battled hard, stayed focused on where his man was, didn't lose him, and positioned himself well. Great to see him come up with that effort in such a big game.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Calgary's definitely going to be a tough game because of Hartley...... won't let his team pack it in.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Am I wrong when I say Boedker is comparable to Svatos? In that he's quick and has sick hands. Obviously Svatos was quite a bit smaller and probably had a better shot in his heyday.

Svatty had a crazy streak you don't see in players too often. He'd basically pick the biggest guy on the other team and attempt to obliterate them. He also had to adapt his game quite a few times, when he first made the team he was this slick dangling machine. When he got injured he became more of a net front sniper. It's too bad, he could have been a lights out player if he could've stayed healthy.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
You march your SmileyFaced ass out that door right now Mister! :rant:

Take one for the team!

Bye! Seriously get the hell outta here. ;)

I think Smiley left.

Smiley leaves and Boeds scores lol that guy needs to keep seeing that chick.

No kidding... we got the cup sealed up if he can see her 27 more times between now and June.

Does Smiley get an assist on the goal?

Thank God Smiley went on that date.

Did you thank him on behalf of us?

It ****ing worked. :laugh::laugh:

Guess I have a lot of dates to do on over the next couple months. With this girl it might actually happen :yo:

I'm drunk as hell and only saw Marty's goal from the bar. Looked like we had a awesome third period for once. Glad to play my part.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It ****ing worked. :laugh::laugh:

Guess I have a lot of dates to do on over the next couple months. With this girl it might actually happen :yo:

I'm drunk as hell and only saw Marty's goal from the bar. Looked like we had a awesome third period for once. Glad to play my part.

It worked like instantly. You left during intermission and Boedker put them up 37 seconds into the 3rd. :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just noticed on the schedule. The Avs actually go from having the extra game played, to having a game in hand on Minnesota this next week.

We play:

Friday(CGY)
Sunday(EDM)
Thursday(PHI)

For 74 games.

While Minny Plays:

Thursday(NJD)
Saturday(CAR)
Sunday(CHI)
Tuesday(LAK)
Thursday(CGY)

So when we both play again next Thursday the 24th, Minny will be playing game 75, the Avs game 74. If the Avs play well over these next 3 games, we could(Should) be 2-0-1 in that stretch. Minny has at least 2 very tough games in that stretch, and really another 2 against teams still battling for a playoff spot. They might struggle to go .500 over this next stretch of games.

That would be great if the Avs can be at 81 and the Wild at just 79 when we play each other on the 26th(The next game after this stretch). Would be a big blow to the Wild to be 4 points back after that, with only 6 games left and the Avs still at 7 games left.

All in theory again.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Boedker showing that game breaking ability with his shot. That's why they added him, that was potentially a huge goal in a huge game.

Shaky first, but they got more confident as the game went on, especially after that early 3rd period goal.

Props to Barrie. Thought he played a real solid game for him defensively. Battled hard, stayed focused on where his man was, didn't lose him, and positioned himself well. Great to see him come up with that effort in such a big game.

Barrie is usually good defensively.

I think I might start a one man crusade to fight this idea that Barrie cannot defend, he can. His weakness is that he doesn't have a strong upper half to outmuscle guys along the boards.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I think I might start a one man crusade to fight this idea that Barrie cannot defend, he can. His weakness is that he doesn't have a strong upper half to outmuscle guys along the boards.

Well unless he keeps playing games like tonight, I'm gonna be battling on the other end of that crusade. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

God luck. It's a truly quixotic quest.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC

or in front of the net.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
One thing that I wish Barrie would be more often, even more than solid defensively, is go back to being that ice water in his veins game breaker he was two years ago. That's what sold me on how valuable he is. Haven't seen that clutch big moment Barrie in a long time.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
One thing that I wish Barrie would be more often, even more than solid defensively, is go back to being that ice water in his veins game breaker he was two years ago. That's what sold me on how valuable he is. Haven't seen that clutch big moment Barrie in a long time.

Almost looks like he's taking puck handling skills 101 from Mackinnon. Lesson one: the puck is a grenade.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Almost looks like he's taking puck handling skills 101 from Mackinnon. Lesson one: the puck is a grenade.

He hasn't quite seemed as confident in that area lately, but to be fair, the ice did look pretty bad tonight. Lots of guys were having trouble receiving passes.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
He hasn't quite seemed as confident in that area lately, but to be fair, the ice did look pretty bad tonight. Lots of guys were having trouble receiving passes.

Yeah, I like Barrie.... it just made for an easy joke. :laugh:

Yeah I noticed that a lot of guys were having trouble receiving passes...... didn't attribute it to the ice, but you might be right...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad