2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
He definitely cares on a personal level. He's always chewing out teammates on the ice if he's screened and obviously shows frustration on a personal level, but I doubt he cares about team accolades. He just had a run that elevated his standing as a goalie to top 5ish for a lot of people, don't think he cares about anything else.

I couldn't disagree with this more . Everyone cares about individual quality of play and he is no different . Did you hear him say how proud he was to be a Bruin after his leave of absence . He talks team all the time. He now plays basically half the games and is great with it . A lot of goalies wouldn't like having a great back-up that steals a lot of games from him . He is fine with it . He has zero real team issues except as you say he will talk and look at guys on the ice but has nothing but praise for all the d-man in general. Great Goalie , Great team guy .

member 96824

48 seconds in. Rask doesn't share the same sentiment as all the other Bruins or Bruins fans in general lol. No ****s given, and that's why he'll never win anything.

Goalies generally have to live like this. They’re trained mentally to be like this...otherwise you’re going to see a distracted Tuukka Rask stewing on that goal he gave up in the first while 4 more slip by.

Reactions: LSCII

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I've generally accepted the loss (wouldn't say "over it" - that probably won't be true unless we win the cup this year) but I don't think I can watch the game this weekend. I've missed a lot of games this season due to travel/friends visiting and had no plans this weekend so I was excited to see when the games were. Saw it was vs the Blues Saturday and my heart dropped.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
To the victor belong the spoils unfortunately.

Yup. And a new season is upon us.

The final chapter of this season is a long way off.

Hoping for another deep playoff run for the Bruins, while I’m far from convinced the Blues aren’t a one hit wonder.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yup. And a new season is upon us.

The final chapter of this season is a long way off.

Hoping for another deep playoff run for the Bruins, while I’m far from convinced the Blues aren’t a one hit wonder.

The Blues could miss the play-offs the next 100 years straight and it wouldn't take away any of the sting from last year

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I guess we're back to this with the game on Saturday. For me, while it still stings, I've moved on.

Now, the Bruins are my #1, but I'm a fan of each of the Boston sports teams, and in my lifetime, they've been to 19 championships and won 12. I realize how fortunate I am to be born a Boston fan. Teams have won some they shouldn't have, and lost some they should. Maybe I've become numb to winning it all, but the part I enjoy most is just being able to watch the teams for as long as possible. Every season starts with a guaranteed number of games, but I want to be able to watch the maximum. That's what every playoff win means to me.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The Blues could miss the play-offs the next 100 years straight and it wouldn't take away any of the sting from last year

winning on saturday will be such a hollow victory. wouldn't mind seeing sundqvist get
his face beat in. i still say that injury to gryz was a series changer.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I was watching cat videos on my lunch break and stumbled across a GIF of Craig Berube's cat. He's got him trained pretty well - I'm not sure there was intent to injure but the head was definitely the principle point of contact.
giphy.webp

Reactions: neelynugs

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was watching cat videos on my lunch break and stumbled across a GIF of Craig Berube's cat. He's got him trained pretty well - I'm not sure there was intent to injure but the head was definitely the principle point of contact.
giphy.webp

Is the crying baby suppose to be a Bruin or is it symbolic of our posters?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Last season is over, life goes on and is too short to not enjoy the new season. I remember the Nucks winning the regular season game after we won the Cup and thinking it meant something....it didn't and this game won't mean anything except two points up for grabs.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Oh look at that I completely forgot the Bruins play the Blues tomorrow night, so much so that I won't be able to even watch the game because I made plans weeks ago. There is no game 8, all teams are on an even playing field right now, this game means nothing more than 2 points at best.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Just another game in the regular season. I expect Marchy and Pasta to fade away again as they cant dance in and out of traffic like the rest of the league allows. Bruins win a yawner...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad