2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

member 96824

The game wasn’t over after 1 period we were the home team and just needed a good second period and to make it 2-1 before the third so pressure was on St Louis. We didn’t come close to scoring again until it was 4-0 and late in the third.

It was because of the way it allowed St. Louis to change their game plan. Look at the D structure in the 1st vs. the 2nd. After the second goal they just packed it in, B’s couldn’t get anything through or by. They still came out with a solid effort, but it was clear that frustration took over by the end of the second.

It was over when Marchand peeled off for his 8 seconds of rest. The fat lady sang when Nordstrom didn’t get the one STL breakdown by Binnington with like 10 or 11 minutes left in the third.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Your last paragraph completely changes the topic. No one said “oh it’s okay they lost, they tried”. The issue is with the liars who claim that the team didn’t compete. You saying “the final score is all that matters” just proves your absolute refusal to grasp a simple point.

Sod off swampy. The Bruins did not compete after that second goal. The Blues skated, hit, passed and shot rings around the Bruins. Look at the final score again if you dare.
And yes the final score is all that matter especially in game 7 of a league championship final.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Sod off swampy. The Bruins did not compete after that second goal. The Blues skated, hit, passed and shot rings around the Bruins. Look at the final score again if you dare.
And yes the final score is all that matter especially in game 7 of a league championship final.

You are equating your stance with someone who “accepts reality” for no other reason other than the fact that it’s your stance. Whether or not you feel the Bruins laid down in this game, everyone knows the final score is all that matters. Stop repeating it like a robot over and over when it has nothing to do with anything being said. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE FINAL SCORE IS ALL THAT MATTERS. You feeling that the loss is on the Bruins “laying down” doesn’t make you somehow more accepting of the final score being all that matters over anyone else.

The Blues got a 2 goal lead and clogged up the neutral zone for the rest of the game. It was extremely frustrating to watch and I am sure, very frustrating to be part of the opposition.

What the f*** about that opinion makes you think that I don’t think the final score is all that matters?

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Maybe writing about it will help. I haven’t even been able to open this thread until now and it’s still that awful feeling. Sick feeling and never want to experience again. First time I felt the sting of it was in 1974.
This was even worse than that and even worse than the “too many men game”.

This I thought was the perfect scenario. Seventh game of the Stanley Cup final at home. Surely the Bruins win or I was confident until the Bruins lost the fourth game in St. Louis and
the feeling grew worse up until the 7th game started. I was hoping they would we get an early goal cause then I knew 'Bruins would win.
Instead the opposite happened , not scoring despite loads of chances. I thought the longer the game went on without scoring, the better chance St. Louis would have.

There wasn’t a happier guy on earth when the Bruins won in 2011. I felt like walking on a cloud a for a long time. Just had a happy inner feeling all the time. Nothing would bother me too much at all. I would just smile for myself and knew nothing compared. Maybe sound ridiculous coming from a guy my age but if you've been a die hard fan and followed the team since 71 I think it’s not. I mean every damn day checking in on 'Bruins.

But this was different and I was asking to myself alot of questions I’m sure others had too. Even Butch Cassidy. Crazy questions like
- when the Bruins first line would have an outrageous scoring night again
- when all the Bruins strong leader core would put them together and win at all cost
- why Butch was always talking that the core guys could decide, all when the scoring and creative play came from the other lines. Did he believe too much in Chara and Bergy.
- would Tuukka hold up or would he finally have an off night

Well all of questions were brutally answered in the most negative answers.
-Waited and waited for Bergy, Marchy and Pasta to do something... Still waiting.
- then somehow Marchy manage to quit on a play I couldn’t believe my eyes
-Tuukka becomes avarage
-and you know you’re in trouble when Nordy gets the best opportunities

I changed to listen to Brick on the radio, turning tv sound down in hope of a change of luck.
But, for the Bruins luck wasn’t changing on this night.

As happy I was in 2011 as devastated I was after the 7th game in the series. I thought for sure the Bruins would have some luck after all the drama and tragic injuries to key players drama through so many years of following the Bruins.

But, no luck at all this night. I couldn’t believe it, 'I didn’t want to. I was hoping for a miracle that wouldn’t come. As I sat there alone on my balcony I felt so bad for the guys on the team. I even felt sorry for myself getting older. I thought about my best Bruins friend, the late Roger Naples. Memories from distant past came upon and all the other big playoff losses. Seemed like it all just flushed on me. Some 48 years of following the Boston Bruins. It really was a low point and it hurt badly.

Just now I started to read this thread and realized many more are just as crazy as me or devoted loyal fans of the Boston Bruins. I’m not about to give up on them just yet, never will

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Maybe writing about it will help. I haven’t even been able to open this thread until now and it’s still that awful feeling. Sick feeling and never want to experience again. First time I felt the sting of it was in 1974.
This was even worse than that and even worse than the “too many men game”.

This I thought was the perfect scenario. Seventh game of the Stanley Cup final at home. Surely the Bruins win or I was confident until the Bruins lost the fourth game in St. Louis and
the feeling grew worse up until the 7th game started. I was hoping they would we get an early goal cause then I knew 'Bruins would win.
Instead the opposite happened , not scoring despite loads of chances. I thought the longer the game went on without scoring, the better chance St. Louis would have.

There wasn’t a happier guy on earth when the Bruins won in 2011. I felt like walking on a cloud a for a long time. Just had a happy inner feeling all the time. Nothing would bother me too much at all. I would just smile for myself and knew nothing compared. Maybe sound ridiculous coming from a guy my age but if you've been a die hard fan and followed the team since 71 I think it’s not. I mean every damn day checking in on 'Bruins.

But this was different and I was asking to myself alot of questions I’m sure others had too. Even Butch Cassidy. Crazy questions like
- when the Bruins first line would have an outrageous scoring night again
- when all the Bruins strong leader core would put them together and win at all cost
- why Butch was always talking that the core guys could decide, all when the scoring and creative play came from the other lines. Did he believe too much in Chara and Bergy.
- would Tuukka hold up or would he finally have an off night

Well all of questions were brutally answered in the most negative answers.
-Waited and waited for Bergy, Marchy and Pasta to do something... Still waiting.
- then somehow Marchy manage to quit on a play I couldn’t believe my eyes
-Tuukka becomes avarage
-and you know you’re in trouble when Nordy gets the best opportunities

I changed to listen to Brick on the radio, turning tv sound down in hope of a change of luck.
But, for the Bruins luck wasn’t changing on this night.

As happy I was in 2011 as devastated I was after the 7th game in the series. I thought for sure the Bruins would have some luck after all the drama and tragic injuries to key players drama through so many years of following the Bruins.

But, no luck at all this night. I couldn’t believe it, 'I didn’t want to. I was hoping for a miracle that wouldn’t come. As I sat there alone on my balcony I felt so bad for the guys on the team. I even felt sorry for myself getting older. I thought about my best Bruins friend, the late Roger Naples. Memories from distant past came upon and all the other big playoff losses. Seemed like it all just flushed on me. Some 48 years of following the Boston Bruins. It really was a low point and it hurt badly.

Just now I started to read this thread and realized many more are just as crazy as me or devoted loyal fans of the Boston Bruins. I’m not about to give up on them just yet, never will

Very eloquently stated, and you are not alone in your feelings.

I don't really mind being reminded of the loss. I have no problem with the numerous mocking avatars of Marchand in tears on the main board. He earned his infamy, and in my mind he's right there with Scott Norwood.

The other team I follow the most is the Houston Astros, and they are poised for a long post season run.

But - memories of June 12 have me apprehensive to get too emotionally involved. Not sure I'm ready for such a letdown only months later!;)

member 96824

The worst part about the loss was stumbling into the streets after and finding out that every bar in Boston was closed by law.

had to drown sorrows in Cambridge. CAMBRIDGE!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The worst part about the loss was stumbling into the streets after and finding out that every bar in Boston was closed by law.

had to drown sorrows in Cambridge. CAMBRIDGE!
not a bar star anymore, those days long behind me but when we were last in Boston for the Tom Petty concert, was surprised too at how early things shut down there

member 96824

not a bar star anymore, those days long behind me but when we were last in Boston for the Tom Petty concert, was surprised too at how early things shut down there

yeah definitely surprising..but apparently it’s a city of Boston thing to close all bars immediately after any elimination game in a final. Weird.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

48 seconds in. Rask doesn't share the same sentiment as all the other Bruins or Bruins fans in general lol. No ****s given, and that's why he'll never win anything.

hes like joe thornton.
some guys dont really care too much if they lose.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

48 seconds in. Rask doesn't share the same sentiment as all the other Bruins or Bruins fans in general lol. No ****s given, and that's why he'll never win anything.

"Personally it didn't take too long to get over; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose."

Great quote to show how passionate NHL players are about winning and what the Cup means to them. :huh:

You'll get some flak for posting this, but I agree with you.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
"Personally it didn't take too long to get over; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose."

Great quote to show how passionate NHL players are about winning and what the Cup means to them. :huh:

Just a shit-eating grin on his face when he's saying it as well, he just doesn't care. It's his prerogative but it's frustrating to see from a $7 mil goalie you'd like to see actually give a shit.

Reactions: Aeroforce

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Just a ****-eating grin on his face when he's saying it as well, he just doesn't care. It's his prerogative but it's frustrating to see from a $7 mil goalie you'd like to see actually give a ****.

Some players care more than others about winning and losing. I think he cares, he's just not the type to let it eat at him, he is a goalie, I guess maybe since they need to bounce back after bad things happening maybe he's wired different?

Personally it's not what I wanted to hear and cements that some players just don't care as much about the end result as the lifelong hard core fans. Certainly sounded like winning a cup is definitely not a must or be all end all for him, but whatevs, maybe this year.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Especially after hearing some of the leaders saying how they will never get over it.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad