2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
First game this year (including preseason) I'm not really looking forward to. Feels like a win is almost meaningless and a loss is a reminder.
To me, a little payback would be sweet. Nothing worthy of suspensions, just on the line kind 0f thing. Make them feel pain.
That is all.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I got some interesting insight from a player tonight and all I will tell you is he has a ring from 2011

He told me the team is angry at themselves BUT not for Game 7 - it is Game 2 that haunts them.

Game 2 and game 5 both haunt me

and Berube's :cry::cry::cry:

...if the NHL officiating would've just done their jobs they're paid to do, and ignored Berube's whining, the B's would've wrapped that series up in 5 or 6 IMO

**** the NHL

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I haven't gone back to watch highlights of game 2, because I don't want to relive it. I think I remember they could've won in regulation and missed some chances in the third. But the whole OT they got completely swamped. I don't know if it was the residual effect of playing with 5 defensemen all night after Gryz got cheapshotted out of the game, or if they just underestimated the effort the Blues would bring with their lives on the line (since if we won that game, that series might be a sweep), but it was pretty bad and uncharacteristic of the rest of the series.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I haven't gone back to watch highlights of game 2, because I don't want to relive it. I think I remember they could've won in regulation and missed some chances in the third. But the whole OT they got completely swamped. I don't know if it was the residual effect of playing with 5 defensemen all night after Gryz got cheapshotted out of the game, or if they just underestimated the effort the Blues would bring with their lives on the line (since if we won that game, that series might be a sweep), but it was pretty bad and uncharacteristic of the rest of the series.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

giphy.gif

member 96824

I got some interesting insight from a player tonight and all I will tell you is he has a ring from 2011

He told me the team is angry at themselves BUT not for Game 7 - it is Game 2 that haunts them.

2 was the one that got away. Going down to 5 D you could see they were just completely gassed by the time OT hit.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Tell Savard he is a traitor to the throne :sarcasm:

Game 2...that’s interesting. Looking back it’s hard to think that’s really the game to be upset about. It was so early in the series.

I felt like game 4 was the one to look at, something like 23 shots? They looked sloppy and barely tested Binnington, after the 7-3 rout I thought that was the questionable one.

Game 5 they were cheated imo and game 6 they won. Game 7 they should have gone in knowing Binnington was going to overcompensate somewhere and they needed to change it up by shooting where he wasn’t. This team has a problem with getting deflated after going down a goal and gripping their sticks too tight, especially if they had been playing well prior to the GA. So far this year they seem to have worked on that. Just a shame they couldn’t close them out when it mattered

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Tell Savard he is a traitor to the throne :sarcasm:

Game 2...that’s interesting. Looking back it’s hard to think that’s really the game to be upset about. It was so early in the series.

I felt like game 4 was the one to look at, something like 23 shots? They looked sloppy and barely tested Binnington, after the 7-3 rout I thought that was the questionable one.

Game 5 they were cheated imo and game 6 they won. Game 7 they should have gone in knowing Binnington was going to overcompensate somewhere and they needed to change it up by shooting where he wasn’t. This team has a problem with getting deflated after going down a goal and gripping their sticks too tight, especially if they had been playing well prior to the GA. So far this year they seem to have worked on that. Just a shame they couldn’t close them out when it mattered

Always an excellent strategy.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
this time last year... you tell me that we would be in game 7 cup finals... I say good enough for me

I agree with the team itself when i say that the series was probably lost earlier than game 7. sadly the refs had a very heavy influence on things when they stopped calling penalties because st louis couldnt stop our pp

I guess the league wanted st louis to win

still... 3 of the first 6 games we crushed them
and in 3 games with the help of the refs they edged us

only 1 game were they the better team... thats parity for you... if you play 7 games even the lowest team in the league will eventually win a game. not much we can do about that

people that blame the team for being outplayed 1 of 7 games in the cup finals... not sure where your expectations are at. if you were invested and supporting the team all year long maybe you can cry disappointment that the team didnt live up to your level of support. honestly, I dont remember anyone this time last October calling for the team to win a cup. I guess I did in my happy puppy thread, but no one else wanted to jump in and exclaim us as the beast in the east.

it was the same in 2011... will never forget the hfboards as montreal took us to game 7 in round 1... the screams to fire Julien and Chiarelli and tear this team apart was overwhelming

I think we got a great chance to go to the finals 4 times in the decade this year... hopefully our second cup win... but honestly we are lucky to cheer the team even if something were to happen and we might not make it

I wish we found more positive things to post about like

making it to the cup finals last year still warms my heart

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
It really felt like St. Louis stole the series. No one expected them to win Game 7. I don't think they particularly deserved to win the series, either. In addition to getting blown out in Game 3, I remember another period where they totally stopped playing. The Bruins didn't get blown out or totally stop playing at any point during the entire playoffs.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m over it after “payback” Saturday night...

:laugh:

What a joke the concept that a regular season win makes up for a Cup loss. One of the dumbest things ever.

I was disappointed by the loss. It bothered me for a couple of weeks, and I felt bad that Backes and some others didn’t get a Cup, but shit happens.

Go out and get one this year.

Reactions: LSCII

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This researcher from New York is looking for Bruins fans to recall the SCF

Only 3 gift cards total. One $200 card, two $100 cards... If there are 1000 people who take the considerable time to fill this out don't expect to randomly win one of the three. I'll bet that there will be 1 100-1 ratio of Blues fans to Bruins fans but that's JMHO...
I wouldn't waste a minute with those **** odds... Actually, I seek to forget that series.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That game 7 was on Cassidy. The troops came out scared and had a deer in the headlights syndrome when they came out on the ice. We were the Canucks of 2011.
That's such bullshit. The Bruins outshot the Blues like 15-4 in the first period and missed several golden opportunities. Saying they came out scared is total revisionist history.

Reactions: BrainOfJ and Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->