2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Meh. Robinson saying the Bruins wore down was an obvious take on the series. Nothing ground breaking there.

He singled out Krug, that's BS. Plain and simple BS. I saw a Bruin or two shying away from a hit but it wasn't Krug. In fact I couldn't believe how he continuously went in to the corners to retrieve the puck when it was obvious he was being targeted , especially at his size. Robinson can say what he likes to try to make himself relevant but without the aid of some pretty biased refereeing he and his Blues wouldn't have won shit. It would have been an embarrassment, hence the reason they put the fix in.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He singled out Krug, that's BS. Plain and simple BS. I saw a Bruin or two shying away from a hit but it wasn't Krug. In fact I couldn't believe how he continuously went in to the corners to retrieve the puck when it was obvious he was being targeted , especially at his size. Robinson can say what he likes to try to make himself relevant but without the aid of some pretty biased refereeing he and his Blues wouldn't have won ****. It would have been an embarrassment, hence the reason they put the fix in.

You didnt even read the full quote then and so what he said something about Krug. Should he stop his analysis so your feelings arent hurt ?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You didnt even read the full quote then and so what he said something about Krug. Should he stop his analysis so your feelings arent hurt ?

I didn't need to read anything, I heard the live interview which was on TSN690. I heard exactly what he said and it was all BS. If you want to worship him, have at it, but don't ever think you have the right to oblige me to join you.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I didn't need to read anything, I heard the live interview which was on TSN690. I heard exactly what he said and it was all BS. If you want to worship him, have at it, but don't ever think you have the right to oblige me to join you.

Who's worshiping. I want the Bruins to get tougher and beat the crap out of the league next year..easy fix.

Reactions: rfournier103

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Who's worshiping. I want the Bruins to get tougher and beat the crap out of the league next year..easy fix.

I'm not changing a thing on the Bruins, they were the better team . What needs to change is the clowns who run this league.I keep reading about how much pull JJ has, it's a f***ing joke. He doesn't even have enough pull to have the games refereed fairly. At the end of the day he probably couldn't give a shit, as long as he can maximize those concessions, his goal has been achieved.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
When teams play the Bruins they come into Boston preparing for the Big Bad Bruins and will play physical. Bruins need a few players to fight back against that

I don't buy that teams come here expecting the Big Bad Bruins. That was 40 years ago. Players playing today weren't even alive.

I'm all for that, but that wasn't the problem in last seasons PO's.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't buy that teams come here expecting the Big Bad Bruins. That was 40 years ago. Players playing today weren't even alive.

I'm all for that, but that wasn't the problem in last seasons PO's.

Did you find the response to barbashev and sudquist adequate. I didn't

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Did you find the response to barbashev and sudquist adequate. I didn't

You seem to want to see the Bruins besting teams physically. I'm a bottom line guy , I want to win cups, I couldn't care less how they do it. Kicking ass or turning the other cheek, I couldn't care less, win Cups, fair and square.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I haven't anointed myself the voice of anything other than what I see. You don't want to hear it and think they played hard? Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that they rolled over after falling down by 2. Doesn't make it a more palatable loss. Doesn't make the season end on a positive. There are no moral victories. Either you win it or you don't. In this case, they didn't want it enough to lay it all on the line, but STL did. Give those guys full credit. They outplayed and earned it, while Boston kept looking to the refs to give them a pp so they could have a chance to score. Hockey is won 5 on 5 and when you rely on special teams too much and can't generate goals at even strength, you lose.

Some of this is bang on and some is way off. While I'll agree you have to be able to score 5 on 5 ( which the Bruins couldn't) . And yes, they did rely too much on PP's . The major part I have a problem with is I can't agree with you saying they didn't want to lay it on the line but St.Louis did. The only THING St.Louis laid on the line was their coach crying to the media that his team wasn't getting away egregious penalties that disappeared there after. So that's what St. Louis laid on the line, a whole lot of crying illustrating what they would need to win this series and the league obliged, nothing more , nothing less.

It's been comical how Bruins fans have come up with all kinds of theories as as to why the Bruins lost ,when all it was , was some biased officiating. I read how they didn't show up, how they weren't tough enough, how they ran into hot goal tending, that is all true about the Bruins but not the reason they lost (sorry .902 over the course of a series isn't hot goal tending no matter how you slice it, especially if you consider that the Bruins didn't get the PP's they should have had). Save percentage has to be in at least the .915-.920 zone before it can be considered a factor, GTFO with this hot goal tending shit. It's BS.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Some of this is bang on and some is way off. While I'll agree you have to be able to score 5 on 5 ( which the Bruins couldn't) . And yes, they did rely too much on PP's . The major part I have a problem with is I can't agree with you saying they didn't want to lay it on the line but St.Louis did. The only THING St.Louis laid on the line was their coach crying to the media that his team wasn't getting away egregious penalties that disappeared there after. So that's what St. Louis laid on the line, a whole lot of crying illustrating what they would need to win this series and the league obliged, nothing more , nothing less.

It's been comical how Bruins fans have come up with all kinds of theories as as to why the Bruins lost ,when all it was , was some biased officiating. I read how they didn't show up, how they weren't tough enough, how they ran into hot goal tending, that is all true about the Bruins but not the reason they lost (sorry .902 over the course of a series isn't hot goal tending no matter how you slice it, especially if you consider that the Bruins didn't get the PP's they should have had). Save percentage has to be in at least the .915-.920 zone before it can be considered a factor, GTFO with this hot goal tending ****. It's BS.

Tuukka Rask was arguably the reason they even sniffed the finals. Also, other teams soiling themselves. This was the easiest road for the Bruins.

When you say St. Louis didn’t lay it on the line... that’s just dumb. Just a dumb thing to say. They f***ing hammered our defence and forwards into the end boards basically every chance they got.

Also, the Bruins played soft hockey...

So like, yeah.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Dude , you say all the same things I say, your just a way better wordsmith than I .

Thanks. Always nice to hear I'm making sense and on the same wavelength as at least some people!

And a large part of what I do for a living involves writing, so I've no excuse not to be at least half-decent at it.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Who knows, it's not like the guy was a hall of fame defenseman, just some front office crony.....oh wait.

I'm sure it was nothing obvious, but maybe he picked up they were slow to the corners, rushing passes, at times, etc, etc. who knows. Whatever they did or didn't do worked obviously. Here's to 2020!

Sure the guy's well qualified to know what he's talking about, but that doesn't mean that he's telling the truth, or that I'm obliged to just believe him at face value simply because of his experience. He could just be talking smack, or he may have interpreted things that he saw in a way that conformed to his subconscious bias, since that's what he expected or hoped would happen.

If all he said was that as a result of the Blues' heavy play our D got a bit slower over the course of the series and were sometimes a little rushed and confused in their decision-making on passes, I'd have no problem with that. But note exactly what he said - he specifically singled out Krug and said that he was "shying away from the corners because he didn't want to get hit". I just didn't see it that way, at all. Instead I saw Krug consistently getting into the corners, putting his head over the puck, and just generally putting himself in harm's way time and time again.

I'm not straight out saying that Robinson is 100% wrong, I just disagree with his comments and I don't feel obliged to agree with him just because he's a HOFer.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm not changing a thing on the Bruins, they were the better team . What needs to change is the clowns who run this league.I keep reading about how much pull JJ has, it's a ****ing joke. He doesn't even have enough pull to have the games refereed fairly. At the end of the day he probably couldn't give a ****, as long as he can maximize those concessions, his goal has been achieved.

Bruins lose again because of the bias refs.

Its JJ's fault. He doesn't even care.

Never gets stale, does it?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sure the guy's well qualified to know what he's talking about, but that doesn't mean that he's telling the truth, or that I'm obliged to just believe him at face value simply because of his experience. He could just be talking smack, or he may have interpreted things that he saw in a way that conformed to his subconscious bias, since that's what he expected or hoped would happen.

If all he said was that as a result of the Blues' heavy play our D got a bit slower over the course of the series and were sometimes a little rushed and confused in their decision-making on passes, I'd have no problem with that. But note exactly what he said - he specifically singled out Krug and said that he was "shying away from the corners because he didn't want to get hit". I just didn't see it that way, at all. Instead I saw Krug consistently getting into the corners, putting his head over the puck, and just generally putting himself in harm's way time and time again.

I'm not straight out saying that Robinson is 100% wrong, I just disagree with his comments and I don't feel obliged to agree with him just because he's a HOFer.

Exactly. I think the physical play wore the bruins down but to single out Krug was some BS. He was one of the only people that DIDNT slow down imo.

Top 3 players 5 on 5 for the entire playoffs were Rask, Krug, and Coyle imo

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Exactly. I think the physical play wore the bruins down but to single out Krug was some BS. He was one of the only people that DIDNT slow down imo.

Top 3 players 5 on 5 for the entire playoffs were Rask, Krug, and Coyle imo

Singling out? Again here is the quote.

“I think if you’ve got a bunch of small forwards or a bunch of small defensemen, sooner or later, you’re going to get worn down,” he said. “Krug may be the only small guy around that can seem to take a pounding and can still play, but even him, after a while, we had guys running at him and he was shying away from the corners because he didn’t want to get hit.

Reactions: bb_fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Singling out? Again here is the quote.

“I think if you’ve got a bunch of small forwards or a bunch of small defensemen, sooner or later, you’re going to get worn down,” he said. “Krug may be the only small guy around that can seem to take a pounding and can still play, but even him, after a while, we had guys running at him and he was shying away from the corners because he didn’t want to get hit.

And what’s that next sentence he says after the bolded?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hes calling it as he saw it. This isn't some poster with an agenda. What the 10 time cup winner saw is what he saw.

Just because he won a cup 10 times doesn’t mean he isn’t subject to his own biases

Michael Irvin won a bunch of super bowls, his opinions about everything are shit. Sorry I’m not a blind lemming for titles

Thank you for providing the quote proving he singled Krug out, I wouldn’t have searched for it

Reactions: JOKER 192

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Just because he won a cup 10 times doesn’t mean he isn’t subject to his own biases

Michael Irvin won a bunch of super bowls, his opinions about everything are ****. Sorry I’m not a blind lemming for titles

Thank you for providing the quote proving he singled Krug out, I wouldn’t have searched for it

Can you please explain how Larry Robinson has time to have an anti krug bias. Your using logic that is for message board debates. This is a guy who has job to prepare his team for matchups each series and for the Bruins the strategy was to pound the Bruins with the forecheck and it worked. If he broke down the Blues previous 3 series the same way he would he have a bias as well ?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can you please explain how Larry Robinson has time to have an anti krug bias. Your using logic that is for message board debates. This is a guy who has job to prepare his team for matchups each series and for the Bruins the strategy was to pound the Bruins with the forecheck and it worked. If he broke down the Blues previous 3 series the same way he would he have a bias as well ?

It’s not an anti-Krug bias, it’s a pro-his game plan/his team bias. And he would’ve been right if he just left it at the bruins in general. Instead he singled out one of the only guys that didn’t wear down. And yes, I think that’s stroking his own ego. Winners are prone to doing that

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It’s not an anti-Krug bias, it’s a pro-his game plan/his team bias. And he would’ve been right if he just left it at the bruins in general. Instead he singled out one of the only guys that didn’t wear down. And yes, I think that’s stroking his own ego. Winners are prone to doing that

I'd rather address the issue with physicality instead of jumping through hoops to discredit a take from a cup winner who clearly knows more than both of us about winning cups. The Blues wont be the last playoff team to run Bruins defenseman.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd rather address the issue with physicality instead of jumping through hoops to discredit a take from a cup winner who clearly knows more than both of us about winning cups. The Blues wont be the last playoff team to run Bruins defenseman.

Yeah I’m getting nowhere here, don’t have time for this.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins had an amazing start getting chances left and right and not allowing a shot for like 15min before that deflection goal by Stl.

Bad play late in 1st by Marchand led to a 0-2 hole and the Blues were able to play their trap game the rest of the way.

That jersey save by Binnington on Marchand on the PP was huge.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad