2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
giphy.gif
thanks for posting that. that was what i was talking about in my previous post. game 4 was where the nhl lost me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly what @Fenian24 @Sheppy and @Colt.45Orr have been saying for years.
I’m irritated Sweeney drafted
Studnicka
Frederic
Beecher
Lauko
Olson

Traded for Kuraly & Coyle

All of them 5’9”

And the D?

McAvoy
Carlo
Vaakanainen
Andersson
Lindgren

I mean. You know. Can they skate and defend when it matters ?

I hate this plan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Got to love it. People thinking their team showed “zero fight” in a game 7 Stanley Cup Final.

Such sensical and smart insight.

Didn’t St. Louis hold Dallas to 2 shots for the combined second and third periods of their game 7? It blows my mind that we still have posters unable to acknowledge the simple fact that we were up against easily the best team in the league from January forward. Not being able to beat them, or not being the better team in game 7, isn’t “no fight”. Such an embarrassment to hear that inevitably leak out every time a team loses a big game.

Well put.

Blues deserved it more. They played better, that’s all there is to it

Bruins best forwards didn’t play like it

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Here’s what I observed in game 7 that stuck out the most: bruins continuing to shoot low on binnington as they did in game 3 and 6 heavily (scoring many goal points on the board of display) binnington knew and overcompensated in game 7 by going down early and lunging a lot....and he looked great doing it because he stopped basically everything and for some odd reason...the bruins didn’t adjust. It was obvious from my vantage point that JB was going down and moving differently than he did in the previous 6 games. To this day I don’t know who’s failure it was to either notice that or adjust but there you have it. If just one or two of our skill guys recognized it and held the puck an extra second only to shoot it high, the game could have been 2-1 earlier on and the tone would have changed

I think most people think the bruins didn’t show up because they a)lost and b)didn’t lose a close game. But they showed up, they were there, they put up a lot of shots .... I think someone’s strategy brain just didn’t show up...for whatever reason. You’d have to talk to each guy involved in that game and ask them if they noticed that or if it was talked about. All I know is this team has a habit of making goalies look all worldly because they keep doing the same thing over and over. With Montreal and price it was never crashing the net, with binnington it was firing low every chance they got and over passing

To their credit, it worked just the game before and they had a habit of coming back in games late, just wasn’t in the cards that night

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’m irritated Sweeney drafted
Studnicka
Frederic
Beecher
Lauko
Olson

Traded for Kuraly & Coyle

All of them 5’9”

And the D?

McAvoy
Carlo
Vaakanainen
Andersson
Lindgren

I mean. You know. Can they skate and defend when it matters ?

I hate this plan

I like the plan. Need a good mix of size and skill. GLAD they identified it. I wonder if Neely is pissed since he called the defense too small after the Tampa series and now it was targeted (as were the abundance of small forwards) by the Blues.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well put.

Blues deserved it more. They played better, that’s all there is to it

Bruins best forwards didn’t play like it
I’m still not understanding why the Blues in the two games in St Louis when Boston had 6 D lost 7-2 & 5-1.

I have a theory they didn’t want it those 2 games

Reactions: LSCII

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m still not understanding why the Blues in the two games in St Louis when Boston had 6 D lost 7-2 & 5-1.

Game 4 is the only game St Louis should have won and who knows if they put that effort forward down 3-0 as they should have been. They were better that night but weren't the better team the other 6 games just got insanely lucky 1st period of G7.

We allowed ourselves to get robbed in G5 by not scoring the first two periods. We do probably score on the PP and win if the Acciari call is made.

I wish Chara hadn't played coaching staff can't let someone in their 40s suit up at 50%. Team looked unbeatable without him vs Carolina.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Game 4 is the only game St Louis should have won and who knows if they put that effort forward down 3-0 as they should have been. They were better that night but weren't the better team the other 6 games just got insanely lucky 1st period of G7.

We allowed ourselves to get robbed in G5 by not scoring the first two periods. We do probably score on the PP and win if the Acciari call is made.

I wish Chara hadn't played coaching staff can't let someone in their 40s suit up at 50%. Team looked unbeatable without him vs Carolina.
He missed 1 game against Carolina. Pretty hard to make any kind of judgement of how the team would have done on a sample size that small

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

:laugh:

It’s true, it’s true! Their want-factor was lacking!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
:laugh:

It’s true, it’s true! Their want-factor was lacking!
It’s mind boggling the two games that mean the most to St Louis

1. Game 3 : first Cup Final home game in 50 years (lose 7-2)

2. Game 6: Cup in building a win it’s theirs (lose 5-1)

It’s embarrassing they let the Bruins win

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
How is it a myth? Did they sell "Boston Bruins: 2019 They Were the Better Team but Lost the Cup" t-shirts I wasn't aware of?

The whole "the better team lost" stuff is very Vancouver-ish tbh.

Agree. If we were such a better team should have wrapped it up before Game 7, let alone own Game 7 at home. Sorry, but a team that packs it in mentally after being down 2 with 2 periods to come back earns that loss. Nothing that couldn’t be overcome by a team worthy of the Cup.

Too much of that series felt like being on the wrong side of our Cup win. Especially some of the talk here.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

They really should be ashamed of themselves, and quite frankly they should lose fans as a result imo

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They really should be ashamed of themselves, and quite frankly they should lose fans as a result imo
I just hope the Bruins win the 2020 Cup at home. I’ll be happy with the Cup but I want it at home.

Reactions: LouJersey

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Are you saying a ten time cup champion is fabricating what he saw?

It's not possible to be definitive both because memory is fallible and the cameras don't pick up everything that happens on the ice, but I never once saw Krug ducking a hit or even attempting to. Same goes for other small D. It was obvious that Krug in particular was targeted all series, and I'll give Robinson some points for honesty there, but I think it's to Torey's immense credit that it never cracked him. Conversely, unfortunately I did see Pasta avoid a couple of potential hits, and I saw Marchand make a few incredibly lazy plays, but that's about it.

You have to consider the implications too - if Robinson's take is correct then in the back half of the series the Blues should have been scoring goals as a result of our defenders getting beat up and forced off the puck in their own zone. But with maybe one or two exceptions at most they didn't. So the claim just doesn't wash.

I suspect that Robinson thinks they came up with a good plan and he has convinced himself in his own mind that it worked and contributed to the team's success. Sure, playing heavy and hard contributed to wearing the Bruins down across the series, no doubt about that, all the more so with the way games 3-5 were refereed. But to say that it had Krug or any of our other D running shy? I don't think so.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Come on, they didn't let the Bruins win.

Its just that their whole team didn't show up for those 2 games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's not possible to be definitive both because memory is fallible and the cameras don't pick up everything that happens on the ice, but I never once saw Krug ducking a hit or even attempting to. Same goes for other small D. It was obvious that Krug in particular was targeted all series, and I'll give Robinson some points for honesty there, but I think it's to Torey's immense credit that it never cracked him. Conversely, unfortunately I did see Pasta avoid a couple of potential hits, and I saw Marchand make a few incredibly lazy plays, but that's about it.

You have to consider the implications too - if Robinson's take is correct then in the back half of the series the Blues should have been scoring goals as a result of our defenders getting beat up and forced off the puck in their own zone. But with maybe one or two exceptions at most they didn't. So the claim just doesn't wash.

I suspect that Robinson thinks they came up with a good plan and he has convinced himself in his own mind that it worked and contributed to the team's success. Sure, playing heavy and hard contributed to wearing the Bruins down across the series, no doubt about that, all the more so with the way games 3-5 were refereed. But to say that it had Krug or any of our other D running shy? I don't think so.

Who knows, it's not like the guy was a hall of fame defenseman, just some front office crony.....oh wait.

I'm sure it was nothing obvious, but maybe he picked up they were slow to the corners, rushing passes, at times, etc, etc. who knows. Whatever they did or didn't do worked obviously. Here's to 2020!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Dude , you say all the same things I say, your just a way better wordsmith than I .

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad