GDT: Game #7 : KINGS @ LIGHTNING - Tuesday, 10/15/‘13 @ 4:30 pm PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
HAHAHAHA

These refs are AMAZING. Carcillo gets tripped and takes someone down with him. Lightning scores.

That being said, Lightning has some terrrrible defense.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The Kings will be fine.....they always are. They just have such ****** starts (not surprising). Now if the Kings are 20 games in and they still look lost then we can start to shake a bit. Maybe.

KingKopitar11*

Breakaways from St. Louis AND Stamkos? Granted Stamkos lost the puck but that can still be dangerous in that situation

I like how on game 3 of a 4 game road trip the Kings have an off game and it's the end of the world

St. Louis shot at his chest. I said he had an off game not week. Read.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
So, our highest paid defensemen are turnover machines, and we have major scoring issues. Other than that, we are fine..... :cry:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
If Kopitar keeps this up for 20 more games he should get traded. For a guy making 6.8 he doesn't produce ****.

Pfft. He is nearly PPG on a team offensively constipated. The defense isn't producing ****, and they aren't stopping **** either.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Can't believe it. People are talking about trading Kopitar, Quick somehow being off all year, saying we suck, and how Doughty isn't as good as Subban/AP/Karlsson in game SEVEN of 82. For a team that has a history of starting slow.

Everybody needs to calm down

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can't believe it. People are talking about trading Kopitar, Quick somehow being off all year, saying we suck, and how Doughty isn't as good as Subban/AP/Karlsson in game SEVEN of 82. For a team that has a history of starting slow.

Everybody needs to calm down
Kopitar's been a problem for longer than 7 games. He's had some good games, but he's not playing like the top guy we need him to be.

KingKopitar11*

Pfft. He is nearly PPG on a team offensively constipated. The defense isn't producing ****, and they aren't stopping **** either.

He's not playing like he's PPG anymore. And trading him will help fill some voids. Because he can play much better than he is. And you can get a great package for Kopi, get a guy that can actually shoot the puck into the net instead of Carter.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Come on. This is a case where ppg is misleading. He, like most of the kings have been complete garbage.

Carter is the only guy who is ready for this reason. The rest of the team can go to hell.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Really?

Do you also sell stock on the market when it dips slightly after a long rise in value?

You honestly think they are coming back this game?

And yes, I would sell when I feel the stock will continue to drop.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's not just about points with these players anymore. It's about what they do with the puck on stick. Are they making the right decisions, do they put on the pressure, do they turn their game up? I think we know which players do and which players don't. Hopefully the ones who don't turn it around. Not saying trade anyone, but they have a responsibility to the team to pick it up.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Watching this game is frustrating. So many things going wrong. It's still early in the season though. Plenty of time to sort things out.

The lightning are making our defense look like pylons out there. Greene, Willie, and RR look really slow.

Ron*

You honestly think they are coming back this game?

If you say "this team sucks," I take it as a general assessment overall, not just in this game.

And I don't believe they have really been "sucking" in this game anyway, they just haven't converted their opportunities. Games like this happen every season. How long have you been watching hockey? This happens all the time.

KingKopitar11*

I don't think trading Kopi is going to help us.

Actually it can really. Shift Carter center and trade Kopitar get a goal scoring left winger. Remember Richards and Carter have no issue playing center. Plus you can even get a nice defenseman in return for Kopitar. Help our defense and offense by trading Kopitar.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
The Kings have just had terrible puck luck today. Purcell gets the perfect shot on the 2nd goal, Malone's tip barely found room, and St. Louis gets a bounce right onto his stick off a bouncing puck. Then Brown crossbar, ref crappy call, and Williams shot perfectly hitting Hedman's stick. This season has had that happen ALOT

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He's not playing like he's PPG anymore. And trading him will help fill some voids. Because he can play much better than he is. And you can get a great package for Kopi, get a guy that can actually shoot the puck into the net instead of Carter.

Come on. This is a case where ppg is misleading. He, like most of the kings have been complete garbage.

Carter is the only guy who is ready for this reason. The rest of the team can go to hell.

I am not saying he is playing well, but at least he is producing. More scrutiny needs to be pointed to the wingers though. Kopitar has been creating chances and hitting posts at least. Trading him is a ridiculous notion however, and the season just started. It's a problem, but I'd give Dean, Sutter, and our players more time to correct it and get back on track after being the last team eliminated before the finals last year in a bid to repeat. Seven games isn't nearly enough time to condemn such a team.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I'm not worried we'll win the cup in the next 45 years! Not even gonna sweat it. Just one game! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad