GDT: Game #7 : KINGS @ LIGHTNING - Tuesday, 10/15/‘13 @ 4:30 pm PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
How are we going to get an amazing injection of skill without trading?

The return for Kopitar through trade would fix a lot of problems. And if he does get traded, the pros out weigh the cons. A top 4 defenseman and a top line winger and more.

Or You can trade richards and get a top line winger and slot carter at center.

I've always been a Kopitar fan since he first entered the league. He did great with worse players around him.

I just believe we gain more than lose from trading Kopitar. Obtaining Carter gave us this luxury of 3 top 6 centers.

You're overestimating the returns, and underestimating the need for two-way centers of their caliber versus scoring wingers. We have a great prospect pool right now as far as winger is concerned. I wouldn't get hasty at sending our centers out the door.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
How are we going to get an amazing injection of skill without trading?

The return for Kopitar through trade would fix a lot of problems. And if he does get traded, the pros out weigh the cons. A top 4 defenseman and a top line winger and more.

Or You can trade richards and get a top line winger and slot carter at center.

I've always been a Kopitar fan since he first entered the league. He did great with worse players around him.

I just believe we gain more than lose from trading Kopitar. Obtaining Carter gave us this luxury of 3 top 6 centers.

The thing is that we just need to sit and wait. these types of players are built for the playoffs. It doesn't work well in the regular season. I think we will get a LW when Williams walks. Brown getting such a huge pay increase really makes the future difficult. In a couple years I think he'll be a third liner.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't consider 5 and 4 assists each in 7 games to be "putting up points", especially for guys making $12 million a year combined.

The Kings clearly have issues on the wing (what happens when you largely fail to address the position for 7 years) and you are correct the D looks slow this year, but Kopitar and Richards have not exactly set the world on fire.

I edited the post, but yes they have sucked, but they have put up the points when you compare them relatively to the rest of the team. It's not easy to scoring on an offensively inept team all by yourself.

KingKopitar11*

You're overestimating the returns, and underestimating the need for two-way centers of their caliber versus scoring wingers. We have a great prospect pool right now as far as winger is concerned. I wouldn't get hasty at sending our centers out the door.

What do you think Kopitar would fetch? Our prospect pool is good, not great.

You're saying our wingers aren't good enough for kopitar then which one of these kids is good enough for him? Toffoli didn't make the team, and neither did Pearson.

None of our prospects are better than Brown or Williams. One center. not centers.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
That hurts. See you all in a couple days. Glad we have a somewhat easy schedule coming up. Hoping we make some changes or some fires get lit under players and this is really just a slow start. Not much to be optimistic about after a game like this though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I edited the post, but yes they have sucked, but they have put up the points when you compare them relatively to the rest of the team. It's not easy to scoring on an offensively inept team all by yourself.

Fair enough, but I would also argue they are to blame for much of the ineptness. 0 goals from your top 2 centers, who both play on the #1 PP.

Kopitar is an even player, Richards is a -3.

The Kings simply need more dominant play, especially 5 on 5.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm really not sure its possible for a defenseman to play that any worse than Regher just did

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Maybe it isn't too late to waive Regehr before anyone notices how old and slow and useless he is. I think a pylon could defend that attack better than old man Robyn.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
In all honestly we haven't played a bad game. We've outplayed the bolts just bad bounces and a few dumb giveaways but solid in my opinion.

KingKopitar11*

The thing is that we just need to sit and wait. these types of players are built for the playoffs. It doesn't work well in the regular season. I think we will get a LW when Williams walks. Brown getting such a huge pay increase really makes the future difficult. In a couple years I think he'll be a third liner.

A left winger from where? Again, which one of our prospects is better than Brown or Williams as of right now? None. What are we waiting for though?The Quality around Kopitar will never be top line talent.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Regehr extension is so bad, the guy wasn't even good last year.

I'll give DL credit, he has been largely able to sign core players for bargain contracts, but my god have the Kings committed large amounts of cap space over the years to washed up veteran players like RR and Stoll.

I'm not sure RR is an NHL player anymore, especially on a team that should be contending like the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Someone remind Lombardi and Sutter that this isn't 2003 anymore, dinosaurs like Regehr who can't clutch and grab have worn out their welcome. This guy is exposed against any team with speed and has been getting killed by outside speed or attackers who rush towards him with speed. He's not even that physical any more.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
A left winger from where? Again, which one of our prospects is better than Brown or Williams as of right now? None. What are we waiting for though?The Quality around Kopitar will never be top line talent.

Bring up Pearson/Toffoli for Brown/Williams.. put Brown/Williams on the 3rd line... bam offense from bot 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad