Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
One thing I noticed tonight The crowd was angry at the team which seldom happens but you could feel it.

Charlie Jacobs fears the marketplace will not tolerate a rebuild and Sweeney has done a decent job keeping the team competitive in the Atlantic but they also have become soft.
The conflict between these two statements [arguably facts] is where I'm really struggling, and perhaps where the angst from the crowd is coming from also. For 50+ years I've chosen the Bruins as my team because they were never soft. They weren't always good, but always went down swinging - figuratively if not literally. This feels different and for the first time, starting to question my faith - if this is really the team I want to invest in emotionally. It hurts a bit.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You pay the price for letting it go 7 games against the Leafs.

Yes, Florida comes out a bit rusty in Game 1, but they’re the better rested team.

They’re also the better team.

The Bruins had a chance in this series. And they still do have a chance, but as others have said, their margin for error is razor thin.

To once again come out and get outshot 12-3 or whatever it was to start the game puts an immense amount of pressure on Swayman to be perfect.

The goalie can’t do everything by himself.
Add in cracks on defense and poor play down the middle and it’s not a recipe for success.

Game 4 isn’t technically a must win, but they have to have it if they want a chance at a game 6 as I don’t see Florida playing with its food up 3-1 with a chance to close it out at home.

So you do whatever it takes to win Game 4.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is why you needed to win game 5 v Leafs

they look gassed/fatigued and probably done in 5 maybe 6

You have to win an early series in 4 or 5

Florida to good to be with the gas light on

You pay the price for letting it go 7 games against the Leafs.

Yes, Florida comes out a bit rusty in Game 1, but they’re the better rested team.

They’re also the better team.

The Bruins had a chance in this series. And they still do have a chance, but as others have said, their margin for error is razor thin.

To once again come out and get outshot 12-3 or whatever it was to start the game puts an immense amount of pressure on Swayman to be perfect.

The goalie can’t do everything by himself.
Add in cracks on defense and poor play down the middle and it’s not a recipe for success.

Game 4 isn’t technically a must win, but they have to have it if they want a chance at a game 6 as I don’t see Florida playing with its food up 3-1 with a chance to close it out at home.

So you do whatever it takes to win Game 4.
To me this is a perfect summation

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Brad has a concussion and maybe a busted jaw to boot based on what I saw. The team is soft vs what Florida puts out there. Once again not built for the playoffs. But…..with the cap situation pretty hard to pull it off this year. But…..you can still have some heart even with a patch work team. I think the slow starts also come down to some of the talent level. Playing not to lose it seems. They need to change out 9-10 guys for next year. Will they? Nah. They will trade Linus, add another center and we will hear that the FO (again soft) is happy with how they did their best, etc.

Your best goal scorer in one game got manhandled and then your captain got taken out (total cheap shot) and it didn’t change the anything. That also speaks to heart. Talk a good game but talk wins you squat. They don’t have the horses to do it but I don’t think the FO will make drastic changes to make them a Cup contender in years to come. Why would they when they keep selling out???

What is disgusting is the Panthers have NO FEAR of playing in TD Garden as they have now won 4 playoff games in a row.
How ice DIS-advantage it seems……

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Many expected a line brawl tonight even before the puck dropped - nothing happened.

The Bruins need to do it before Game 4 if, for no other reason, it could be their last home game this season. Get the crowd into it early..........

We are not 'The Big Bad Bruins' anymore - the team is Yogi and Boo-Boo

yogi-bear-boo-boo-bear-marching-921ovyj5abibshnn.gif

This is the all-time classic - a full-blown brawl during warmups

Look at the boxscore of that night - nobody got a penalty because the game had not started

We don't know who the officials will be yet but I fear Steve Kozari will be one of them.

They’re a finesse team.

Yes, they’ve avoided the rebuild that many, including me, have been calling for.

But they’ve also apparently hit their ceiling.
Very good regular season team, but in the 2nd echelon of NHL clubs and not a legitimate Cup contender.

And that’s all fine, but what’s the path?

They’ve got some more retooling to do this summer. They need a dynamic center and they also need to upgrade at scoring wing.

They need some more grit as well.
Time for Swayman to take the reins in net, but you’ve also got to pay him so the money saved from moving Ullmark will be used up quickly.

This season has already constituted a success for me.

I can’t say I’ll be disappointed if they lose to a better Florida team.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This is why you needed to win game 5 v Leafs

they look gassed/fatigued and probably done in 5 maybe 6

You have to win an early series in 4 or 5

Florida to good to be with the gas light on

To me this is a perfect summation
Hopefully the Celtics learn this lesson and put their foot on the gas against the Cavs.

They let the Heat series go 5 and you don’t want to let this Cavs series go 6 or 7.

It’s about saving something in the tank for the last third of the marathon when the miles start to catch up with you.

Reactions: DKH and Kate08

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Montour looked better last year and this PO

What was up with Carlo tonight? Had a horrible game - Bruins were outshot 9-2 when he was on the ice - and was given less than 4 mins in the 3rd period, including just one tiny little shift in the last 11 mins. Was this simply due to fatigue, Monty keeping him on the bench due to his bad performance, or something more? Been a rock all playoffs, but alas not here.
Probably dinged up. Took a few heavy hits tonight.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo just had a child and no way he’s able to sleep between the excitement and change

I totally get it

He only has to go through this one more time in all likelihood

By October things should be settled and into a routine

Congrats to the Carlos and a very good borderline excellent season

nhl network put him top 5 shutdown D in the game and taking a huge step gotta agree

He looks gassed though

Once Bruins lost game 5 to Leafs they were going to pay for that eventually and it’s here

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The conflict between these two statements [arguably facts] is where I'm really struggling, and perhaps where the angst from the crowd is coming from also. For 50+ years I've chosen the Bruins as my team because the were never soft. They weren't always good, but always went down swinging - figuratively if not literally. This feels different and for the first time, starting to question my faith. If this is really the team I want to invest in emotionally. It hurts a bit.

I share your pain.

Neely by design is supposed to be the public face of ownership but 7 years ago he stopped his weekly visit with Felger and Mazz as they pushed him.

Neely then decided the coach was the one who had to deal with the media.

I have typed this many times and I will do it again......... If Sweeney was fired another NHL team would hire him. If Cam was fired what team would hire him?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Here's the thing.

Last year we went all in. It failed, that happens, look at Vegas, out in the 1st round even with all their BS.

Because we went all in last year , Sweeney had to look for bargains, IMO he did pretty well given the circumstances.

This team over achieved with the roster they played with this season. They had to work their asses off to finish where they did. With a very inferior roster they had more success in the PO's this year than last years dream team. Let's not forget our situation at center. We don't have a true 1C . Props to Coyle and Zacha for keeping it respectable but it is what is.

The future looks bright. Sign or trade for a true 1C and they'll be in business. Lots of young guys ready to take the next step.
Poitras,Lohrei, Beecher and Brazeau showed some good stuff this season. Who knows, maybe even Lysell , Merkulov and Regula can take the next step. Not bad for a team who's been perpetually rated at the bottom of the prospect pool.

The Bruins are playing a better team, simple as that. The Bruins look gased and have looked that way for some time. That's what happens when you have to bust your ass to stay competitive.
Beecher is a player that I would like to see bring more. Has great size and speed. hope he just has to learn it more effectively . He seems to play so tentatively. Hoping as he gets more confident he will learn to use these great assets more effectively.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Many expected a line brawl tonight even before the puck dropped - nothing happened.

The Bruins need to do it before Game 4 if, for no other reason, it could be their last home game this season. Get the crowd into it early..........

We are not 'The Big Bad Bruins' anymore - the team is Yogi and Boo-Boo

yogi-bear-boo-boo-bear-marching-921ovyj5abibshnn.gif

This is the all-time classic - a full-blown brawl during warmups

Look at the boxscore of that night - nobody got a penalty because the game had not started

We don't know who the officials will be yet but I fear Steve Kozari will be one of them.

Many here been saying it for years. Many here didn’t want believe. They are not tough enough. They’re cooked and now have to go back to Florida to lose there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I noticed tonight The crowd was angry at the team which seldom happens but you could feel it.

Charlie Jacobs fears the marketplace will not tolerate a rebuild and Sweeney has done a decent job keeping the team competitive in the Atlantic but they also have become soft.
Bruins have most points since Sweeney been GM in league

He signed Lucic not realizing he would not only assault his wife but not live up to his I won’t let you down when they brought him back and wanted to be a leader

there is 0.0 chance Sweeney gets fired

This was a bridge year - many Brujnd fans here are super charged and emotional who after every loss want to either jump off a bridge or throw everyone off it

I have only read a couple posts but even with series still on a bit you will find emotionally fragile people calling for get rid of everyone

It’s so Bruins fans

The real softies are Bruins fans

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tkachuk and Bennett being scumbags and water is wet.

All I have to say at this point is if they go down 3-1, at least give Bennett a good two-hander across the left hand for a parting gift. He can GFH and deserves it.
B's fans would want statues of them in front of practice facility if they played for B's.

What kills me is the fact that they turn it on when down by a handful of goals.

Start the game this way. Jesus.
Florida isn't letting them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Back 2 back games where 2nd period penalties were the turning point.

Did Lohrei's stick really clip the Panther player?

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad