Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. Get hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This game will show who the better team really is. Equal desperation. Winner gets to watch Montreal flop for a few games, loser stays in Florida for the golf.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This game will show who the better team really is. Equal desperation. Winner gets to watch Montreal flop for a few games, loser stays in Florida for the golf.

It'll give us more insight on Bishop too, regarding our future. Huge pressure.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Biggest key will be which team can score first.

Yup. We need to come out strong and get one by Mrazek in the first 5 minutes. Don't let Detroit weather the storm and then score a flukey bounce goal so they can go into their trap shell. Make Detroit play from behind. It makes them open up a little more and that means we can use our speed and skill against them.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Absolutely. It will be a huge moment for a young team if they can win a game seven too. The pressure won't get any higher than this with their season on the line. Bishop looked shaky in the last game after giving up that second goal and this game will show where he is mentally. If he plays a solid game and doesn't look rattled, he's mentally fine. If he buckles under the pressure, I don't think I can trust him anymore like I have so far.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Those History Will Be Made bits were great. Probably because our run was so great that year too. :laugh:

This is probably my favourite even though it isn't about us. It's just so epic. "Off the floor, on the board!". I get chills every time.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Tampa should win this 100% IMO.

But the question is will Babcock outcoach Cooper once again. If he does i can see Detroit possibly getting a chance in OT.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
bUNimBf.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Win or lose, this series has taught our team more about playoff hockey than last year vs. Montreal. Babcock threw the kitchen sink at them. Last year we learned about speed and intensity in the playoffs. This year we've learned how the rules go out the window.

If we'd lost the series before this point, I would have called this season a failure because we didn't get to the second round. But I think there've now been enough positives to call it a success, because at least we'll have stuff we can build on, even if we lose.

That said, please don't lose. I feel like we're capable of a whole new level of hockey now, and I really, really, really want to watch us eat Montreal alive.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Truly believe the Lightning would make meat out of the Habs, so in a sense, I view Wednesday night as the difference between a one-and-done failure and an ECF appearance, at which point all bets are off.

We have craved payback all year, and as good as 5-0 vs. MTL in the regular season was, it's still not enough. Playoff payback is where it's at. Don't miss this opportunity. It only takes winning one home game to make it happen. Given this team's home ice dominance this year, who wouldn't have signed up for that if given the chance?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Win or lose, this series has taught our team more about playoff hockey than last year vs. Montreal. Babcock threw the kitchen sink at them. Last year we learned about speed and intensity in the playoffs. This year we've learned how the rules go out the window.

If we'd lost the series before this point, I would have called this season a failure because we didn't get to the second round. But I think there've now been enough positives to call it a success, because at least we'll have stuff we can build on, even if we lose.

That said, please don't lose. I feel like we're capable of a whole new level of hockey now, and I really, really, really want to watch us eat Montreal alive.

They certainly have raised their bar this season, I am hoping for some May hockey but if not, they still got further than last year, even when their star player has become a non-factor. Last season we were the first series to be over, this year, win or lose tomorrow will be the last series to end in the 1st round. I just want them to play their hearts out tomorrow, and show up to play, and go out battling.

A Game 7 at home, is the most exciting moment and most energy you can ever feel in a playoff series. If they can feed off of that, and play like they did last game, and the 1st two games of the series, they should be able to advance.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
1. 2004 team
2. 2011 team

Both showed heart. Both showed passion.

Where will this one rank?

Big guys need to play big, "small" guys need to play even bigger. Need a big game from Paquette, Nesterov, Flip, etc. Need a goal or two from those bottom lines. I feel like with all eyes on us, Stamkos may get one shot and it could be a big one. Johnson and his waterboys will get one. Feeling more confident going into game 7 than I did going into game 1. Please Tampa, pull it off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The one thing that scares me is we're still pretty much a one line team, offensively. Coop helped that a little bit last game by constantly mixing up the other lines. But if Detroit shuts down TKO, I don't like our chances. So all eyes are still on Stamkos.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

Complete agreement. Last night, for the first time in the series, I felt the team actually found their playoff gear. If they can bring that again tomorrow, we have a good shot at seeing round 2. Either way, they now know that gear exists.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The one thing that scares me is we're still pretty much a one line team, offensively. Coop helped that a little bit last game by constantly mixing up the other lines. But if Detroit shuts down TKO, I don't like our chances. So all eyes are still on Stamkos.

We have a Boyle, though.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

Everyone has said this 1000 times but, NOW would be a good time for Stamkos to show up and get going.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This series needs to come to an end already. I can't take another day of Wings fans and Lightning fans *****ing at each other about calls made vs. calls not made and the general physical nature of the series.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This series needs to come to an end already. I can't take another day of Wings fans and Lightning fans *****ing at each other about calls made vs. calls not made and the general physical nature of the series.

We couldn't have played a better team though, for our own benefit. I think the younger players learned so much by having the jerseys hooked off their back that it forced them to grow. And also, finally, give some back. We learned from the masters.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith retweeted
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 2m2 minutes ago
Babcock said Kronwall hearing is at 4. Surprised.

So we should know within a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad