Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. Get hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Just wow.

Nick Cotsonika @cotsonika
Babcock: "Kronner’s foot was on the ice when he made contact, elbow tucked in on the side. Went through him."

Nick Cotsonika @cotsonika
Babcock referenced hits by Callahan and Palat. "So I assume that good judgment will prevail and Kronner will be playing in Game 7."

All I care about right now is that Kuch wasn't hurt.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
This series needs to come to an end already. I can't take another day of Wings fans and Lightning fans *****ing at each other about calls made vs. calls not made and the general physical nature of the series.

What Fugu said on the playoffs board is dead on. And I say that as a non-mod. If you think this series is bad, you are in for a serious shock should we have a Tampa-Montreal series. The *****ing about reffing will be exponentially worse. And that will be the least of it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Still no news on Kronwall eh?

I'm guessing it comes out any minute. I think, because there's a hearing, he has to get at least a fine, so we should hear something either way, rather than the silence you get when waiting to know if there will be a hearing at all.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Meh - Babcock needs his best defenseman there for a game 7. He's not going to throw his player under the bus in that situation.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I was looking for the first one and couldn't find it.

And damn, that second one man. The feels. I haven't missed Marty, but that damn video... Just the raw emotion and skill of that man.

MSL, 3 point night in game 6 on the brink of elimination, exactly like Johnson, now let's hope this game 7 doesn't turn out the way that one did.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
John ShannonVerified account
‏@JSportsnet
Kronwall hearing done. Decision soon. Hearing largest fine possible or 1 game being considered.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm glad to hear that the team is fully focused on the game and not on all the other stuff going on since they can't do anything about it anyway.

Let's hope the team is ready and that they don't want things to be like the rest of the series (where the teams have won every other game) and that they view this game as they did game 6.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I shouldn't be, that hit deserved punishment, but I'm surprised the DoPS handed out a suspension. Good on them.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Kronwall suspended for game 7.

BOOM.

I think a fine would have been okay too, but this changes a lot of things on the ice tomorrow night. It could unify the Red Wings and make them even worse (Boston like) or give us free reign to skate.

Wow, what a wild night this is going to be tomorrow night.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm shocked they actually suspended him. Not because the legality of the hit but because this is the playoffs and it's game seven.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Wow meltdown on the main forum? :laugh:

Not really as bad as you would think.

Honestly, it deserved a suspension, but with all the crap being let go just since the playoffs started, I've got to say I'm surprised. I'll take it, but I can't blame Wings fans for being a little pissed off.

And now the Bolts have no excuse whatsoever to lose. Time to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad