Pre-Game Talk: Game 7. Get hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, they're pissed that they think other hits should have been suspended, not that he doesn't deserve to be suspended. Kind of odd reasoning.

Still, the video was really good in showing the launch and the head shot.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I mean, they're pissed that they think other hits should have been suspended, not that he doesn't deserve to be suspended. Kind of odd reasoning.

Still, the video was really good in showing the launch and the head shot.

Yeah, but I kind of understand that reasoning. You've seen all kinds of dirty **** this first round, and your guy is the only one suspended. In an elimination game. Like I said, I'll take it and it's deserved, but I get being upset by it as a fan.

And still, they're being much more reasonable about it than some groups would be. Mentioning no names.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
would love to hear babcock's reaction if anybody comes across anything please post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gwahahahahahhaha...

HahahahahahhGwahahahahahahahaha

Kang19

Apr 12, 2010
Yeah, but I kind of understand that reasoning. You've seen all kinds of dirty **** this first round, and your guy is the only one suspended. In an elimination game. Like I said, I'll take it and it's deserved, but I get being upset by it as a fan.

And still, they're being much more reasonable about it than some groups would be. Mentioning no names.

This right here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hopefully the Bolts don't even think about it. Just go out there and play the game they played last game and they should win the game. Detroit can't be counted out because Kronwall is out.

With that said all excuses the Lightning have for this game are out the door. Game is at home, they are without their top DMan, winner take all we should see our best effort. Also would be nice if Stamkos would show up. Anybody seen Stamkos?

Wings Sauce

Nov 2, 2014
Grand Haven, MI
Wings fan here coming in peace.

I knew I'd find the video from the League here. Heh. I didn't see it on the Wings forums yet.

After viewing it I am definitely less convinced than I was that it was a good hit compared to the other "Kronwallings" exemplified. Yeah, the one game suspension was made with incredible inconsistency, what with some of the other crap we've seen go down in this series. The timing couldn't be worse, although the Wings may very well rally and rally hard.

It looks like Kuch has loose helmet syndrome -- a couple-a the guys on my team have it as well and it makes me nervous. I'm really glad Kucherov is alright, as he hopped right back up after the hit, waved off medical attention at the bench, and wouldn't whine about the hit to the press. Big of him.

I'm looking forward to Game 7!! I know the Wings will put up a fresh fight even without Kronwall and I expect, as usual, Tampa will present an exciting challenge.

See ya tomorrow!

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Honestly shocked that he got suspended. I have no faith in the DoPS to actually suspend head shots especially in the playoffs from a O6 team. I can understand the frustration of DRW fans since other dirty **** has been let go (Subban slash for example) but other things being let go doesn't suddenly make the Kronwall hit legal.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
The video was pretty good at pointing out why it was worthy of a suspension and how it differed from Kronwall's other hits where he was moving 'laterally' through the player as opposed to 'upwards' away from the ice. Also they explained how the contact was delivered primarily through the forearm/elbow to Kucherov's face as opposed to his back to the opponent's torso.

Still shocked by the decision. And I could have agreed with Palat being suspended (even though Glendening had begin to fall).

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Pretty shocked the league actually suspended him, though Kronwall was deserving of it. The video is nearly cut and dry, and the angle from behind makes it pretty obvious he launched and that his feet coming off the ice was a precursor and not a byproduct of the contact.

Does anyone know if Palat's hit was reviewed too? If not, I think DRW fans have a reasonable gripe. Though Palat doesn't nearly have the history of Krons, he appeared to also leave his feet and contact the head. Not saying he deserves a suspension too, but it probably warranted a look.

The suspension makes me simultaneously more optimistic and nervous. Should be one helluva game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty shocked the league actually suspended him, though Kronwall was deserving of it. The video is nearly cut and dry, and the angle from behind makes it pretty obvious he launched and that his feet coming off the ice was a precursor and not a byproduct of the contact.

Does anyone know if Palat's hit was reviewed too? If not, I think DRW fans have a reasonable gripe. Though Palat doesn't nearly have the history of Krons, he appeared to also leave his feet and contact the head. Not saying he deserves a suspension too, but it probably warranted a look.

The suspension makes me simultaneously more optimistic and nervous. Should be one helluva game.

Too late to review Palat's hit. I think there's something to be said for the speed of the collision though. Even so, I get where Wings fans are coming from. We'd be saying the same stuff if Radko was still around and the shoe was on the other foot.

I think, in a way, this is us getting rewarded for the ridiculous reffing we saw yesterday. Because if the refs had taken care of that hit on the ice, I don't think the league would feel nearly as much pressure to step in, like with Subban.

ADD: Something funny: The only media I've found that has a lot of disappointed people is TSN Montreal radio. Wonder why.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Keys to the game:

Subtle Interference: Its no surprise that once Cooper decided to play along with Babcock, the team got back to the solid possession control we saw in the regular season. We held all the momentum until that 5-on-3.

Score the first goal: This is the most important one. Once Detroit has a lead, the neutral zone gets shut down completely.

Home ice advantage: They're short handed on D, and we have last change. Cooper should be able to take advantage of this and get some favourable matchups against guys who have struggled like Ericsson and Zidlicky.

Bishop: He's been struggling in high pressure situations. Hopefully he's gotten all of his soft goals out of the way.

Not really sure how I feel about this game, it feels like a coin flip.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
You gotta think Yzer put in more than 2 cents after that officiating display. Wonder if that had any effect on the Kronwall ruling or how Game 7 will be called. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the opposite and there are 20 ticky tack penalties tomorrow.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Hopefully the team is ready to handle physical play because it wouldn't be surprising if Detroit ratchets up their physicality in light of the suspension. It's about time Kronwall answered for his questionable hits. That said I didn't like Palat' s hit either.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hopefully the team is ready to handle physical play because it wouldn't be surprising if Detroit ratchets up their physicality in light of the suspension. It's about time Kronwall answered for his questionable hits. That said I didn't like Palat' s hit either.

Thankfully, their most physical player is now out of that equation.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Win or lose, this series has taught our team more about playoff hockey than last year vs. Montreal. Babcock threw the kitchen sink at them. Last year we learned about speed and intensity in the playoffs. This year we've learned how the rules go out the window.

If we'd lost the series before this point, I would have called this season a failure because we didn't get to the second round. But I think there've now been enough positives to call it a success, because at least we'll have stuff we can build on, even if we lose.

That said, please don't lose. I feel like we're capable of a whole new level of hockey now, and I really, really, really want to watch us eat Montreal alive.

Well said sir. Whatever happens tomorrow I feel already better about this team and the coaching staff, they're resilient and can adapt, they just need more experience but they learned A LOT in that series. I sure hope this is not the end of the road yet, though, tbh I wouldn't be disappointed anymore, just sad.

Come on boys

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
While I completely understand Wings fans being upset about this suspension, there are some other things they're complaining about that puzzle the **** out of me.

Coopers incessant whining? Really? One comment after one game about something that is completely and undeniably true. Somebody needs to define incessant and whining for them.

Tampa Bays diving tendencies? Wow. The Wings look like they've been at Olympic diving practice the entire series. Do they honestly not see that? Is it a willful blindness, or is there some form of "it's not diving if it's an O6 team" thing going on?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It looks like Kuch has loose helmet syndrome -- a couple-a the guys on my team have it as well and it makes me nervous. I'm really glad Kucherov is alright, as he hopped right back up after the hit, waved off medical attention at the bench, and wouldn't whine about the hit to the press. Big of him.

You have a good point about loose helmets. That always irritates me so much that so many players don't wear them properly. It's like they don't give a crap about themselves. Really ought to be a rule about that like other equipment. :shakehead

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
You have a good point about loose helmets. That always irritates me so much that so many players don't wear them properly. It's like they don't give a crap about themselves. Really ought to be a rule about that like other equipment. :shakehead

It's scary to think if Kuch landed on his head how horrific that hit could have been. I don't know though, with fighting and all, how you'd implement a rule like football about penalizing guys for helmets coming off. Unless fights are treated differently.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If I must be worried about someone it's Bishop. I really hope he doesn't crumble like a wet firecracker under the pressure.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
If I must be worried about someone it's Bishop. I really hope he doesn't crumble like a wet firecracker under the pressure.

Bishop did look super shaky at times, but I thought he was screened/handcuffed on a lot of shots and still made some huge saves IMO.

Hedman having an off game is what terrifies me the most. Please, not now. Stamkos isn't even a top 5 possible game killer at this point. We're winning despite him. The only difference he can make is a positive one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad