Game 7: Ducks 7 - Kings whatever

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Positives:
Richards and Gagne had strong games. Creating turnovers, hard on the puck, smart passing, that is what the Kings need out of that.
Doughty was solid again, hitting, jumping appropriately, solid game
PP starting to click, looked real good all game

Negatives:
Penner. Wow.
4th line gotten eaten alive. Never been a Fraser fan, he was not good tonight at all.
Martinez and Muzzin were brutal. Bad plays all over the ice, that was just terrible.
Goaltending was bad from both guys.
PK sucked.

It was a tough loss, but not the end of the world.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Felt Marc-Crawford-era-ish.

Muzzin shows flashes, but that's not good enough for a championship team. This team can't continue with BOTH of them getting minutes, plus Doughty is gonna get worn down to the tread...

Hope Quick is alright. I can't even fault Bernier. The guy probably played more games his last year of junior than he has the last 3-4 years combined. No wonder he wants to gtfo.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Oh I still care, but then I think back to that magical time when we won the Cup and it's all gravy. I can look at things objectively and not freak out.

Let's be honest. The Penner and Bernier experiments need to end.

Fat boy is lazy and it's just not working out. Enjoy Florida, or Columbus or whatever team signs you in the offseason. Either waive him or trade him for whatever we can get.

Bernier, we get it you don't care, but no team is going to trade for you if you play like an apathetic teenager. Trade his ass for whatever we can get, like tomorrow.

Deal Loktionov for a defenseman soon. If Drewiske misses time, our d will be uber bad.

Doughty-Scuderi
Voynov-Martinez
Muzzin-Bodnarchuk

Do Jesus!

I can only imagine if Scuds got hurt by blocking that shot, wtf would the Kings do?

Doughty-Martinez
Voynov-Muzzin
Bodnarchuk-Campbell?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I think a tree could be more effective then Penner, and a monkey could do better in net the Bernier did tonight.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh I still care, but then I think back to that magical time when we won the Cup and it's all gravy. I can look at things objectively and not freak out.

Let's be honest. The Penner and Bernier experiments need to end.

Fat boy is lazy and it's just not working out. Enjoy Florida, or Columbus or whatever team signs you in the offseason. Either waive him or trade him for whatever we can get.

Bernier, we get it you don't care, but no team is going to trade for you if you play like an apathetic teenager. Trade his ass for whatever we can get, like tomorrow.

Deal Loktionov for a defenseman soon. If Drewiske misses time, our d will be uber bad.

Doughty-Scuderi
Voynov-Martinez
Muzzin-Bodnarchuk

Do Jesus!

I'm also slightly worried about Scuds--dunno if that's gonna swell up or what

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
At what point does a player's ego and need for personal succes overcome his desire to play well for his team? I could only half-blame Bernier if he let some goals in intentionally. Mind you, I'm not saying he did that at all. Just trying to figure out the psyche of a pro who's got his career placed on seeming never-ending hold.

KingKopitar11*

Our team when they aren't giving it a 100% almost always loses, our playing style requires a lot of energy to be effective. Anaheim has attacking the net mentality as soon as they were in our zone, they never stopped to set up, or forecheck. Players like stoll and fraser who are primarily the power forwards are realistically useless.

When our top 6 is doing nothing at all, what does that tell you? How come we were 28th in scoring again so far or something like that. It's either our players or our system. Its both though. There's not many players we have that can actually shoot with precision. We are more talented than Anaheim or close to it on offense, we out shot them, we had more possession, but they have execution. They have players that automatically attack the net, set up in the slot, they dont wait to set up, they dont throw as much as hits as we do. But they execute. You get rid of the players who bring nothing when they have no effort. Carter when he's invisible still has a shot and can pot in a goal with a bad game. Penner when he's invisible brings nothing, Loktionov, Vey, Toffoli in that regards would do better than Penner, Stoll, Fraser.

Just my idea. I understand this is how we won our Cup, but **** when we dont play with energy we are absolutely neutralized. Anaheim played with no energy and won. Our system is too risky.But this will likely never happen since its drastic so in that case, get rid of Penner and someone else who cant score and put Toffoli and Loktionov on a line together. That seems so much better.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Put Gagne on the second line and keep Penner in the press box! Also, someone wake-up Kopi and tell him to shoot the damn puck

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Positives:
Richards and Gagne had strong games. Creating turnovers, hard on the puck, smart passing, that is what the Kings need out of that.
Doughty was solid again, hitting, jumping appropriately, solid game
PP starting to click, looked real good all game

Agree. and Gagne better be on the 2nd line when the puck drops in Columbus. PP was better , much more movement, they need to keep that up.

Negatives:
Penner. Wow.
4th line gotten eaten alive. Never been a Fraser fan, he was not good tonight at all.
Martinez and Muzzin were brutal. Bad plays all over the ice, that was just terrible.
Goaltending was bad from both guys.
PK sucked.
It was a tough loss, but not the end of the world

I don't think Sutter likes Penner much anyway, that lazy gene isn't something that Sutter recognizes. I wonder if he gets benched or demoted?
PK misses Willie and Greene BADLY.
I wonder what the deal is with Mitchell?

Move on...Quick will regain his form and they start the roadtrip on a positive note.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So was that Bernier's last game as a King? Heh. Still conflicted about him, cos he looked bad today but also doesn't get a lot of playing time, so.

We are really missing Mitchie BIG time, and some of those goals was the Ds fault. Hope he's not out too long.

Taking penalties and causing turnovers is very uncharacteristic of Kopi. If the knee is bothering him even with the brace, he should really sit out.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Agree. and Gagne better be on the 2nd line when the puck drops in Columbus. PP was better , much more movement, they need to keep that up.

I don't think Sutter likes Penner much anyway, that lazy gene isn't something that Sutter recognizes. I wonder if he gets benched or demoted?
PK misses Willie and Greene BADLY.
I wonder what the deal is with Mitchell?

Move on...Quick will regain his form and they start the roadtrip on a positive note.

Same here hasn't he been cleared for a few weeks?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
As others stated in the game day thread, Bernier looked like somebody who couldn't give two craps about his performance. They can't trade him soon enough.

Corey Perry*

How do you figure? Sure it was high scoring but the d on both sides blew chunks and the refs had little to no impact on the game.
^ From Reaper45 in GDT

It was a good game as it was entertaining, not because of the level of play.... and you can't say the refs had no impact on the game when there were 8 penalties called. I thought the refs sucked from a Ducks' point of view, but I'm not going to go too in-depth on that on this forum.

See ya guys later this month.

KingKopitar11*

Hopefully we can get a 2nd for Penner. Drop Lewis, and Fraser, make a nice third line with Manchester kids. Trade Bernier too, sometime i dont notice how small he is until hes in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad