Game 7: Ducks 7 - Kings whatever

KingKopitar11*

That's beyond me honestly I don't know how he gets away with so much. That's a clear suspension

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Penner was playing terrible, Richards had an okay game but he's getting better, putting Penner with them would of been a set back imo.

I think Sutter agrees with that, from practice today, Penner on the 5th line:

KingsNewsDaily Penner you ask? Fifth line with Bodnarchuk!!! Yes you read that correctly. #LAKings
Read more at http://kingsnewsdaily.com/#JLKkdQIsLD0B8H5k.99

And Gagne on the 2nd line where he belongs, he worked his way back line by line and his skill is better offset by Richards and Carter

JimFox19 #SuperBowlSunday #LAKings practice Lines/pairs 23-11-14/12-10-77/74-28-22/13-15-71/25-24///7-8/27-26/6-44/47

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Clifford is the leading scorer on the team, and he & Nolan have more points combined than Carter & Richards. It would certainly be nice to get more offense from the bottom six, but that is far from the team's biggest problem right now...
If some secondary assists makes you happy, then be me guest. Both two goals, all that bull about assists all the time. Most overated stat in hockey, besides +/-.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If some secondary assists makes you happy, then be me guest. Both two goals, all that bull about assists all the time. Most overated stat in hockey, besides +/-.

You should be more concerned that Kopitar has looked like and performed like, the worst forward on the team the last three games.

The bottom six has done what has asked of them the whole season so far.

Save the 4th line getting owned last night.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
You should be more concerned that Kopitar has looked like and performed like, the worst forward on the team the last three games.

The bottom six has done what has asked of them the whole season so far.

Save the 4th line getting owned last night.
Well that was exactly my point.

The bottom six has done squat, exactly what we have been seeing for 1,5 year already. Energy and hustling. That's nice with a fully healthy defensive core and top 6 that is playing like they can.

When the prime players arent scoring, they wont score a goal so now and then either to get things going.

Look at the top teams, and look how many points they combine.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

The bottom six has done squat, exactly what we have been seeing for 1,5 year already. Energy and hustling.

When the prime players arent scoring, they wont score a goal now and then either to get things going.

Than Fix it Coach , GM.

I await your magic pill or lineup or trade to fix the Kings lackluster play to start the season.

You know Since Sutter and Lombardi are clearly not doing their Job.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Or you could actually suggest something.

Maybe put Richardson back into the lineup

Say:

Richardson/Stoll/Lewis (that provides lots of speed for that line). Maybe it will help who knows try it Sutter.

King/Fraser/Clifford Heck maybe it's time Nolan sat down a few games or Clifford.

King does have some scoring, he has shown that.

Or maybe Dean can swing a trade of King to land another speedy decent hands bottom guy (suggest one).

Or I can bit$%6 and Moan and not offer anything.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Goals make me happy. Secondary assists mean that goals are being scored. If secondary assists are so easy to come by then why aren't the guys in the top 6 racking them up? It's pretty funny that you're trying to minimize what Clifford has done to start the season, or that it doesn't count because of some random criteria defined by you. If you're expecting a bunch of goals from the 3rd & 4th lines, you're going to be waiting a looooooong time. There's a reason these guys play on the bottom lines. They're doing their job, everyone in the top 6, sans Carter, is not.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Goals make me happy. Secondary assists mean that goals are being scored. If secondary assists are so easy to come by then why aren't the guys in the top 6 racking them up? It's pretty funny that you're trying to minimize what Clifford has done to start the season, or that it doesn't count because of some random criteria defined by you. If you're expecting a bunch of goals from the 3rd & 4th lines, you're going to be waiting a looooooong time. There's a reason these guys play on the bottom lines. They're doing their job, everyone in the top 6, sans Carter, is not.

OPH

"I got a BINGO"....."You just say Bingo"

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No you know what is funny. That I list a whole bunch of players from Lewis, Stoll, Clifford, Richardson, Nolan, Fraser, King etc etc who lack any kind of offense, fact. Yet, you feel the need to point out that one single player -who is playing above his level currently - as reason why I'm so wrong. That is what I call funny. :)

And if you think that I'm expecting a bunch of goals from the bottom lines, than you are putting words into my mouth too.

Rod Buskas*

i think that was Doughty's best regular season game he's ever played. There's not a defenseman in the league that can do everything he does.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just take a gues.....

It starts with one-timers and end with hitting the upper ranks of the arena

Hahahaha, that's a good one. That description not only reminds me of Stoll but I'm also reminiscing of Joe Corvo and Rob Blake. Imagine having those three on your team at the same time.

RonSwanson*

The bottom six has done squat, exactly what we have been seeing for 1,5 year already. Energy and hustling. That's nice with a fully healthy defensive core and top 6 that is playing like they can.

When the prime players arent scoring, they wont score a goal so now and then either to get things going.

Say what?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Penner was playing terrible, Richards had an okay game but he's getting better, putting Penner with them would of been a set back imo.
Crap, I wrote Penner and meant Gagne!!! I would rather see Penner waived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad