GDT: Game 7: Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 10/19/13 - 7P ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Rask doesn't get credit for what he does because of his style.

Other goalies are out of control flying left and right, and get the spectacular save because they were out of position at the start. Fighting to recover from bad rebounds they let out into the slot.

Rask is just a technician. He is where he is supposed to be and moves easily from side to side always in complete control. He doesn't over extend himself. His rebound control is generally outstanding.

People on other boards want to call him a system Goalie, but that is so wrong. He is just such a stud.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if Rask wins the Vezina this year. So far this season, he has outplayed other Vezina winners (and candidates); Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, Bobrovsky, etc. and will probably continue to do so. I tend to take what the main board says about him with a grain of salt; "oh, he's just a product of a great defensive system". Not always. He has bailed the B's out on multiple occasions, and he still manages to play strong even when the team falls. A system goalie won't do that.

TheFeistyFinn

Dec 31, 2011
Wouldn't suprise me at all if Rask wins the Vezina this year. So far this season, he has outplayed other Vezina winners (and candidates); Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, Bobrovsky, etc. and will probably continue to do so. I tend to take what the main board says about him with a grain of salt; "oh, he's just a product of a great defensive system". Not always. He has bailed the B's out on multiple occasions, and he still manages to play strong even when the team falls. A system goalie won't do that.

i think we can count Lundqvist out from the vezina race this year. he is playing like one of the worst goalies in the NHL at the moment. he is totally lost without torts defence system. im betting on Rask, Niemi & Varlamov/Rinne as the nominees this year. hopefully Rask winning it in the end :yo:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Krug us awesome and deadly fast. Love him. I missed some of the Darth fight but he was all smiles during it that crazy man. IDK why Iggy and that big head guy fought again but Iggy was PISSED at the end talking ****. LOVE IT!

Thornton's goal was quite a snipe for a goon :sarcasm:
Loved DK and Bergy's goals.
I swear McQuaids goal hit off Iggy but maybe not

Watched it with a good friend who loves hockey. So great to finally have a friend who loves hockey as much as me. Watched 1 1/2 periods of the sharks with him after the Bruins.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
i think we can count Lundqvist out from the vezina race this year. he is playing like one of the worst goalies in the NHL at the moment. he is totally lost without torts defence system. im betting on Rask, Niemi & Varlamov/Rinne as the nominees this year. hopefully Rask winning it in the end :yo:

Finland can produce 'tenders, huh?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

They showed Rask's 2012-13 stats vs Bob's the night that the B's played CLS, and there was VERY LITTLE difference between his numbers and the Vezina winner's. Shocking that Rask wasn't even a finalist.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Looks like the Bruins gained ground on every team in their division tonight, except Florida.....nice win B's.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
The yeti looked great...Caron who?

They will need them both and more before the season is over.
But the yeti did look great. Claude has the problem coaches love to have.
Marchand might get some thinking time next.

I thought Iggy got a piece of that McQuaid shot.

Last edited:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I'm loving all the lines right now..

Soderberg looked awesome

I still can't believe Iginla hasn't scored.. But he's still playing awesome in my opinion. I know he's there to score goals but I'm glad he's still contributing whether it's on the PK, cycling the puck, sticking up for team mates or screening goalies. The goals will come.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Haven't posted during games this year but tonight was the best game so far.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think Rask gets near enough credit. He should have been a Vezina finalist last season-I hope they don't ignore him this season.

King Hank lost his crown when Torts got fired. I wonder if the change in pad size affected him (I haven't seen a Rangers game to know just how the pucks are going behind him) but he was one of the goalies complaining. I suspect it is more that he depended a lot on shots just not getting through because Torts wanted the defense to collapse and block shots.

bostone737

Jun 21, 2011
Toronto
3rd line looked awesome last night, especially soderberg. If Smith can maintain his play with Bergeron and Loui it would be huge for them, allow that Soderberg/Kelly/Marchand line to stay together. To have a 3rd line again this year would be great! Also, really like the effort level from Iginla, hopefully it pays off with some goals soon

And how nice was that save by Rask on Stamkos in the third? So casual

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Was at the game tonight. About 1/3 of the place were Bruins fans. Late in the 3rd, the "let's go Red Sox" chants started... Was awesome.

Damn good night to be a Boston fan!

Just finished watching the game and I was going to say, good road game however, seemed more like a pro B`s crowd there.

Our boys played very well, each line was solid, T Bay came in playing some very solid hockey from what I have read and the B`s took away their chances all over the rink

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Rask was in the zone-defense didn't let too much get through to Rask but the Stamkosnsave and the save in the first that led to one of the goals (think it was the Krejci goal) was a real nice toe save.

Those lines looked real good-there really wasn't a line that didn't dominate.

Chara owned St.Louis. He is an amazing, speedy player but Chara gives him no space to do anything.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just finished watching the game and I was going to say, good road game however, seemed more like a pro B`s crowd there.

Our boys played very well, each line was solid, T Bay came in playing some very solid hockey from what I have read and the B`s took away their chances all over the rink

My favorite was you could hear "Tuuuuuk!" From the crowd. Must suck to have tahat many fans cheering the opposition at a home game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
3rd line looked awesome last night, especially soderberg. If Smith can maintain his play with Bergeron and Loui it would be huge for them, allow that Soderberg/Kelly/Marchand line to stay together. To have a 3rd line again this year would be great! Also, really like the effort level from Iginla, hopefully it pays off with some goals soon

And how nice was that save by Rask on Stamkos in the third? So casual

3rd line in 7 short games has already allowed me to forget last year`s nightmare

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
3rd line in 7 short games has already allowed me to forget last year`s nightmare

It's a different system. The third man up high is being activated a lot quicker. Defense are jumping in when the third man is out of position. Last year I don't think Chris Kelly skated below the dots the whole year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Was at the game tonight. About 1/3 of the place were Bruins fans. Late in the 3rd, the "let's go Red Sox" chants started... Was awesome.

Damn good night to be a Boston fan!

When I went there (before the B's cup win) there were many B's fans too. There are many retired New England people living in Florida.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's a different system. The third man up high is being activated a lot quicker. Defense are jumping in when the third man is out of position. Last year I don't think Chris Kelly skated below the dots the whole year.

a bit more aggressive, but this year`s 3rd has been all about execution, where last year, the boys just beat themselves, seemed like any pressure was lost by a lost puck battle, an offside, a poor pass etc...far more crisp this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad