GDT: Game 7: Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 10/19/13 - 7P ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My favorite was you could hear "Tuuuuuk!" From the crowd. Must suck to have tahat many fans cheering the opposition at a home game.

In all fairness, I`ve been at the TD where far too many Hab fans were permitted tix to the game too:shakehead

When I used to travel down to watch games at the ONLY Garden, it appeared like only a pocket of the arena was for Hab fans, in the last few years, way too many for my comfort

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I'm loving all the lines right now..

Soderberg looked awesome

I still can't believe Iginla hasn't scored.. But he's still playing awesome in my opinion. I know he's there to score goals but I'm glad he's still contributing whether it's on the PK, cycling the puck, sticking up for team mates or screening goalies. The goals will come.

Iginla is so confident with or without the puck.....GREAT addition !!

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
In all fairness, I`ve been at the TD where far too many Hab fans were permitted tix to the game too:shakehead

When I used to travel down to watch games at the ONLY Garden, it appeared like only a pocket of the arena was for Hab fans, in the last few years, way too many for my comfort

I was doing some field placement work yesterday at our Boys & Girls club & wore a Bruins t-shirt......got some serious flack from both Habs & Leaf fans of the adult variety.....LOL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

There are fewer Hab fans than there used to be.

I remember bus loads arriving from Montreal...many drunk and looking for trouble at the Garden...which of course they would find. :p:

Come down this year :)

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Wouldn't suprise me at all if Rask wins the Vezina this year. So far this season, he has outplayed other Vezina winners (and candidates); Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, Bobrovsky, etc. and will probably continue to do so. I tend to take what the main board says about him with a grain of salt; "oh, he's just a product of a great defensive system". Not always. He has bailed the B's out on multiple occasions, and he still manages to play strong even when the team falls. A system goalie won't do that.

Please don't jinx it!! :laugh:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Kind of nitpicking here, but why was McQuaid's goal recorded as unassisted? Should be assists for Krug and Lucic. Krug passed to Lucic in the slot, he shot and it bounced off a defender's leg back to McQuaid...

Seen assists given out for much less.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Kind of nitpicking here, but why was McQuaid's goal recorded as unassisted? Should be assists for Krug and Lucic. Krug passed to Lucic in the slot, he shot and it bounced off a defender's leg back to McQuaid...

Seen assists given out for much less.

Jack and Brick were saying it is because the stats guys were for the home team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I see the "trade Kelly bring up Spooner" talk has fizzled :laugh:

I really liked the look of that Yeti-Kelly-Marchand line last night, that could become a very dangerous trio.
Have a feeling some crow will be served up at some point this year. Until then, I'll wait to celebrate until he hits 10 goals. :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There are fewer Hab fans than there used to be.

I remember bus loads arriving from Montreal...many drunk and looking for trouble at the Garden...which of course they would find. :p:

Come down this year :)

Mrs Odaat and I are plannin to, we`ll have to have a HF pre-game get together

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I see the "trade Kelly bring up Spooner" talk has fizzled :laugh:

I really liked the look of that Yeti-Kelly-Marchand line last night, that could become a very dangerous trio.

Turned into the "what can we get for Marchand" thread:sarcasm:

THEN they bring up Spooner;)

I have been, and will remain steadfast in my belief of Chris Kelly as a valuable member of this team who simply had a poor year last year

Bi Coastal Bawse*

My friend was asking me who I think the most talented player on the Bs is last night and if it was Bergeron. I told him I think the most talented and underrated was DK and he disagreed since DK led the Playoffs in points in 2011 and 2013. Then DK scored.

He and I both also agree with a few of you here that Rask is vastly underrated.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
When I went there (before the B's cup win) there were many B's fans too. There are many retired New England people living in Florida.

I love going to games there.

Plenty of fellow B's fans, cheap tix ($50 - 8 rows from ice) and of course- the weather!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Turned into the "what can we get for Marchand" thread:sarcasm:

THEN they bring up Spooner;)

I have been, and will remain steadfast in my belief of Chris Kelly as a valuable member of this team who simply had a poor year last year

Kelly has been the biggest difference in my opinion as far as the 3rd line being resurrected. He is skating very well,his balance seems better,deeper edges on turns.Soderberg was very impressive. From what I had seen of him prior to last night, he didn't seem to have the ability to carry the puck at all or make plays.Last night, a couple of times,I had to rewind the DVR to see who made that great individual play and was pleasantly surprised to see it was the Yeti.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the short season and broken leg affected Kelly far more than we realized.

His skating has been fantastic so far and he has been a beast at the dot. He still isn't exactly going to be a great scorer but with players who can shoot and pass he is going to do well.

I don't understand the need for a team whipping boy for fans-I mean in last night's game it is hard to find anyone to nitpick-even Marchand looked like he was finding his game. These lines IMO for now I working and there is no reason to mess with them.

Personally barring injury or a need for rest inwouldnlikenthem to keep the line up from last night as is for a while.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

Jack and Brick were saying it is because the stats guys were for the home team.

Were they being serious about this, or was it an off-the-cuff, light-hearted comment? I don't know how stats guys being homers would necessarily dictate assists and points.

Just suggesting: might it have to do with the fact that it bounced off the defender, sort of washing out the prior assists? Not saying stats guys haven't awarded assists in these types of situations before, but just wondering if that's why it got recorded that way.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Kelly has been the biggest difference in my opinion as far as the 3rd line being resurrected. He is skating very well,his balance seems better,deeper edges on turns.Soderberg was very impressive.

By combining Marchand and Soderberg with Kelly, this line has the potential of becoming the third "first" line. Okay, so I am joking...but only a little. If all lines can get their mojo established and online, this team is going to be extremely difficult to play against.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
By combining Marchand and Soderberg with Kelly, this line has the potential of becoming the third "first" line. Okay, so I am joking...but only a little. If all lines can get their mojo established and online, this team is going to be extremely difficult to play against.

Unfortunately, I was at the Sox game last night so didn't see Bruins game.

Who played right-wing on the line?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Were they being serious about this, or was it an off-the-cuff, light-hearted comment? I don't know how stats guys being homers would necessarily dictate assists and points.

Just suggesting: might it have to do with the fact that it bounced off the defender, sort of washing out the prior assists? Not saying stats guys haven't awarded assists in these types of situations before, but just wondering if that's why it got recorded that way.

I was thinking at the time that it was a joke, along the lines of "would have been assists if it was a Tampa goal" or something similar. Not sure, we see the stats guys tend to be heavily in favor of the home team when it comes to individual players' hits stat and 3 Stars of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad