GDT: Game 7: Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 10/19/13 - 7P ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

nycbruins*

Boston scorekeepers would definitely have given 2 assists on that goal. Pretty much any home scorekeepers, so no, I don't think Brick was joking.

I remeber going to games at MSG in the late 90's & Gretzky was getting assists for goals he wasn't on the ice for.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Boston scorekeepers would definitely have given 2 assists on that goal. Pretty much any home scorekeepers, so no, I don't think Brick was joking.

I remeber going to games at MSG in the late 90's & Gretzky was getting assists for goals he wasn't on the ice for.

Kinda puts a damper ok fantasy sports. I have Krug in pool and that 1 point would have put me in a tie for this week.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Were they being serious about this, or was it an off-the-cuff, light-hearted comment? I don't know how stats guys being homers would necessarily dictate assists and points.

Just suggesting: might it have to do with the fact that it bounced off the defender, sort of washing out the prior assists? Not saying stats guys haven't awarded assists in these types of situations before, but just wondering if that's why it got recorded that way.

I think a change in possession negates assists. Oh well, the Bruins score keepers tend to be rather generous when handing out assists themselves.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Wouldn't that neccessitate "control of the puck" though? For example, someone scoring on a rebound doesn't get an unasssisted goal.

Assists are awarded on that type of play 99.99% of the time. In this day and age of fantasy pools, the league has to be more consistant than that. Very frustrating.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
didnt post anything on this game, but just had to mention how impressed i was with soderberg.

Seems to be able to fake out alot of players. hopefully he keeps it up.
oh yeah- and kels is definitely back to his pre injury form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad