Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 1/28 7:07 PM - Penguins, Bruins and Tim Peel again OH MY!!! - NESN, SN*, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The line of Marchand - Bergeron - Smith could be an interesting one tonight. This was last game vs PIT when they played about 4 minutes together:

CF%SF%xGFxGAxGF%SCF%HDCF%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
In the 4:22 they played together, they outshot PIT 5-1 and out chanced them 3-1.
I think you could put a 4 x 4 post with Marchy and Bergy and get good stats.
Even better if its pressure treated.

Reactions: hrdpuk

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Rask and Halak have played a collective 1066 games in the NHL.
That is exactly 13 years of 82 games of experience.

If that isn't been there done that I don't know what is.

Reactions: hrdpuk

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins Injuries: Updates On Jake DeBrusk, Tuukka Rask, Matt Grzelcyk - NESN.com

But after morning skate, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy shared some updates on the injured B’s.

On DeBrusk: “He’s in getting treatment. Had an MRI, no structural damage and he’ll be day-to-day, but will not play (Thursday). And until he’s back on the ice I can’t predict what his timeline will be. We’ll see in the morning. Obviously he has to travel if he’s going to play with us (this weekend), so that will be addressed tomorrow morning through the medical staff. … Hopefully it’s a quick turnaround for him.”

On Grzelcyk: “He was out (on the ice) this morning, feels great. So assuming he gets through warmup and feels he can play, then he’s in.”

On Rask: “We are going to use Vladar (as a backup Thursday), only because we’re going to give (Rask) a full day off. We kind of went through this and the decision was made that he wasn’t going to start, then let’s keep him out of any worries about putting him in should something happen to Jaro. So that’s the thinking, he’ll go back in Saturday, that’s the plan right now.”

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Not really a fan of the lines but having Coyle and Ritchie on Krejci’s wings is probably the closest thing to Lucic and Horton we could do. Coyle is nowhere near the shooter Horton is but these guys should be able to score.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Looks like they're sticking with it. I guess it makes sense to try to have two effective top lines when you're missing 3 top six guys. My only beef is that "3rd line" is clearly not getting many minutes tonight so why not switch Frederic and Bjork to get Freddy some more time on ice.

Brrrrutal - by playing Lindholm they’re also reducing the effectiveness of one of the few legit forwards they have by forcing Coyle to the wing. It’s like deciding to clean a broken window with mayonnaise. Why make more problems?

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I have a few things I don't like to see in the line up, when I see more than one I'm not happy

1) Coyle on the wing
2) Players playing their off wing/handedness
3) 4th liners playing higher up
4) Lindholm in the line-up
5) Gryzlyck playing 1st pairing
I don’t like Coyle on the wing as well. The way I like the D lines now is how I wish they would stay. Five option agree. Like Clifton playing more

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Brrrrutal - by playing Lindholm they’re also reducing the effectiveness of one of the few legit forwards they have by forcing Coyle to the wing. It’s like deciding to clean a broken window with mayonnaise. Why make more problems?

Coye and Krejci actually have some really good advanced numbers together. This is at 5v5 since Coyle was acquired:

at 5v5
CF%
SF%
GF%
xGF%
SCF%
HDCF%
HDGF%
Krejci/Coyle
59.39​
58.15​
71.43​
58.25​
56.63​
59.68​
77.78​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm surprised to see Studnicka isn't at C over Lindholm.

Reactions: wintersej

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I don't know why they wouldn't move Kuraly up, or better yet, let Frederic center the line with Studnicka, put Bjork alongside, and roll Kuraly-Lindholm-Wagner as the offensively-inept, defensive match-up line.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Looks like they're sticking with it. I guess it makes sense to try to have two effective top lines when you're missing 3 top six guys. My only beef is that "3rd line" is clearly not getting many minutes tonight so why not switch Frederic and Bjork to get Freddy some more time on ice.

I thought the Lindholm move was practice only. He is our 3rd line center? He is the worst player on the entire roster including taxi squad....

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think everyone making a fuss over these lines needs to ask themselves how often Bruce throws injury lineups in the blender during a game.

If a line combo does not work Cassidy will switch everything around.

I can almost guarantee he will by the end of the first period.

Book it<tm>

::Hands Don $5::

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Think we're going to need an extra batch of cookies tonight.

With extra chocolate.

4cafddxUW7s5O.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad