Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 1/28 7:07 PM - Penguins, Bruins and Tim Peel again OH MY!!! - NESN, SN*, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Peel again seems like we already did this

DrkysVGW4AEHcxs.jpg

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I'd love to know what Bergeron's all-time record is vs. the Penguins with Crosby/Malkin. All 3 came into the league around the same time. I'd be willing to bet Bergeron's Bruins have a pretty decent overall record vs. Pittsburgh from say 2008-09 until now.
At one time a few years ago I did all the head to head games and Bergy was ahead of Sid by a good margin. I have no idea what it is like the last 3 or 4 yrs since. Just to shut up Pens fans and hockey fans in general, that were Crosby fanboys.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011

Looks like they're sticking with it. I guess it makes sense to try to have two effective top lines when you're missing 3 top six guys. My only beef is that "3rd line" is clearly not getting many minutes tonight so why not switch Frederic and Bjork to get Freddy some more time on ice.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Looks like they're sticking with it. I guess it makes sense to try to have two effective top lines when you're missing 3 top six guys. My only beef is that "3rd line" is clearly not getting many minutes tonight so why not switch Frederic and Bjork to get Freddy some more time on ice.

I would also love to get Frederic more ice time. Love his game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Smith is rapidly moving up my list of favorite Bruins

the last few trade deadlines, he was a player I identified as a guy I thought could be a nice fit in Boston. Not because he was some game breaker or big time scorer but the few times each year I watched the B`s play the Preds, when he was on the ice, he was a guy who seemed to have an endless motor when it came to hounding the puck carrier, seemed like he shot a ton too which I later found out he did. Add the fact that he wasn`t a guy with a massive contract and I thought he`d be a good target to set their aims on

He hasn`t disappointed, while not a guy who`ll bring the empty arena fans outta their seats, just appears to be a hard working vet who can contribute offensively while being fairly solid in his own zone

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Kinda wish they'd put Coyle back on the 3rd line C and Bjork with him and Frederic. Hurts my head to see lindholm on the "3rd line"

Root

Feb 22, 2010

This is gross

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Kinda wish they'd put Coyle back on the 3rd line C and Bjork with him and Frederic. Hurts my head to see lindholm on the "3rd line"

My head always kinda hurts when I see Lindholm in the lineup. And it isn't even that he is that terrible. It is more the fact that the Bruins don't think they have anyone better to put in there. That disturbs me.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My head always kinda hurts when I see Lindholm in the lineup. And it isn't even that he is that terrible. It is more the fact that the Bruins don't think they have anyone better to put in there. That disturbs me.

There's a reliability factor with Lindholm. I always saw him as the cerebral player wanted/needed by Cassidy when injuries surface. The fact Cassidy is placing him at 3rd line center says it all.

The sad thing is Lindholm will be held under a microscope on the game thread tonight with everything wrong connected to him. Predictable.

Who knows maybe I'm way off...but I haven't had an issue with him playing this role.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There's a reliability factor with Lindholm. I always saw him as the cerebral player wanted/needed by Cassidy when injuries surface. The fact Cassidy is placing him at 3rd line center says it all.

The sad thing is Lindholm will be held under a microscope on the game thread tonight with everything wrong connected to him. Predictable.

I agree. Like I said, I don't think he's an awful player at all. He's steady, makes good decisions, plays his position well, but he just so goddam meh.

Reactions: BMC and Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad