Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 1/28 7:07 PM - Penguins, Bruins and Tim Peel again OH MY!!! - NESN, SN*, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The game will be seen in Canada EXCEPT for Alberta, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut

upload_2021-1-27_20-19-19.png

upload_2021-1-27_14-11-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-27_14-10-47.png
    upload_2021-1-27_14-10-47.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Interesting the Pens' GM Rutherford just stepped down, citing personal reasons.

The Pittsburgh Penguins say General Manager Jim Rutherford has resigned over personal reasons.

The organization says Assistant General Manager Patrik Allvin will serve as interim general manager.

In a statement posted to the Penguins website, Rutherford says, “It has been a great honor to serve as general manager of the Penguins, and to hang two more Stanley Cup banners at PPG Paints Arena. I have so many people to thank, beginning with the owners, Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux, and team president David Morehouse. There always has been so much support from everyone involved with the Penguins, both on the hockey and business staffs, and, of course, from a special group of players led by Sidney Crosby. The fans here have been tremendous to me and my family. I know it’s a little unusual to have this happen during a season, but just felt this was the right time to step away.”

Reactions: BMC and Aeroforce

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Bruins have to learn to keep their skate blades on their opponents' neck until the final horn goes off.

Like everyone else I'm happy they won last night but they were up 2-0, no reason to let the Flightless Birds tie it up even with the poor officiating.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Bruins have to learn to keep their skate blades on their opponents' neck until the final horn goes off.

Like everyone else I'm happy they won last night but they were up 2-0, no reason to let the Flightless Birds tie it up even with the poor officiating.

I was willing to cut them some slack had they pulled out a regulation win. The Pens have some elite offensive weapons and their forecheck gave the B's young D fits all night. The B's were also gassed being down a forward.

That being said, Marchand going for the highlight reel play 1-on-3 with minutes left, instead of a soft dump in the corner, which led to the turnover and tying goal, was frustrating.

I'm happy with the wins, but not giving the opponents loser points; especially since every game is a division game.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was willing to cut them some slack had they pulled out a regulation win. The Pens have some elite offensive weapons and their forecheck gave the B's young D fits all night. The B's were also gassed being down a forward.

That being said, Marchand going for the highlight reel play 1-on-3 with minutes left, instead of a soft dump in the corner, which led to the turnover and tying goal, was frustrating.

I'm happy with the wins, but not giving the opponents loser points; especially since every game is a division game.

Exactly. We say points are at a premium way too much around here but this season it is the absolute truth. The Bruins can't keep giving away cheap points to their opponents, it is going to bite them in the ass.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I agree with the criticisms in this thread but there was a lot of uncertainty going into this year and many felt the Bruins might not make the playoffs. I am pleased with the start and feel the Bruins are as good as any team in the division with the exception of maybe Washington. We will see how the Bruins matchup against Washington soon enough . This is a little surprisingly , a good team .

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Pittsburgh Penguins say General Manager Jim Rutherford has resigned over personal reasons.

The organization says Assistant General Manager Patrik Allvin will serve as interim general manager.

In a statement posted to the Penguins website, Rutherford says, “It has been a great honor to serve as general manager of the Penguins, and to hang two more Stanley Cup banners at PPG Paints Arena. I have so many people to thank, beginning with the owners, Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux, and team president David Morehouse. There always has been so much support from everyone involved with the Penguins, both on the hockey and business staffs, and, of course, from a special group of players led by Sidney Crosby. The fans here have been tremendous to me and my family. I know it’s a little unusual to have this happen during a season, but just felt this was the right time to step away.”

The game passed him by based on recent moves. This makes Pittsburgh better.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
IMO Ritchie-Coyle-Smith is as untouchable a line as is 63-37-88.
I am guessin you mean Frederic instead of Ritchie?

If Lindholm is actually gonna get in the lineup it should be with Kuraly and Wagner. I have pretty much given up on Bjork but just put him in Debrusks spot with Bergeron and Marchand and leave lines 2 and 3 alone. Pretty simple.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am guessin you mean Frederic instead of Ritchie?

If Lindholm is actually gonna get in the lineup it should be with Kuraly and Wagner. I have pretty much given up on Bjork but just put him in Debrusks spot with Bergeron and Marchand and leave lines 2 and 3 alone. Pretty simple.

Oops my bad :blush:

I will edit my post.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
What was that crap with not blowing the play dead while Pitt on a PP and Malkin has a skate issue...in our d zone no less....that would have killed a lot of the PP

However Tuukka gets a hip ? injury and they let Pitt shoot it into the empty side of the goal...

I remember when Tuukka broke a skate blade and the other team scored and they let it stand

Peel is awful (other ref not much better)

I guess the only way it could get worse is a combination of Peel/Rooney/Lee reffed our games....

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think it looks like this tomorrow
Rat-Bergy-Bjork
Ritchie-Krejci-Studnicka
Frederic-Coyle-Smith
Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner

If today practice lines are an indication...

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Ritchie-Krejci-Coyle
Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner
Frederic-Lindholm-Studnicka

Kind of wish they'd do a 4th line of Fredric-Studnicka-Senyshyn instead lol

Mitch Doris

Jan 20, 2021
Haha thank you! I do hate the Pens being from Eastern PA, Flyers and Avs guy, dont hate the Bruins though. Like them less this year because they are in division. The guy who just started writing for my site is a huge Bruins guy, so I am learning to dig them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille