Post-Game Talk: Game 69 - One thing is clear, these teams now HATE each other - TBL 5 BRUINS 3 F

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I usually agree with you but in this case I think that you're being a bit unfair.
Moore hasn't played in too long and then he's thrown in against these guys who
were hungry for Bruin blood. He was a sheep against wolves Saturday night.
I put it on Butch. I don't know what Cliftons status was but if I have two guys who
were equally healthy I take the tougher to play against guy. Again, no idea if Clifton was
ready. Moore is a big finesse guy but his timing and positioning were off. You can't get
that state of readiness in practice no matter how hard the practice session.
You're right, i could be a bit unfair to him, but from what i've seen he's just kind of a nightmare when it comes to his positioning and his smarts.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I usually agree with you but in this case I think that you're being a bit unfair.
Moore hasn't played in too long and then he's thrown in against these guys who
were hungry for Bruin blood. He was a sheep against wolves Saturday night.
I put it on Butch. I don't know what Cliftons status was but if I have two guys who
were equally healthy I take the tougher to play against guy. Again, no idea if Clifton was
ready. Moore is a big finesse guy but his timing and positioning were off. You can't get
that state of readiness in practice no matter how hard the practice session.
I think a step further on Cassidy, maybe he should be spotting these guys along the way to keep them somewhat fresh
I’m referring to Moore and Clifton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be interested to know what these things were, if you've got the time to share them. Always good to get a knowledgeable perspective from behind the glass.
He pinned a Bolt early in the second period to the left of the goalie - the play had gone up the ice and the referee hovered - Ritchie was tormenting the player but he had position as he was over him Im a dominant position- the Tampa player wanted no part and Ritchie looked like he was face wash/pushing head down trying to get him to go. I was surprised the ref didn’t call Ritchie or both.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He pinned a Bolt early in the second period to the left of the goalie - the play had gone up the ice and the referee hovered - Ritchie was tormenting the player but he had position as he was over him Im a dominant position- the Tampa player wanted no part and Ritchie looked like he was face wash/pushing head down trying to get him to go. I was surprised the ref didn’t call Ritchie or both.
Seemed like they were interested in the rough stuff only against Boston's top line - which isn't such a bad strategy

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
You're right, i could be a bit unfair to him, but from what i've seen he's just kind of a nightmare when it comes to his positioning and his smarts.
You can practise all you want, but it's not the same pace as playing in a game.
Can't blame Moore, it has been too long to remember when he played before the TBay game?
I was advocating to call up Vaak or Zboril to play instead of Moore. At least they are in " game shape".

Reactions: GoBs

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Funny how the bolts beat the 1st place Bruins (on an off Bruins night), yet can't quite finish
off the last place Dead Things. I think I like our chances in a 7 game series.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Funny how the bolts beat the 1st place Bruins (on an off Bruins night), yet can't quite finish
off the last place Dead Things. I think I like our chances in a 7 game series.[/
You do realize the bruins have lost twice (in regulation) to the red wings this year, right?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Back to back and that same Deadwings team Beat Bruins twice too .I want Leafs to upset Tampa or force them a long 7 games myself .In sports some teams just give other teams a hard time no matter where they sit.Ask Leafs about Bruins.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Back to back and that same Deadwings team Beat Bruins twice too .I want Leafs to upset Tampa or force them a long 7 games myself .In sports some teams just give other teams a hard time no matter where they sit.Ask Leafs about Bruins.

Thank heavens we won't have to face that powerhouse Detroit team in the playoffs then!!! :sarcasm: Btw....I will NEVER cheer
for the Leafs....EVER! Did I mention ever??? :noway:

Reactions: caz16

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Seemed like they were interested in the rough stuff only against Boston's top line - which isn't such a bad strategy

don't forget Maroon was more than willing to go coming fresh off the bench when Chara was at the end of his shift. but not really because he resorted to wrestling when it was actually time to square off.

Cernak is also a fraud. funny he is more than willing to rough up McAvoy...earlier in the same shift Chara had an actual reason to rough up Sergachev but when Sergachev declined Chara skated away. Yet Cernak very willing to take advantage of McAvoy.

Meanwhile...after Goodrow elbowed Kase Ritchie stepped up to go after Goodrow. Cernak had a chance to get in between Ritchie and Goodrow but instead veered off to tie up David Krejci instead. He wanted no part of Ritchie. Cernak is a huge fraud. Only tough guy he has fought in the NHL was Wilson, and Wilson destroyed him.

also, just to be clear, I loved that game and I'm not complaining. Those things just bothered me. Especially after reading everyone applaud the Lightning for adding toughness this season.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

You do realize Those Dead Things have beat the B's
2/3 and until the last game 4 straight. Until that game
TB had beaten the Dead Things at least 15 straight games.

Think you should be using something like Boston
has deeper goaltending or even Stamkos's
injury will render Bolts PP weaker than B's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad