Post-Game Talk: Game 69 - One thing is clear, these teams now HATE each other - TBL 5 BRUINS 3 F

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I know the Bruins lost the game but I loved it anyway- 2 outstanding teams going full tilt against one another and generating plenty of hate along the way. The only way it could have been better is if the Bruins had won.
I loved last night's game. Sure, I would have loved the win, too, but darn, how can anyone say they were not proud of our team standing up for themselves and each other last night? Old time hockey. Win or lose, this is the team I want to see more of, especially in the playoffs. Full of life and passion. The scoring will come.

Rask did not have a good night, however, it happens and I am just chalking it up to a rough night for him. Halak had a similar start last week, and the B's eventually settled down and came back to win. Plus our defense was without Carlo- that is huge and I hope he's doing ok and won't be out for long.

I know Moore had some rough spots last night, but to me, that's to be expected when you don't play often. He was a bit rusty, but had some good moments last night, too.

So, I will take the loss and just say it was still a great game to me. Just seeing the guys stand up for themselves against some dirty goons sends a positive message to other teams in the future and playoffs- mess with one of our own, expect to pay the price for it.

I so hope someone gets Maroon for acting like a despicable jerk, slapping Chara on the jaw at the end of their fight. Jerk. I cussed and swore at the TV like you wouldn't believe, when I saw him do that. What a punk.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I loved last night's game. Sure, I would have loved the win, too, but darn, how can anyone say they were not proud of our team standing up for themselves and each other last night? Old time hockey. Win or lose, this is the team I want to see more of, especially in the playoffs. Full of life and passion. The scoring will come.

Rask did not have a good night, however, it happens and I am just chalking it up to a rough night for him. Halak had a similar start last week, and the B's eventually settled down and came back to win. Plus our defense was without Carlo- that is huge and I hope he's doing ok and won't be out for long.

I know Moore had some rough spots last night, but to me, that's to be expected when you don't play often. He was a bit rusty, but had some good moments last night, too.

So, I will take the loss and just say it was still a great game to me. Just seeing the guys stand up for themselves against some dirty goons sends a positive message to other teams in the future and playoffs- mess with one of our own, expect to pay the price for it.

I so hope someone gets Maroon for acting like a despicable jerk, slapping Chara on the jaw at the end of their fight. Jerk. I cussed and swore at the TV like you wouldn't believe, when I saw him do that. What a punk.
'

If the refs had control from the beginning of the nonsense I think the result would've been a Bruins comeback win. Cirelli should've been thrown out for jumping Chara from behind and the extra penalty to Marchand was crap too. He got mugged by 4 Lightning players and he got the extra 2 minutes. NHL "officiating" is a misnomer.
I also have to say that I was a bit afraid that Marchand was going to go off and hit a ref or linesman. He was over the top pissed off (not that I blame him).

Last edited:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
'

If the refs had control from the beginning of the nonsense I think the result would've been a Bruins comeback win. Cirelli should've been thrown out for jumping Chara from behind and the extra penalty to Marchand was crap too. He got mugged by 4 Lightning players and he got the extra 2 minutes. NHL "officiating" is a misnomer.
Thank you for reminding me- I cursed and swore when Marchand was decked by four Tampa players. That's why I was so proud of the guys coming in and grabbing those scrubs and taking them on. It seems like Marchand is taking a lot of abuse these last couple of months- some refs do call it, while others turn a blind eye. So frustrating.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Maroon is as pathetic as they come.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls

member 96824

Disagree. The "game changing moment" came in the 1st period when, in a moment on the f****ing PP they gave up 2 TWO short handed goals. Marchand was mugged by 4 Lightning players. How he gets blamed for a game changing moment is bullshit.

You’re thinking of a different penalty. I’m talking about the slashing at the end of P2, after the period was over, which negated the rest of our PP and put us on the kill.

Not blaming Marchand for the loss, just saying that they were laying on the train tracks and the B’s momentum train was coming fast until that moment. Did you feel that goal to go up 4-2 wasn’t a momentum shift for TB?

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You’re thinking of a different penalty. I’m talking about the slashing at the end of P2, after the period was over, which negated the rest of our PP and put us on the kill.

Not blaming Marchand for the loss, just saying that they were laying on the train tracks and the B’s momentum train was coming fast until that moment. Did you feel that goal to go up 4-2 wasn’t a momentum shift for TB?
Okay, I wasn't thinking of that one... He's definitely a marked man. Anything he does is magnified into a high crime. Honestly I was afraid that he was gonna pop a ref and get a 30 game suspension.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

I more than liked your post

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bs need to figure out how to deal with the type of goonery as seen in the Blues series and the type of stuff that went on last night. TB pushed the limits with it's gang attack on Marchy and the BS that went on after the whistle on several occasions that led to skirmishes. In a world of competence the refs would deal with it and minimize it by enacting proper punishments to the offending team. Instead, it seems like the aggressor team is rewarded by the refs by a) having things evened up simply because the other team tries to defend itself , or b) nothing at all is called on the offending player(s). The fact that DoPS is a frickin clown show run by the clown-in-chief doesn't help things either.

My feeling is that the Bs need to just go into berserker mode when crap is started since they are going to get a matching penalty anyway. Hurt the players who start crap and give them something to think about. Another response that may be useful is to do unto others what they have done to you. If TB wants to send 3 or 4 players on a seek and destroy mission at a Bs star, fine. Do the same thing to a TB star at some point in the game in retaliation. This stuff of walking a tightrope and not fully responding is not optimal. I definitely do not want to see a repeat of last season's SCF where a team with inferior talent upset the Bs by way of shenanigans that made enough difference to tilt the series. It's great the Bs have evolved to the point this season that they now defend each other. They need to take another step, especially the non-skill players.

I've somewhat reluctantly come to the same conclusion. With the way the league is officiated simply reacting to what other teams do and sticking up for each other isn't enough. It shouldn't be that way but it is. So the Bruins have to accept the reality of things as they are and not as they should be and act accordingly. As you say, in games against teams that want to play rough, hit first where possible and hit hard and if an opponent is running your guys then run theirs right back. It has to be that way or we risk coming out on the losing end of any such series again for that reason alone, let alone any others.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
'

I also have to say that I was a bit afraid that Marchand was going to go off and hit a ref or linesman. He was over the top pissed off (not that I blame him).
The Marchand thing in the corner reminded me. Sanderson vs Rangers. Rangers wanted Derek bad. And didn't he end up playing for the Ranger?

aguineapig

The Marchand thing in the corner reminded me. Sanderson vs Rangers. Rangers wanted Derek bad. And didn't he end up playing for the Ranger?

Derek was vilified in New York and the MSG crowds wanted him drawn and quartered. But when he came back to B's from WHA he was not the same Niagra kid.
His demons had taken control of his life and was a major disruption to the locker room. Taz rumor had it went after him and he was on the next Greyhound out of town.
B's got Walt McKechnie from Seals, Derek went to Rangers for Jim Nielson. Derek's decline was far from over. Thankfully he hit bottom and returned. Bobby was there for him as always. The greatest player was also the greatest teammate and friend.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Fun game and pretty glad they made a game of it after going down 3-0. However, not very encouraging considering that they were without McDonough, Hedman and Stamkos. It's weird that Tampa is tougher than us an instigating against us. I miss being the bully but atleast we don't cave in. Also it's good to have some reality checks before the playoffs, just ask TB last year.

Reactions: Strafer

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Anyone know what our record is with Moore in the lineup? We can’t be more than a few games above 500. Bring on Clifton with Grizz and move up Lauzon with Krug ,till Carlo is back.
I’m not defending Moore but the guy hasn’t played a game in weeks and he is thrown in against one of the top teams in the league
That’s allot to ask of any player

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone know what our record is with Moore in the lineup? We can’t be more than a few games above 500. Bring on Clifton with Grizz and move up Lauzon with Krug ,till Carlo is back.

I thought this was a no brainer when Carlo got hurt.
But Cassidy put that stiff Moore in there. Not only that, but he played more minutes than Lauzon

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Moore is a guy who just isn't very good. He's a good soldier and doesn't complain, but yeah, just not very good.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Moore is a guy who just isn't very good. He's a good soldier and doesn't complain, but yeah, just not very good.

I usually agree with you but in this case I think that you're being a bit unfair.
Moore hasn't played in too long and then he's thrown in against these guys who
were hungry for Bruin blood. He was a sheep against wolves Saturday night.
I put it on Butch. I don't know what Cliftons status was but if I have two guys who
were equally healthy I take the tougher to play against guy. Again, no idea if Clifton was
ready. Moore is a big finesse guy but his timing and positioning were off. You can't get
that state of readiness in practice no matter how hard the practice session.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad