Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - Nobody expected this - BRUINS 7 Sabres 0

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Cool story:

I ordered a ‘74-‘75 era Orr jersey a couple of months ago, and it should be arriving any day now. It would be the coolest thing ever if it arrived on his birthday.

View attachment 672457

I picked this one because this is what he wore in Boston in my lifetime (born Sept. ‘74).

I really hope it comes tomorrow, and also hope they don’t send me a Maple Leafs jersey by mistake!!!

(Some of you will get the joke)
I got it. Great reference. For those who may not have seen it:

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
It was terrible to watch how little Matty Grizz got manhandled by the monster-sized Thompson line.
I really had to laugh when he smoked some Sabre there today. Second game in a row he's laid the wood to someone.

Not sure if someone got in his ear or what.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Loved the first goal. Even the first line put the puck in deep, retrieved, and 15 seconds in, 1-0 and never looked back.

Hathaway brings many things the team needs; him scoring is a bonus.

The PP is getting out of its funk; Lindholm quarterbacking the top unit works.

Typically teams don't rotate goalies come playoffs. But how do you not get Swayman in there?

Loved the organ at the Buffalo arena. Heard some Twisted Sister and U2 like I've never heard before.

Also dug the pizza and wings victory celebration. Chara got very particular about his diet toward the end of his career; and I've heard MacKinnon in Colorado forbids 'junk' food.

But the carbs and calories are a non-issue with the work they put in. Obviously it's more of a treat than an every day meal, but it's great seeing the team having fun and enjoying themselves.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Loved the first goal. Even the first line put the puck in deep, retrieved, and 15 seconds in, 1-0 and never looked back.

Typically teams don't rotate goalies come playoffs. But how do you not get Swayman in there?

Loved the organ at the Buffalo arena. Heard some Twisted Sister and U2 like I've never heard before.

Also dug the pizza and wings victory celebration. Chara got very particular about his diet toward the end of his career; and I've heard MacKinnon in Colorado forbids 'junk' food.

But the carbs and calories are a non-issue with the work they put in. Obviously it's more of a treat than an every day meal, but it's great seeing the team having fun and enjoying themselves.
@Kovi said they were playing Sunday Bloody Sunday at the end of the game (or just after). Seems appropriate.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
@Kovi said they were playing Sunday Bloody Sunday at the end of the game (or just after). Seems appropriate.
You, too? ;)

Yep, I caught Sunday Bloody Sunday and it definitely fit the situation for Buffalo. I also caught We're Not Gonna Take It and it took me a second to figure it out. Just wasn't used to hearing it on organ!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I wonder about that too. Both Sway and Ullmark have such little playoff experience, so it is a nice luxury to have two competent goalies going in.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Being an old timer I haven't seen a team as good as this one since the 1970-71 season and we all know how that ended. However I think this team is better prepared, better trained and won't underestimate the opponent come playoff time. Sure it it's a different season again but I like this team and the chances of winning. It will be one hell of battle. Go Bruins

aguineapig

Being an old timer I haven't seen a team as good as this one since the 1970-71 season and we all know how that ended. However I think this team is better prepared, better trained and won't underestimate the opponent come playoff time. Sure it it's a different season again but I like this team and the chances of winning. It will be one hell of battle. Go Bruins
Difference being Pepe' is we got two Dryden's on our side this time!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Morning Bru says Foligno is healing nicely but no other details.

Talked a lot about Charlie Coyle and how he stepped up after the team meetings and is playing his best hockey period. Said he needs to keep that shooting mentality and that he has the second best shot on the team behind Zacha.

They think Lauko will stay up and said he and Little Z deserve to be in the rotation to keep them both fresh just in case.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Devils and Canes are the teams that scare me.

Devils don't have the D and tending to beat NYR. Hamilton, Graves and if he plays
Bahl will get exposed defensively and that goaltending isn't winning 4 games against the NYR. They have a good top 9 but it isn't getting it done against the Rangers.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

That Boston team ran up their record against 8 of 14 teams that were literally in existence 4 years or less, so this Bruins team is more impressive.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Morning Bru says Foligno is healing nicely but no other details.

Talked a lot about Charlie Coyle and how he stepped up after the team meetings and is playing his best hockey period. Said he needs to keep that shooting mentality and that he has the second best shot on the team behind Zacha.

They think Lauko will stay up and said he and Little Z deserve to be in the rotation to keep them both fresh just in case.

was a good episode. If I had to rank shots I go

Pasta
Zacha
ORLOV
and then the conversation for 4 can start.

I actually think for me #4 might be Taylor Hall. He just doesn't use it (not that unlike Charlie). I'd love to see him wind up that cannon more often.

When he's being forced into a top line role his shot is yikes. He's just not been asked to do that here. Some of these releases are coooo. 3:25 is that Zacha-Sauce.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Could they start both goalies in the playoffs on purpose, or na?

If you start Linus and he has some stinkers, and then you bring in Sway, that's obviously going to create some weird. If you tell them before game 1 "we plan to deploy you both at various points" you basically totally diffuse any issues. If Linus has 3 incredible games, great, he can close out the series. If he has 2 good games and a so-so one, Swayman can come in for a spot start.

I don't I'd do it personally. But it's interesting to at least consider.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad