Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - Nobody expected this - BRUINS 7 Sabres 0

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It's crazy to me that the Sabres just can't seem to figure out how to win. It's not for lack of spending or effort. They have talent they just can't seem to put it all together. They've been on the cusp for what seems like ages. Maybe next year

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have nothing planned. I had no idea it was his birthday until today haha
Cool story:

I ordered a ‘74-‘75 era Orr jersey a couple of months ago, and it should be arriving any day now. It would be the coolest thing ever if it arrived on his birthday.

1679274366049.jpeg

I picked this one because this is what he wore in Boston in my lifetime (born Sept. ‘74).

I really hope it comes tomorrow, and also hope they don’t send me a Maple Leafs jersey by mistake!!!

(Some of you will get the joke)

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Cool story:

I ordered a ‘74-‘75 era Orr jersey a couple of months ago, and it should be arriving any day now. It would be the coolest thing ever if it arrived on his birthday.

View attachment 672457

I picked this one because this is what he wore in Boston in my lifetime (born Sept. ‘74).

I really hope it comes tomorrow, and also hope they don’t send me a Maple Leafs jersey by mistake!!!

(Some of you will get the joke)
Also, hopefully, it's not a Blackhawk jersey.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Just watched the recap and had completely forgot that we had a goal called back (correct call) and also hit two posts. Could have been worse than 7-0.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Ullmark: "Do you want blue cheese?"

Sway: "no"

We still had Czechmix tho b/c Little Z is Czech :) One Czech in, one Czech out (so what if they play different posi

Pizza and wings, hope there's a 30-pack of Bud Light sitting in the middle of the locker room. I enjoy the postgame locker room scenes on BTB, the handing out of the game puck, is lot like my adult league days.
I wonder who got the game puck ......Maybe Pizza Delivery Man and Sway....?

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
there are alot of good teams.
add tampa leafs and rangers too.
they are all good.
The EAST is a true BEAST this season. They've dominated the WEST so far this season.
That the BRUINS have played more games against the BEAST than the WEST makes their points total even more amazing.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
there are alot of good teams.
add tampa leafs and rangers too.
they are all good.
There are a bunch of good teams but the two that scare me are the Devils and Canes. Leafs have a lot of depth now to but that goaltending still has a big ? on it

Never want anybody to get injured on any squad (except maybe a Matt Cooke here and there), but Svech going down to ACL surgery would at least make the Canes less physically scary. That Lindholm hit last year in game 1 was instrumental in the series.
That's a really big injury for them. Similar to us losing Lindholm. Well maybe not that level but still significant. It does shocked me they did pretty much nothing at the deadline. Although, sticking with your core isn't all bad

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Wow.....that looks like a record for Bruins fans at an opposing arena...lol
By the 10 minute mark of the 3rd most Sabres fans cleared out. This was as close to a home game as I have ever experienced (I have only been to a B’s game at the Garden once).

By the end of the game it was a sea of black and gold leaving the arena chanting Let’s Go Bruins. Just awesome. Plus it was the first time my whole family (wife and kids) attended a game together.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Resting a couple very key players

Hall and Foligno out

The TOI balance from the forwards AND the defense

7-0 result with Ullmark and Carlo feeding pizza and wings to Swayman during his post game. This team is just so damn fun. Save for the cup run which honestly was agonizing at times, this has to be the Most fun I’ve ever had watching hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad