Post-Game Talk: GAME 69 - Nobody expected this - BRUINS 7 Sabres 0

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Thought Zboril had a solid game for barely having played in the past few months. Gotta be tough for him sitting in the stands watching the team have so much success, wondering if he'll ever get in the lineup again. With Forbert out, hopefully they can get him in for a solid stretch of games and get him some playing time. As we all know too well, injuries can and do happen in the playoffs and, if it comes to it, I'd rather they have the option of putting in a Zboril who's had some recent game action and is feeling confident about his game than a Zboril who's barely played more NHL games than I have in the new year.

Lauko continues to impress. He's really making a case for staying in the lineup even once they get healthy. Some tough lineup decisions ahead for the playoffs. Good problem to have.

Seems odd to say in a 7-0 game but Swayman was phenomenal. He's really dialed in right now. Lots of teams out there with question marks in net and the Bruins get to roll out two goalies in the top-5 for GAA and SV% every night!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monday, March 20

- No scheduled practice or media availability

Tuesday, March 21 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5) (TD Garden)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Wednesday, March 22 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Thursday, March 23 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5) (TD Garden)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Friday, March 24 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Th Globe:

Nice transition for Zboril​

Jakub Zboril, filling in for Orlov, logged 18:34, only four seconds fewer than partner Connor Clifton. Other than one awkward tumble, he had an assists, looked comfortable and fit in well with the backline six pack.

“I thought he was excellent,” lauded Montgomery. “I thought he played really well. He looked like he was excited to be back out there, which you would expect, but he played with confidence — very assertive offensively and defensively.”

Zboril had played in only two games (Feb. 23 and Jan. 7) since suiting up against the Panthers the night before Thanksgiving. He moved one rung up the ladder on the depth chart last week when Derek Forbortwas felled by a shot in Winnipeg.

The Bruins are expected to offer an update on Forbort Tuesday morning. Orlov is due back in the lineup that night, which could mean Zboril is back filling the silent man No. 7 spot.

“Just practice hard, and try to do the right things in practice,” said Zboril, explaining how he tries to remain sharp while on the taxi squad. “When the chance comes, be ready for it.”

The challenge to be ready is greater “mentally, for sure” than it is physically, noted Zboril, when asked more specifics about the challenge. “You know, skating … you get in different positions in the game, on the ice ... but I thought I showed I can still do it. I thought I had a good game.”

Zboril’s only other point this season came here, his game-winning goal vs. the Sabres on Nov. 12, before he was placed in double-secret hibernation.

Swayman goes back to back​

Jeremy Swayman became the first Boston goaltender to post back-to-back shutouts in over a decade.

Both Tuukka Rask and Tim Thomas each delivered consecutive no-nos in the 2011-12 season.

“Special, I haven’t done that before,” said Swayman, who improved to 18-6-4. “Quick memory [now]. Forget about it as soon as I leave the locker room, put myself in a position to perform next game. Again, it wouldn’t be possible without the guys taking the initiative in the defensive zone, blocking big shots, all the way to end.”

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Congrats to the Bruins on a comeback "series" win. Wanna confirm, was that a road game?

View attachment 672265

View attachment 672266
The Canadian National Anthem was sung, there were a ton of BRUINS' fans attending, and one team never showed up, so I really don't know where the game was played.

If every game was like today it wouldn’t bother me one bit.
It's unfortunate the BRUINS won't face Buffalo in the 1st round of the PO's.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Complete domination. The place was a sea of black and gold. Coming into Buffalo the Peace Bridge border officer couldn't believe the number of bruin fans crossing the border.

Loved every minute of this game. Good beer and pizza. Sabres will get better (so young).

The hug was fantastic!

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Was it a caravan?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20221024_165633.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor