Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - Krug wins it in OT - BRUINS 2 Sunrise 1 F/OT

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
kind of shocked how few here seem to be unbothered by the non-existent response to the Dadonov elbow here

I understand it at the time it happened as it was sneaky and likely nobody really saw it but you can`t tell me between periods everyone still in the dark about the elbow

Disappointing to be honest

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
kind of shocked how few here seem to be unbothered by the non-existent response to the Dadonov elbow here

I understand it at the time it happened as it was sneaky and likely nobody really saw it but you can`t tell me between periods everyone still in the dark about the elbow

They get another shot this year at making Dadanov,
Deadanov.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I agree. They should have taken some big runs at the guy, honestly.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Maybe if you wore gloves you could?

Oven mitts.

Oh, and bring cookies.

fred-friends-bear-hands-oven-mitt-set-of-2.jpg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Different situation, I don't care what anyone says Dadonov knew what he was doing.
Different situation, but the original post said intent doesnt matter, which is why I brought up Boychuk because it absolutely does matter.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Bergy with a sneaky 30 goal season! Man this guy is so under appreciated across the league.
He better win the selke this year!
30 goals, team has the lowest GAA in the league, 1st place overall, give him the selke! Hopefully the playoff MVP as well
All good points on Bergeron. However, as good as B+ergeron's been, Coutourier has probably got to be the leader for the Selke at this point, and if Coutourier wins it, I won't even feel like Bergy got snubbed, as I have in some past years.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Completely disagree that there was any intent behind it. He was trying to toe drag the puck which pushed his elbow back - if you stand up right now and try the same motion, there is no way you can do it where he was on the ice without getting your elbow back. It's a frustrating play and should've been 4 minutes IMO regardless of intent, but I would be surprised if there was any incoming discipline.
I completely agree it was the result of his attempt to play the puck and not some dirty, intentional cheapshot. But 4 minutes isn't an option there. As I have said earlier, the only explanation I can see is that the review official concluded that it was a result of the play on the puck, and thus reduced it to the minor. Would be nice if the league would offer some sort of explanation.

I think something that's gotten lost in all of this is how it seems the officials decided the call on the ice was a major, simply so it COULD be reviewed. They seemed to fall back on the technology, rather than make a call they might have to defend. Yet another unintended consequence of video review.

Reactions: NiftyWasNasty

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I agree I didn't see any intent there either.

Speaking of which, Jack Edwards sounded like a complete you-know-what last night, went on and on over the elbow. Like give it a rest Jack. I've always tolerated Edwards, but he's been on a different level of annoying this year.
I had the same reaction to Jack last night. I've typically supported him but I think he was far too over the top last night.

Reactions: BruinDust

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You're entitled to your opinion, but I am going to ask
a very simple question. Have you ever seen a player
look directly behind them on a closing player then
immediately plant an elbow directly in their face
while trying to attempt a toe drag on someone
literally on their back?

Most F of Dadanov's skill are imminently capable of
misdirecting like Marchand or making a simple
bank pass off the boards to the point.

Further, players don't "toe drag" in those circumstances.
The vast and I mean vast majority of toe drags occur
with players facing each other. That "toe drag" was nothing more than part of a sneaky, dirty elbow.
I think you're wrong on a lot of this, but that's my opinion as well. I think he looked up ice to where his teammate (Barkov?) was, and tried to pull the puck past him up to his teammate. You latching on to the strict interpretation of what a "toe drag" is ignores that Dadonov was in fact making a play on the puck in tight, which would necessarily mean his elbow would come up on the follow through.

Reactions: NiftyWasNasty

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I had the same reaction to Jack last night. I've typically supported him but I think he was far too over the top last night.

If it was some truly egregious play, something viciously dirty, than I can tolerate him bringing it up over and over. But that elbow last night, even if it was intentional, didn't warrant him referencing it multiple times for the rest of the game.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
If it was some truly egregious play, something viciously dirty, than I can tolerate him bringing it up over and over. But that elbow last night, even if it was intentional, didn't warrant him referencing it multiple times for the rest of the game.
I really wonder if Jack will be back when his contract is up. I see a lot of posters who have had it with him. Maybe time for some new blood...Maybe get Goucher out of Vegas?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Completely disagree that there was any intent behind it. He was trying to toe drag the puck which pushed his elbow back - if you stand up right now and try the same motion, there is no way you can do it where he was on the ice without getting your elbow back. It's a frustrating play and should've been 4 minutes IMO regardless of intent, but I would be surprised if there was any incoming discipline.

I was angry last night, but I re-watched it this morning, and did the same motion as Dadonov, and your elbow does naturally go up. Maybe Dadonov was a little more forceful in his movement.

I think the one problem with the penalty last night is that they called it wrong, or at least not by the rulebook. The actual rule has been thrown around a bunch, but here's what it is:

45.1Elbowing - Elbowing shall mean the use of an extended elbow in a manner that may or may not cause injury.
45.2Minor Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a minor penalty, based on the degree of violence, to a player or goalkeeper guilty of elbowing an opponent.
45.3Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who used his elbow to foul an opponent. A major penalty must be imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent (see 45.5).
45.4Match Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgement, the player or goalkeeper attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent by elbowing.
45.5Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct penalty shall also be imposed.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Based on Carlo's injury, the only possible calls should have either been no penalty or a major penalty with a game misconduct. I have a bigger issue with the refereeing than the actual act.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I really wonder if Jack will be back when his contract is up. I see a lot of posters who have had it with him. Maybe time for some new blood...Maybe get Goucher out of Vegas?

Up to this year, he really didn't bother me, but this year he's just been obnoxious.

Maybe I'm just getting older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad