Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - Krug wins it in OT - BRUINS 2 Sunrise 1 F/OT

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
I agree I didn't see any intent there either.

Speaking of which, Jack Edwards sounded like a complete you-know-what last night, went on and on over the elbow. Like give it a rest Jack. I've always tolerated Edwards, but he's been on a different level of annoying this year.

Completely disagree about last night. That was a remarkably quick witted statement by Edwards when Dadanov's stick broke in OT.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Completely disagree that there was any intent behind it. He was trying to toe drag the puck which pushed his elbow back - if you stand up right now and try the same motion, there is no way you can do it where he was on the ice without getting your elbow back. It's a frustrating play and should've been 4 minutes IMO regardless of intent, but I would be surprised if there was any incoming discipline.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I am going to ask
a very simple question. Have you ever seen a player
look directly behind them on a closing player then
immediately plant an elbow directly in their face
while trying to attempt a toe drag on someone
literally on their back?

Most F of Dadanov's skill are imminently capable of
misdirecting like Marchand or making a simple
bank pass off the boards to the point.

Further, players don't "toe drag" in those circumstances.
The vast and I mean vast majority of toe drags occur
with players facing each other. That "toe drag" was nothing more than part of a sneaky, dirty elbow.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agreed he should, and he got a penalty for it, just like you would for an intentional high stick - you would never get a suspension for an intentional high stick just because the guy is injured.

An intentional high stick? You would.

Did you mean unintentional?

Giving two minutes for that elbow literally is against the rules the officials allegedly know.

Reactions: nORRis8

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I honestly thought the initial call was too severe right after the play. But I wasn't seeing the play from ice level. The ice level ref saw it well and made the correct call. It wasn't until they showed the replays that I realized what happened, then got pissed as hell. The on-ice call was spot-on. The replay system is broken on so many levels. How the hell the refs can overturn that call last night after seeing it on video review is inexplicable. The rulebook clearly outlines things, yet the refs actually went away from the rulebook after getting a look on video review. Amazing. And this has happened quite a bit in non-Bruins games I've watched as well, where they somehow butcher things more after doing the video review. This sustained level of incompetence over the years is unacceptable and needs to be changed.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If you hit someone with your car and injure them the law is that you are supposed to have full control of your vehicle. Intent isn't really as big an issue as the result. He did look over his shoulder, he did knock Carlo out of the game and maybe even more. He should've gotten his ass kicked asap after. That didn't happen and if he isn't suspended it sets a precedent and proves that the NHL is full of shit in regards to protecting players from head-shots. If it were a Bruin who commited that foul he'd be suspended, no two ways about it. Double standards are a poor way to govern and IMO Jacobs should get involved as this seems to be a continuing trend.
For sure if that was Marchand or Chara that hit say Ekblad , they would have been tossed from the game, TSN, CBC and Sportsnet in Canada here would have played it a 1000 times and all we would hear about is how dirty the Bruins are, because they are upset their darling Leafs and habs suck big time against us.

Reactions: Strafer and lopey

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
DOPS won't do a thing with Dadanov. If they deemed the hit on Rask against Columbus as accidental, they will use that same flawed logic here. It is bullshit. Kane is right, the league needs a 3 man panel of outside people to decide what warrants a suspension, not one man who has biased opinions.
They may do something simply because it favours the Leafs for the Panthers to lose Dadonov for a couple games.

Reactions: Strafer and Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->