Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - Krug wins it in OT - BRUINS 2 Sunrise 1 F/OT

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Our feed on NHL app ends immediately after the game, what are they saying? I still don’t think it was a “blown” call. It was enough of a follow through from the play on the puck that reducing it to a minor was appropriate. Penalty, yes. Major? No. Obvious cheap shot like so many here are calling it? Also no.
Well, the bright side is that it ended up going to overtime and hurting Toronto instead of being a blowout with multiple goals on a major power play :laugh:

rank

Mar 2, 2020
It’s like blizzaro world. When I saw it live, I thought it warranted a minor, but after seeing the replay, I thought double minor at the least.

What could the refs have seen on replay that made them think the opposite?
To answer your Q, The difference here is he was making a play on the puck. Usually a hit to the head comes on a body check. I won’t be surprised if the league gives him a one game suspension. It could go either way.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
85147007_2670047416436210_3206675587384999936_o.png

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Our feed on NHL app ends immediately after the game, what are they saying? I still don’t think it was a “blown” call. It was enough of a follow through from the play on the puck that reducing it to a minor was appropriate. Penalty, yes. Major? No. Obvious cheap shot like so many here are calling it? Also no.

Elbow resulting in injury to head/face "must" be called a major penalty.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
To answer your Q, The difference here is he was making a play on the puck. Usually a hit to the head comes on a body check. I won’t be surprised if the league gives him a one game suspension. It could go either way.

Also, its a blind hit. His back is to Carlo. Yes, he checked to see where Carlo was. But he wasn't looking at him when he threw the elbow. Howe, Messier, Cashman like.

Reactions: rank

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

Nesn was saying the rule book says that a major must be given for an elbow with contact to the head causing injury.
Interesting....

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Carlo got hit in the head. He’s hurt. Was is 100% intentional? I don’t think so. Carlo ducted in their pretty low trying to retrieve the puck.

I hope he is okay but I’m good with the call - even after several looks at it.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad