Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - B's wake up with 10 minutes left and score 5 goals - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 4 FINAL

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
At 4-1 I kept saying just start with one.
Then one goes in.
Then my grounded son comes out of his bed room and I say “sit down and watch why you never give up”
Then number two go’s in the back of the net.
Then I say one goal at a time.
Then number 3 goes in and me and the boy keep the celebrations going.
Then the over the glass happens and me and the boy look at each other with a glow because we knew it was time to take the lead.
Woooooo thanx for the life lessons for my boy Boston Bruins....

personally i think that's worthy of an ungrounding.

Reactions: Btown and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I just remembered Bergeron's four goal game was against the Hurricanes. Two hat tricks against them this year. :laugh:

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Granted it was ages ago, gotta be close to ten years now, but when i was there the arena was a madhouse and the tailgating scene was such a great time. The Canes wiped the ice clean with the Bruins that night and my friends and i stayed late in the parking lot after the game with the locals. You’d think there would be a lot of harsh words thrown out way, but it was the total opposite. Lots of food and drink offers.

I think it’s just that their team hasn’t been all that great. No city is immune to it.

and i actually think that's what Williams was saying, rather than simply lamenting the lack of support. the way i interpreted it was that he was saying it's their own fault because they haven't been good enough, and the result is thousands of Bruins fans in their home arena.

btw watching the reactions of the Bruins fans, especially the guy after Gryz's goal with the Bud Light aluminum can who looked like he had no doubts that they would come back, was seriously entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Side note to anyone with dogs

If your dog digs in the yard a lot, guess what, you're not walking them enough! It's not cute, it's not typical dog behavior, you're depriving them of stimulation so they dig relentlessly to cure the boredom
My boys don’t dig in the yard, but they love digging and rolling in the snow. They’re outside right now playing like mad.

Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great win need games like these to have any shot at catching Tampa.

Last night shows why you can't mess with Grizz and got to stick with him. He definitely has a chance to turn into an elite top 10 offensive NHL D man in a couple years. And hes already very good in that regard and a little better than Krug defensively.

Reactions: Strafer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins fell way behind last night, then roared back - The Boston Globe

RALEIGH, N.C. — After hibernating in the second period and giving up three goals, then falling behind by 4-1 at the start of the third, the Bruins woke up with a roar in the third period by rattling off five consecutive goals for a 6-4 victory over the Hurricanes at PNC Arena.

David Pastrnak, camped in his familiar left circle spot, hammered home the winner with a power-play goal at 16:30, breaking a 4-4 tie. He then followed with his third goal in the period — a natural hat trick — with an empty-net goal with 1:34 remaining in regulation.

“Just with this team it seems like we are never out of a game,” said Brad Marchand. “The character in the room, it has come through all year long. You just kind of feel it on the bench, when we get a goal. We just kind of take over, and that is what happened again.”

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm still in absolute disbelief this morning. Down 4-1 after giving up a quick SHG to start the 3rd, then you lose Krug, DeBrusk & Chara within minutes of each other and you're already missing your #1C and your #1B d-man....with all that the team steps up and scores 5 unanswered goals for a win.

Those are games that build character and show you a teams identity. For as many times as they've come back this season to wins games, you know the rest of the NHL is taking notice. You can't afford to let up for even a shift against this team because if they get any type of momentum going, they're going to make you pay for it.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
I'm still in absolute disbelief this morning. Down 4-1 after giving up a quick SHG to start the 3rd, then you lose Krug, DeBrusk & Chara within minutes of each other and you're already missing your #1C and your #1B d-man....with all that the team steps up and scores 5 unanswered goals for a win.

Those are games that build character and show you a teams identity. For as many times as they've come back this season to wins games, you know the rest of the NHL is taking notice. You can't afford to let up for even a shift against this team because if they get any type of momentum going, they're going to make you pay for it.

Totally agree - nice to have a few wins like this in the mental bank for when the going gets tough in the playoffs.

This really could be one we look back on as a very important / telling victory.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Didn't have an issue with Rask in the highlights and box, seems like he did his job. D continues to give the other team better positioning in the blue paint. I'm not sure that's gonna change a ton with Bergy and Charlie tbh. At this point I'm not sure what to make of it, but win's a win.

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
I don't know who writes TheDon Sweeney twitter account but he is hilarious
The DonSweeney has the gm ever won the bruins 7th player award?
Asking for a friend

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm glad we won and that was f***ing awesome but these injuries are starting to freak me out.

We already had a blown playoffs due to injuries last year and we got decimated earlier in the season. Can't we catch a break???

Man I hope we catch Tampa. I'd so much rather play NJ, CBJ, Florida or Philly than Toronto. especially if were waiting on a fee guys to get to 100%

Reactions: TCL40 and Fenway

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Its a great win. Hopefully we get healthy for the playoffs. Dont bust ass trying to get that number 1 seed. number 2 in the division is just as good. If we are healthy we beat Toronto easily.

Our defense and penalty killing has to get its act together tho.
Especially the PK. We are giving teams way too much space above the faceoff circles lately. This is def where we miss Bergeron.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad