Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - B's wake up with 10 minutes left and score 5 goals - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 4 FINAL

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Just saw the highlights, sad to have missed that! Any of you turn it off at 4-1?
Oddly enough i had to work late and only just turned it on with 11 minutes left and Chara going down the tunnel. I was thinking I guess this game is over but then I remembered a certain other game I had watched before and thought hey you never know.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Couple of thoughts from tonight’s game...

1. This game is the microcosm of David Pastrnak. The good: the hat trick and that INSANE snipe for our 3rd goal. The bad: That brutal turnover on the blue line that led to Carolina’s 4th goal.

2. No idea how Krejci got away with carrying the puck in his hand to lead to the Heinen goal. Carolina had a legit beef on that non call. I’m sure their board’s “Referee Conpiracy Theorists” are having a field day with that one.

Ours seem to be conspicuously absent tonight......
I don’t generally believe in a league conspiracy against the Bruins.

I do believe the refs are inconsistent and often incompetent. Sometimes you benefit from the incompetence and sometimes you don’t. Shoot often both teams in the same game get smacked with the incompetence.

Krejci absolutely got away with one though.

Reactions: lopey and Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was at the game tonight and it was really sad how few canes fans were there. I'm hoping to be able to get to a few more non-Bruins games next year and just support hockey in NC, and the Canes do have some exciting young talent. Was glad to see the come back but watching Justin Williams interview after the game you can't help but feel for the guy. The team deserves more support than it gets.

Granted it was ages ago, gotta be close to ten years now, but when i was there the arena was a madhouse and the tailgating scene was such a great time. The Canes wiped the ice clean with the Bruins that night and my friends and i stayed late in the parking lot after the game with the locals. You’d think there would be a lot of harsh words thrown out way, but it was the total opposite. Lots of food and drink offers.

I think it’s just that their team hasn’t been all that great. No city is immune to it.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
What moxie! Awesome 3rd. Just hope no one's seriously injured...

Did anyone see that kid wearing the Bruins bear head mask with the sign "Any one here who's a Cane Fan, your mother's AHO". Cheeky classic.

9295665_F-4506-45_E0-_A4_BF-97_FCDF00_C8_CD.jpg

Read Bruins lost Chara Krug and DeBrusk.Any updates? N H L gives them this killer schedule every year and injuries pile up.

You called that 2 weeks ago.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This season has certainly been special. Come back wins galore. Hat tricks all over the place. Rookies soaring. Veterans dominating. Injuries a constant test to Sweeney's depth and Cassidy's system. Ridiculous winning streaks, both as a team and individually.

I think we are in for a serious run this playoffs, but even still, this will be a season to remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrive and bbfan419

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I think Cam Ward owes the Russian mafia some money.

He mentally checked out and couldn't get it back. He looked really lost out there.

Frequently, way, way off his line. Crisis of confidence, I guess. When you're a small goalie, doesn't leave much room for really bad positioning. Just hit the open corner.

Good the Bruins never gave up. Impressive. But that 2nd period was one of the worst efforts I've seen this season. Truly standing around.

On one hand, I'm thrilled the Bruins find ways to win...but on the other, I worry bad efforts are being positively reinforced and become habit forming.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I don’t generally believe in a league conspiracy against the Bruins.

I do believe the refs are inconsistent and often incompetent. Sometimes you benefit from the incompetence and sometimes you don’t. Shoot often both teams in the same game get smacked with the incompetence.

Krejci absolutely got away with one though.

They got jobbed by a really smart move. Krejci showed just how much of a risk reward move that is...turned a nothing play into a game changer.

As Brick said, not only did he do it fluently and in stride, using the black hockey pants as camouflage as Jack said, but he forced the officials to make a big call at a critical point. Sometimes they shy away from that...and just like what happened in this case...by the time they realize the play was transformed from standard to deadly, it's over. The call wasn't made. Goal on the board. Too late.

With the refs affinity for calling the Bruins anywhere, anytime, it was gutsy. But he called it. A+ hockey sense.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Gah! Another one for the blood pressure roller coaster. These guys. I was one who was on the verge of shutting it off after that shortie I was so disgusted at the way they were playing. I should have learned by now, but it's hard to undo years of Bruin-related damage to my hope meter :laugh:

:eek:Keep your "hope meter" in your pants!:laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This season has certainly been special. Come back wins galore. Hat tricks all over the place. Rookies soaring. Veterans dominating. Injuries a constant test to Sweeney's depth and Cassidy's system. Ridiculous winning streaks, both as a team and individually.

I think we are in for a serious run this playoffs, but even still, this will be a season to remember.
It certainly has been a season where going to the bathroom might mean coming back to a completely different score and no game is over until the last whistle.

Bruins have found ways to win even when they look terrible-they don’t give up.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I still can't believe they scored 5 goals in less than 9 minutes....it was so much fun!! You can never count them out!! I thought after the 3 went down the tunnel it was pretty dire...but Grizz got the ball rolling and then all hell broke loose! Great lesson for the kids, character building and team building. Please let the injuries be minor. Four points back of Tampa with 2 games in hand.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Whats with Rask recently? Is it his defense or what?

I’m not being sarcastic, but did you watch the game?

1st goal, great shot by Aho (bar down) and through a screen on the PP.

2nd goal, 5 on 3 PP, Staal planted in front of him and Teravainen with a one-time bomb.

3rd goal, Rask should have had. Bleeder.

4th goal, he stops a breakaway, Marchand overskates the rebound and McGinn taps it in.

Could have been much worse than 4-1 with the way the team was playing. Rask gave up four, but actually played very well.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m not being sarcastic, but did you watch the game?

1st goal, great shot by Aho (bar down) and through a screen on the PP.

2nd goal, 5 on 3 PP, Staal planted in front of him and Teravainen with a one-time bomb.

3rd goal, Rask should have had. Bleeder.

4th goal, he stops a breakaway, Marchand overskates the rebound and McGinn taps it in.

Could have been much worse than 4-1 with the way the team was playing. Rask gave up four, but actually played very well.

If it wasn't for Rask's play in the 2nd period (despite allowing goals) that miracle comeback never happens. He kept them in it when they were being assaulted by the Hurricanes in their own zone for pretty much the whole period.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Whats with Rask recently? Is it his defense or what?
Defense mostly imo.
I think team defense has taken a hit with Bergy and McAvoy out.

Also, bruins are losing face offs badly and last nights game shows why winning is important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->