Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - B's wake up with 10 minutes left and score 5 goals - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 4 FINAL

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So much this. It's part of what drove me nuts during his time here. Young offensive minded player makes a mistake, gets benched. Greg Campbell makes same mind numbing mistake over and over, gets more TOI...:laugh:

Exactly, Pasta gets paid cash for the splash. Someone needs to push the other teams dee back and be unpredictable. The dump no chase Claude game plan is one style and safe and easier to play, this is a change for the better. Handling the puck longer in danger areas is going produce problems, he is gambler, get over it and accept him for what he is. He is a factor in most games and our steal of the draft

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What's our GAA over the past, say, dozen games relative to the first 50-55?

37 goals, 3.08 GAA in their last twelve. 34 goals, 3.4 GAA in their last ten. They allowed 142 goals in 58 games before that, which is 2.45 GAA. Our GAA is only 3rd best in the league now, when it used to be the best by a generous margin.

Reactions: sooshii and TCB

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
37 goals, 3.08 GAA in their last twelve. 34 goals, 3.4 GAA in their last ten. They allowed 142 goals in 58 games before that, which is 2.45 GAA. Our GAA is only 3rd best in the league now, when it used to be the best by a generous margin.
Thanks for this - confirms what perhaps has been obvious, we seem to have developed a trend of leaking goals against. Terrifying that it's a full goal against over the last ten.

Reactions: TCL40

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Exactly, Pasta gets paid cash for the splash. Someone needs to push the other teams dee back and be unpredictable. The dump no chase Claude game plan is one style and safe and easier to play, this is a change for the better. Handling the puck longer in danger areas is going produce problems, live with the gambler I say, get over it and accept him for what he is.

The one thing Ive noticed with Pasta this year,is that he's becoming a 200 ft player. He works extremely hard on the back check and more times than not has found himself in the right position defensively.

Playing with the best 200 ft player in the world doesn't hurt and I'd argue Marchand is diffidently top 20, is paying huge dividends and he's only going to get better.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for this - confirms what perhaps has been obvious, we seem to have developed a trend of leaking goals against. Terrifying that it's a full goal against over the last ten.

Missing a perennial Selke candidate and one of your top 2 defensemen, plus all the additional absences --- Backes, Marchand...certainly can't help.

Regardless, they are still, what 7-1 in their last 8?

Reactions: Mione134

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Missing a perennial Selke candidate and one of your top 2 defensemen, plus all the additional absences --- Backes, Marchand...certainly can't help.

Regardless, they are still, what 7-1 in their last 8?

Yup. And 9-3 in their last 12 (the one against Toronto definitely should've at least gone to OT, and the Chicago one wasn't exactly reffed in a stellar manner either, so the only real blemish was the Buffalo game).

Reactions: sarge88

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It certainly has been a season where going to the bathroom might mean coming back to a completely different score and no game is over until the last whistle.

Bruins have found ways to win even when they look terrible-they don’t give up.
And also they are thoroughly in opposing fans' heads. Every game has a thread on the main boards complaining about something. Krejci self pass? Ten pages. Pateryn punching Shaw laying on the ice? 2 pages.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Looking at the two schedules I don't see much chance of catching tbay unless they fold or we beat them pretty good hu which even that is tough due to rest , and other factors in those head to heads . I really believe this team has the depth to overcome defensive injuries but looking at the schedule and add in tiredness I expect a lot of losses the next few weeks . The team also isn't playing like they were , hopefully we are ready to fly playoff time . I look at last night more like a fluke than anything , we played terrible hockey against a team that was on a back to back with travel. I also believe we played bad Saturday, sunday I thought was ok considering no Brad which added to Bergy is a whole lot to overcome . We need D.K to keep going and Rick Nash to get back to where he was . I would say Saturday was his worst game as a bruin and last night wasn't too great either.

Reactions: Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That's when you Know your good!:nod: and yes that play was amazing!;)

It funny.
That play happens so much. Krejci just changed the direction he was skating. He was also motoring.
Even on the winning goal Rick Nash held onto the puck the same amount of time Krejci did. He caught it, dropped it and passed it to Marchand when they were on the power play.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I’m not being sarcastic, but did you watch the game?

1st goal, great shot by Aho (bar down) and through a screen on the PP.

2nd goal, 5 on 3 PP, Staal planted in front of him and Teravainen with a one-time bomb.

3rd goal, Rask should have had. Bleeder.

4th goal, he stops a breakaway, Marchand overskates the rebound and McGinn taps it in.

Could have been much worse than 4-1 with the way the team was playing. Rask gave up four, but actually played very well.

How can I watch the game when I don't live near it and I was working. It seems lately he has had a lot of 3-4 goal games.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
S/T @bobbyorr04
Hey Taaammpa!

iu

P.S. Marc Savard just said the Bruins last night were “scary” and other teams should be put on notice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad