Post-Game Talk: Game 67 - THE BEAR smokes a cigar in Ybor City - BRUINS 2 Lightning 1 F

aguineapig

Reminds me of the playoffs last year when Milbury would not stop harping on how Marcus Johansson was soft and a bust of a deadline acquisition, then he just kept scoring goals
Prosecutor: Mr Milbury did you or did you not on June 23 2001 trade Zdeno Chara, Bill Muckalt AND THE 2ND Overall pick in the draft for Alexei Yashin AND THEN SIGN HIM TO A TEN YEAR CONTRACT THAT YOU HAD TO BUYOUT!
Defense: Objection Your Honor I fail to see what this has to do with my clients Defamation charge versus MR. Ritchie!
Prosecutor: Your Honor I'm trying to establish the witnesses state of mind!
Judge: I see, Objection overruled ! ( slam! The gavel pounds !)
Prosecutor: No Further Questions Your Honor ! ( Has a huge grin on his face.)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don’t see any difference between DB and Bjork. If DB didn’t score last night, we might have said he had a bad game. I watched him all game and he floated quite a bit. He comes up short on engaging a hit or staying with a guy.
Despite his goal and better play, I’d still sit DeBrusk a game and put Bjork back in.

I have to wonder if Bjork is actually playing through a nagging injury as Cassidy has been better about how long he benches guys.

Reactions: BMC and Estlin

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I LOVE that Jake got back on his skates and burried that goal rather than playing for the penalty shot. That shows a great attitude and hunger.

Huge win.
Amazing he was able to recover and get back up with an opponent on his heels in hot pursuit. Kept the puck and raced in to score a sweet goal. That was great and showed the kind of drive you need to win in the playoffs.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bjork has lost Cassidys trust
I don’t think so at all. Between playing double the games he’s played in over 2 years and making some inexcusable mistakes as of late, Bruce is using this time as a teaching moment.

Bjork himself has admitted that he hasn’t played well and that he essentially needed to have a bit of a check.

Reactions: Spooner st

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I be mentioned this earlier, I wonder if a bug is going around the locker room. Seems the team lost some energy in the third. It was drastic where they couldn’t even lift a puck out of the zone. They wouldn’t skate it out. They looked gassed.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I be mentioned this earlier, I wonder if a bug is going around the locker room. Seems the team lost some energy in the third. It was drastic where they couldn’t even lift a puck out of the zone. They wouldn’t skate it out. They looked gassed.
They sure did.

The pace for the first 40 minutes was unsustainable. I fully expect a slower game this weekend due to the physicality that is sure to come.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Despite his goal and better play, I’d still sit DeBrusk a game and put Bjork back in.

I have to wonder if Bjork is actually playing through a nagging injury as Cassidy has been better about how long he benches guys.

Games played is all we need to know about why Bjork has been scratched and his play has been sub-par the past 10 appearances.

2014-15 = 41
2015-16 = 35
2016-17 = 39
2017-18 = 39
2018-19 = 33
2019-20 = 63

He's basically already double his number of GPs from last year, and is already 50% higher than any season since his draft year. He's hit a wall. Blake Wheeler as a rookie here did the same thing. Their physically and mentally not used to the grind of an 82 game season + playoffs. It's a whole new animal for these guys. Doesn't happen to every NCAA bred player but it happens to some.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Seemed like a good "need to win" game; couldn't pay full attention while working on a project. What things stood out for us as opposed to us...beyond the ruled offside on Tampa Bay. That felt like we were due to catch a break that way.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Amazing he was able to recover and get back up with an opponent on his heels in hot pursuit. Kept the puck and raced in to score a sweet goal. That was great and showed the kind of drive you need to win in the playoffs.
Not me, you don’t sit the guy after he scores
Remember DeBrusk has a 27 goal season under his belt

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So it’s looking like a Toronto- Tampa first round matchup . Even though I hate the Leafs I will be cheering for them .

It'll be a lot of fun to watch them beat the bag out of each other. That has ‘seven games’ written all over it.

Looks like putting Marchand out there paid off last night, huh?

The thing that really jumped out at me was late in the third period when Tampa poured it on and went full-on desperation-mode, the Bruins shut them down and were able to stave off the onslaught. When you can survive a period like that (and all Cup winners must at least a couple of times), it shows that you can take the other team's best gut-punch and get off the mat swinging.

It would have been nice to add to the lead, but shutting down the Lightning like that has to be a huge boost in confidence.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Like many posters I am very impressed with Jeremy Lauzon. He brings the nasty and is a absolute terror along the boards- a bigger/stronger/ better Connor Clifton IMO

Nick Ritchie & Ondrej Kase are starting to gel with David Krejci- that line had some good chances and it is just a matter of time before they go into the net.

Props to Joakim Nordstrom- I love it that he went off on Goude.

Par Lindholm has to remain 4C- that line has been so much better with him centering it.

Tampa Bay has talent/firepower for sure but they lack mental toughness, the Bruins really got into their heads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad