Post-Game Talk: Game 67 - THE BEAR smokes a cigar in Ybor City - BRUINS 2 Lightning 1 F

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Tampa is really good, but the situation is vastly different from 2 years ago when we were clearly outmatched by them in the playoffs. If they were to meet in the playoffs, I'd like the Bruins-chances this time. But most important of all, yesterdays win has made it more likely that it's going to be them that has to deal with Toronto in Rd1 instead of us. The Leafs, as currently constructed, never had the opportunity to prove their real strength in the playoffs against anyone but us and even those meetings came down to game 7's.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In the third TB had zero issues breaking the puck out under the Bruins forecheck. On the flipside TB was giving Boston fits trying to break it out.

I hope its just a "bug" going around or just some fatigue. You let Tampa replay that 3rd period the same way and a couple of those "almosts" are bound to go in.

If i had wheels id be a wagon

they didn’t have the best 3rd but they kept everything out of the danger zones

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
In the third TB had zero issues breaking the puck out under the Bruins forecheck. On the flipside TB was giving Boston fits trying to break it out.

I hope its just a "bug" going around or just some fatigue. You let Tampa replay that 3rd period the same way and a couple of those "almosts" are bound to go in.
I didn't like the 3rd either, but they did play solid D in their zone. I agree though they can't keep doing that and not allowing any goals. It will bite then in the ass if that is their strategy going forward.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That proverb doesn't really have a place here. More like you keep playing with fire like they way they did in the third they will be burned.

Eh, we’re talking about what-if’s

honestly if they play that way defensively the only way they allow a goal is a softie getting by Rask. Hasn’t happened a whole lot lately

they do need to do a better job in terms of possession in the 3rd though....but at the end of the day they dominated 2 periods of hockey and kept everything to the outside for the 3rd. I have zero concerns about their game last night

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Eh, we’re talking about what-if’s

honestly if they play that way defensively the only way they allow a goal is a softie getting by Rask. Hasn’t happened a whole lot lately

they do need to do a better job in terms of possession in the 3rd though....but at the end of the day they dominated 2 periods of hockey and kept everything to the outside for the 3rd. I have zero concerns about their game last night

They "dominated" 2 periods of hockey and had a 1 goal lead to show for it. Maybe that doesn't concern you. Some people look at more than just the end result.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Sports hub talking about how good Tampa looked last night for large stretches of the game and how they easily should have had 5 goals and they feel less confident in the bruins beating Tampa in the playoffs now

what are these morons talking about lol

That's utterly ridiculous, we flat out dominated the first 40 minutes and it wasn't even close, if not for TB's goalie that game should have been over then. Pierre McGuire this morning said TB had no answer for Boston's aggressive forecheck. Unfortunately in the 3rd period we sat back and for about a 10 minute stretch we were holding on.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They "dominated" 2 periods of hockey and had a 1 goal lead to show for it. Maybe that doesn't concern you. Some people look at more than just the end result.

And Tampa “dominated” the 3rd to the point where you’re concerned and they didn’t score a goal.

I can play your game too- the bruins could have had 5 goals in the first two periods like the lightning could have scored in the 3rd. Both things didn’t happen. Better team won.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Boston didn't have a good 3rd period but that may have been score effects more than anything; Tampa pushing down a goal, Boston going into a shell up a goal. I'd prefer it if they kept playing like the first 2 periods but sometimes it's just a subconscious mental thing. They played about as well as you can going into a shell though, despite the large possession advantage Tampa had, they only got 7 shots on net, with only 3 high danger chances. That's remarkable defense.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's utterly ridiculous, we flat out dominated the first 40 minutes and it wasn't even close, if not for TB's goalie that game should have been over then. Pierre McGuire this morning said TB had no answer for Boston's aggressive forecheck. Unfortunately in the 3rd period we sat back and for about a 10 minute stretch we were holding on.
Thought TBay held some territorial advantage over our troops in the 3rd period but if I`m not mistaken, at almost the midway point through the 2nd period the Bolts had one shot in the period and if not mistaken about that, it was one from Gourde standing in the hash marks along the wall.

Thought the Bolts looked precisely as they have too often and that`s a team who believes that the NHL 20 XBox goal of making 4-5 slick passes before shooting is wiser than simply getting the puck to the net which, on their lone goal is precisely what they did.

They are a very good team but what we saw was a Bruins team who will give you that offensive zone time but you`ll be spending it on the perimeter most of the time

This one could have been over early if not for Vas making some very good saves

Reactions: rfournier103

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
And Tampa “dominated” the 3rd to the point where you’re concerned and they didn’t score a goal.

I can play your game too- the bruins could have had 5 goals in the first two periods like the lightning could have scored in the 3rd. Both things didn’t happen. Better team won.

I am glad you agree.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
OT but why is the NHL using this new puck starting in the playoffs? I heard that Crosby says it feels different. Would it not of been better if they started this in the exhibition season?
Gary Bettman and another one of his stupid gimmicks. If the NHL wants to “grow the game,” leave it the duck alone and let the sport sell itself. The NHL was growing before he came along and and tried to turn it into the NBA.

Why not put more time, energy, and money into sponsoring youth hockey instead of tinkering with rules and equipment at the pro level?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Gary Bettman and another one of his stupid gimmicks. If the NHL wants to “grow the game,” leave it the duck alone and let the sport sell itself. The NHL was growing before he came along and and tried to turn it into the NBA.

Why not put more time, energy, and money into sponsoring youth hockey instead of tinkering with rules and equipment at the pro level?

Well, I am hoping this allows them to bring back the old Fox Pucktrax- that was tremendous o_O

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
1st in NHL.

9pts lead over TB.

Anyone still in irrational panic mode? :laugh:

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad