Post-Game Talk: Game 67 - THE BEAR smokes a cigar in Ybor City - BRUINS 2 Lightning 1 F

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I know I don’t even bother turning it on anymore
Bruins get a big win and nothing
What good is Dale Arnold on the pre and post game show
You would think he would push the Bruins a bit more
My problem with Dale is for instance when this placed crashed temporarily on trade deadline day, Keefe and Wiggins where making fun of hockey with the alarm their has been a trade and Keefe saying I can’t pronounce the name not important what do they do next start going on about Brady. Dale , does nothing it’s just funny that’s his sport they make fun of it and he does nothing.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If i had wheels id be a wagon

they didn’t have the best 3rd but they kept everything out of the danger zones

Danger zones? So Cernak's rocket from the point that hit under the xbar and stayed out wasn't a danger zone shot?

Boston got a break on three scoring chances that totally
dialed in Rask was beaten cleanly on.

1) Johnsons "whiff" in the crease
2) Gourde's disallowed goal
3) Cernak's xbar denter

Those 3 chances were more "high danger" than
any scoring chance that Vasilevsky stopped the entire game because Rask didn't stop any of them as he was beaten on all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That's utterly ridiculous, we flat out dominated the first 40 minutes and it wasn't even close, if not for TB's goalie that game should have been over then. Pierre McGuire this morning said TB had no answer for Boston's aggressive forecheck. Unfortunately in the 3rd period we sat back and for about a 10 minute stretch we were holding on.

Vasilevsky is an excellent goalie that is imminently
capable of looking like that Saturday. Just like Rask
stuffed Columbus/Carolina last year.

You and I both know Boston makes goalies look better
than they are due to lack of finish after Bergeron line.

TB had 3 chances that Rask wasn't stopping that stayed out or was called back. Boston dodged multiple
bullets last night.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
My problem with Dale is for instance when this placed crashed temporarily on trade deadline day, Keefe and Wiggins where making fun of hockey with the alarm their has been a trade and Keefe saying I can’t pronounce the name not important what do they do next start going on about Brady. Dale , does nothing it’s just funny that’s his sport they make fun of it and he does nothing.
Not surprised. He seems like he’s a hockey fan because he has to be.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Danger zones? So Cernak's rocket from the point that hit under the xbar and stayed out wasn't a danger zone shot?

Boston got a break on three scoring chances that totally
dialed in Rask was beaten cleanly on.

1) Johnsons "whiff" in the crease
2) Gourde's disallowed goal
3) Cernak's xbar denter

Those 3 chances were more "high danger" than
any scoring chance that Vasilevsky stopped the entire game because Rask didn't stop any of them as he was beaten on all of them.
I agree . You didn’t mention all the other times I’m sure the bruins hit posts too and bars and muffed shots as well. I also remember was it two years ago Stamkos hooked McAvoy in front of the net and the referee’s hand never went up and the game was tied and Tampa won in OT. Instead of a 2-2 series it went 3-1 series all but over . It works both ways .

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Mil hates the Bruins because he wanted the head coaching job a few years back and the Bruins told him to go fly a kite.

The way Milbury is going we'll soon have 'noted chubbster Nick Ritchie' up there with tough guy David Krejci as notorious alternate facts that exist only in the minds of those who utter them.

Reactions: Alicat

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Vasilevsky is an excellent goalie that is imminently
capable of looking like that Saturday. Just like Rask
stuffed Columbus/Carolina last year.

You and I both know Boston makes goalies look better
than they are due to lack of finish after Bergeron line.

TB had 3 chances that Rask wasn't stopping that stayed out or was called back. Boston dodged multiple
bullets last night.

So the Tampa goalie was not lucky last nite when Bruins just missed a pile of times cause Bruins only have 1 scoring line but Boston goalie was lucky cause Tampa whiffed like Johnson did in the 1st on a couple chances? They have met 3 times this year all 1 goal games so its not like lots seperate them.Anyways I am going on record here saying Leafs face Tampa 1st rd and beat them in 6 for first series win in 11 years ,thus Bruins do not need to worry about them again after Saturaday.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The way Milbury is going we'll soon have 'noted chubbster Nick Ritchie' up there with tough guy David Krejci as notorious alternate facts that exist only in the minds of those who utter them.

Apparently Nick Ritchie has indeed been a noted chubbster. Seems to be well documented.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Apparently Nick Ritchie has indeed been a noted chubbster. Seems to be well documented.

I'm being slightly tongue-in-cheek here. There is a definite valid question mark around Ritchie's level of fitness and I've commented on it myself in his individual thread.

But what I find odd and not really necessary is Milbury making such a big deal of it, to the point of exaggeration and caricature that goes some way beyond the reality. That's why I compared it to the Krejci comment - David is actually a tough character in his own way, but it was the implications of the statement in relation to the fight that made it absurd.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Wait. We're giving Rask crap for goals that either didn't go in or were deamed against the rules now?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So the Tampa goalie was not lucky last nite when Bruins just missed a pile of times cause Bruins only have 1 scoring line but Boston goalie was lucky cause Tampa whiffed like Johnson did in the 1st on a couple chances? They have met 3 times this year all 1 goal games so its not like lots seperate them.Anyways I am going on record here saying Leafs face Tampa 1st rd and beat them in 6 for first series win in 11 years ,thus Bruins do not need to worry about them again after Saturaday.

Where did I say anything about luck being a factor with
Vasi goaltending. He had nothing comparable to
a disallowed goal and a bar down and out shot that stayed out. Vasy made positional saves and
reflex saves (Rask did 2) but there weren't any
disallowed Boston goals or bar down shots, so I
really don't understand what your point is.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wait. We're giving Rask crap for goals that either didn't go in or were deamed against the rules now?

Where are you getting the "giving Rask crap" from?
I was responding simply to someone talking about
Vasy "robbing" Boston and TB was lucky to be in the
game. Quit reading into things that aren't there.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Anyone else see Kucherov shoot the puck at Marchand after the final horn, or was that just me? If the shoe was on the other foot there would be a thread on the main page about this.

Def saw that. Luckily he shot it low and wide as he seems to do in every big spot

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Mil hates the Bruins because he wanted the head coaching job a few years back and the Bruins told him to go fly a kite.

He’s actually a lifelong Bs fan born in Mass. played for the team for I believe a decade, was Sindens asst GM at one point and was yes even head coach of the Bruins for a few years

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He’s actually a lifelong Bs fan born in Mass. played for the team for I believe a decade, was Sindens asst GM at one point and was yes even head coach of the Bruins for a few years

Yes, I get the sense that he still a Bruins fan from the way he calls the games. Just listen to his countepart Edzo the Giant Hockey Ass and the difference is immense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad