Post-Game Talk: Game 67 - THE BEAR smokes a cigar in Ybor City - BRUINS 2 Lightning 1 F

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Load management

I understand it for Marchand, but Pastrnak? This might have been their toughest game remaining in the regular season, and you go with load management? It absolutely worked out, but that's the line that has provided most of your offense this season, and you really needed another goal to close out the game. I'd just love to know his thinking.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great win.

You can see why Kase has had head injuries. Bent over forward, low to the ice skating style, even when he's near the boards. I thought both he and Ritchie have been showing something defensively by blocking shots and having good sticks recently. Looks like they are taking in the Bruins coaching.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Very weird move by Cassidy to treat his 1st line like a 3rd line tonight. Only Nordstrom had less 5-on-5 time than Pastrnak and Marchand tonight. Wagner having four more minutes of 5-on-5 ice time than them really doesn't make sense.
The second line or Krejci in particular was dog shut tonight, that’s why Coyles line played more. Marchand also sick. Wonder if a bug is going around. They played good for half a game and then started to revert to the way Tampa beat them before. Don’t say this game was theirs. It was a coin flip at the end. The only good thing is most of the shots were not that good.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I understand it for Marchand, but Pastrnak? This might have been their toughest game remaining in the regular season, and you go with load management? It absolutely worked out, but that's the line that has provided most of your offense this season, and you really needed another goal to close out the game. I'd just love to know his thinking.

Ya I was just guessing I honestly don’t know. Either it was that, Pasta was banged up too or he was unhappy with them. I’m with ya on this was a tough opponent and I wanna win every game but it’s not like the result really really mattered.

Who knows maybe Bruce was just treating as a playoff dry run and just wanted to see if we could grind the third out? I’m grasping you’re right it is out of the ordinary haha

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Great win.

You can see why Kase has had head injuries. Bent over forward, low to the ice skating style, even when he's near the boards. I thought both he and Ritchie have been showing something defensively by blocking shots and having good sticks recently. Looks like they are taking in the Bruins coaching.
Look at DeBrusk.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
At this point I won't question Cassidy as he seems to have his fingers on the pulse of the room, just think it's interesting how he utilizes his top guys compared to other coaches.

He's coaching like a guy whose team will be in the PO's and he wants his best players rested and healthy. Seems reasonable to me.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Great win.

Kase makes very good plays. Got the intelligence that Heinen had, but with more skill and power.

But yeah...that “bent over forward” thing you talked about. Referenced it last game. It feels like any hit on him is potentially extremely hazardous. Hard to think that’s something he can really work out of his game at this point in his career.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I want to see 4 more wins against this tampa team in april or may...

But tonight was nice

Lauzon really does seam like a missing piece that is making an already good d even better

Kase/ritchie are showing a real pulse... both fitting in just fine on defensive scheme

Debrusk might hopefully start a hot streak after a nice snipe

Mcavoy and carlo are legit top 60 dmen in this league... keep them healthy and they should finally get their deserved recognition these playoffs

Been a fan 45 years... this team has been one of the 5 best teams ive seen in that time, this year

If we do fulfill our destiny and win a cup i think we might be saying this is our best team since orr retired

Get on the bandwagon people. You few remaining doubters clinging to your negativity are missing a season for the history books

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Something that has very much impressed me with Ritchie is his IQ. I know he has the rep of taking dumb penalties, but aside from that he really sees the ice well and makes the smart play. Little things he does well. Same with Kase. Really liking both pickups in terms of their level of compete and their decision making ability. It's yet to be seen how much these two guys will contribute offensively, but so far they both appear to be intelligent players that play hard and fearlessly.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I want to see 4 more wins against this tampa team in april or may...

But tonight was nice

Lauzon really does seam like a missing piece that is making an already good d even better

Kase/ritchie are showing a real pulse... both fitting in just fine on defensive scheme

Debrusk might hopefully start a hot streak after a nice snipe

Mcavoy and carlo are legit top 60 dmen in this league... keep them healthy and they should finally get their deserved recognition these playoffs

Been a fan 45 years... this team has been one of the 5 best teams ive seen in that time, this year

If we do fulfill our destiny and win a cup i think we might be saying this is our best team since orr retired

Get on the bandwagon people. You few remaining doubters clinging to your negativity are missing a season for the history books
Nope.Tampa going out 1st rd to Leafs :laugh:

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

trjUtMbysPNLO.gif

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Something that has very much impressed me with Ritchie is his IQ. I know he has the rep of taking dumb penalties, but aside from that he really sees the ice well and makes the smart play. Little things he does well. Same with Kase. Really liking both pickups in terms of their level of compete and their decision making ability. It's yet to be seen how much these two guys will contribute offensively, but so far they both appear to be intelligent players that play hard and fearlessly.

He was quietly very good today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad