Post-Game Talk: Game 67 - THE BEAR smokes a cigar in Ybor City - BRUINS 2 Lightning 1 F

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
2-1 was generous for the Bolts, they were dominated for the first 2 periods and then held to the outside the rest of the way.

I agree wholeheartedly. Felt like we had total control of that game the entire time. It’s a game I think we could manage against a team like Tampa every time and a game I don’t think Tampa has in them (to manage it the way we did).

Edit: also thought Sergachev for them looked absolutely terrified all game and quite frankly was awful. Seen a couple Bokts games this year and thought he started to stand out but tonight yikes

Reactions: Emerz

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Great win. McAvoy was an absolute tank, Lauzon looks very good. If healthy, these are the D-pairs I'd like to see in the playoffs. Rotate Clifton/Moore in down the stretch for some rest as long as they can maintain the lead for first.

Also sneakily liked that third line tonight. Wouldn't mind giving it a few games and rotating Bjork/Kuhlman in on the 4th to let them get their legs going again.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I agree wholeheartedly. Felt like we had total control of that game the entire time. It’s a game I think we could manage against a team like Tampa every time and a game I don’t think Tampa has in them (to manage it the way we did).

Reminded me of the 3rd period's of the 1st round series vs the Leafs last year. Never in doubt.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Rask was great when called upon. McAvoy had a few big hits and I loved our guys blocking lots of shots tonight.

Pasta played 14 minutes lol, still got an assist for his troubles.

Lauzon is a beast on the endboards.

Very weird move by Cassidy to treat his 1st line like a 3rd line tonight. Only Nordstrom had less 5-on-5 time than Pastrnak and Marchand tonight. Wagner having four more minutes of 5-on-5 ice time than them really doesn't make sense.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Very weird move by Cassidy to treat his 1st line like a 3rd line tonight. Only Nordstrom had less 5-on-5 time than Pastrnak and Marchand tonight. Wagner having four more minutes of 5-on-5 ice time than them really doesn't make sense.

At this point I won't question Cassidy as he seems to have his fingers on the pulse of the room, just think it's interesting how he utilizes his top guys compared to other coaches.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad they won. That third period was nerve wracking though. Was scary watching them get pinned down in their end for big chunks of time..

Ritchie had some great shot blocks tonight. this was my first time seeing him play on tv. Pretty good stuff! I didn't notice Kase as much but I was also trying to read out of my textbook, soooooo my opinion goes only so far...

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

Edit: also thought Sergachev for them looked absolutely terrified all game and quite frankly was awful. Seen a couple Bokts games this year and thought he started to stand out but tonight yikes

Got to give some credit to Tampa's goalie. He was very sharp tonight. For sure, the better team won tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey and BamZoni

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Great win. McAvoy was an absolute tank, Lauzon looks very good. If healthy, these are the D-pairs I'd like to see in the playoffs. Rotate Clifton/Moore in down the stretch for some rest as long as they can maintain the lead for first.

Also sneakily liked that third line tonight. Wouldn't mind giving it a few games and rotating Bjork/Kuhlman in on the 4th to let them get their legs going again.
I’d like to see Kuhlman in the lineup against that Tampa team .

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Marchand was sick so I’m sure that played into it quite a bit too. He definitely missed some shifts mid 3rd but was back for the final 2 minutes

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lauzon is a total beast at tying up his man around the net and along the boards. He gives no space. Also like that when he shoots it's usually on goal, allowing for a potential rebound or redirect. He understands the game well. Bs are ridiculously blessed to have such an amazing d-corps. Also, I think it's no accident that young B's D develop so well with Chara at the helm on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad