GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM3] Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights - 9:30PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

AeGf9Tf.png

OtMfhX7.png

xuCrxNx.png

Vegas leads 2-0

HXUatsC.png

TN3tmvi.png

ctH5Ev1.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

uXi1lgX.png

ilFZ3nl.png

Barbashev - Eichel - Marchessault
Stephenson - Hertl - Stone
Howden - Karlsson - Mantha
Carrier - Roy - Kolesar

Hanafin - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Theodore
Hague - Whitecloud

Thompson

O9f9cga.png

The PLAIOFFS GDT Theme Song

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just f***ing play well . If you do you probably win too

Reactions: ck26

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is probably a 9:50 puck drop. Well, given the Vegas pregame presentation, maybe more like 10.

TBS has stacked games all day long. The Stars game is the last one. All of the other games were given three hour blocks. TBS instead gave the Leafs game 2.5 hours, which means we know the Leafs game will still be in the third period at 9:30.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No one is expecting Bourque to save the season but if you want to ice the best team, he's on it.

Is he? We need guys that can get into the middle of the rink in the slot, that is where we are getting dominated. Bourque is a massive perimeter guy, not sure he really helps us TBH.

That isn't to say he would be bad to insert or an issue, but I want someone who will drive the slot, get to the net front, and open space. But I don't think we have anyone that can really help us with that.. we have no tanks.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Is he? We need guys that can get into the middle of the rink in the slot, that is where we are getting dominated. Bourque is a massive perimeter guy, not sure he really helps us TBH.

That isn't to say he would be bad to insert or an issue, but I want someone who will drive the slot, get to the net front, and open space. But I don't think we have anyone that can really help us with that.. we have no tanks.
Better than having Faksa in the lineup.

Reactions: DieselPig

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe not in that way, but I think Mavrik can create space on the ice for linemates. Which could be difference making

Reactions: DieselPig

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The Stars don't have those big physical forwards on the roster as an option (insert Tufte comedy), but what Bourque can help with is adding a bit more speed and skill with the puck on his stick. I'd rather have that than Faksa playing at 80%.

There's a lot to like about the futures of Johnston, Stankoven, and Bourque, but this is an undersized trio. Them learning how to either create space or get to space in the NHL playoffs is going to be key to this franchise's future.

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Good thing the leafs and bruins game is starting late. It won’t run into the Dallas game at all.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well its not a smokescreen anymore when you announce it like this, Sean
I can’t imagine a world where the Vegas coaches react to Bourque being scratched with anything other than, “Who?”

“Yeah, Dellandrea is in the lineup instead.”

“Again, who?”

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I think Vegas knows who Bourque is but they will be laughing when he gets scratched for Dellandrea. You scratch the better player for a lesser one means Vegas coaching staff has already won the coaching matchup.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The only thing Bourque would improve for this team is how watchable these games are for Stars fans

A rookie won't save our season. A single goal from at least one of Hintz, Johnston, Duchene, Pavelski, Seguin, Heiskanen, Harley, etc. Might help though

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah not worried about a single player, need the entire team to up their play and have some passion to break through that team. Lets get shit rolling and get some offense going, I want to see the Stars we saw 80% of the season.

Reactions: roryjones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad