Post-Game Talk: GAME 67 - Back on track - BRUINS 3 Winnipeg 0

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He is a 4th line rookie winger on a team with the best record in hockey. He has no business causing any distraction demanding a trade. If I was Bergeron or March and I would tell him to STFU.

Doesn't matter if he's a rookie or a 10 year veteran. He has a right to try to earn for himself just like everyone else.

A guy who isn't even on the team regularly demanding a trade isn't a distraction lol. That makes no sense. This isn't like debrusk asking to be traded.

Bergeron and Marchand have no right to tell him that he can't try to get himself into a position to succeed. If they did say something that would be way out of line. None of their business what another player does to better their career.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Doesn't matter if he's a rookie or a 10 year veteran. He has a right to try to earn for himself just like everyone else.

A guy who isn't even on the team regularly demanding a trade isn't a distraction lol. That makes no sense. This isn't like debrusk asking to be traded.

Bergeron and Marchand have no right to tell him that he can't try to get himself into a position to succeed. If they did say something that would be way out of line. None of their business what another player does to better their career.
Plus they wouldn't say anything. Lauko has a right to say what he wants to earn a living. Doesn't mean the Bruins have to listen. I like his confidence.

He should have a big role next season,

You also have to think that Swayman and Frederic are pricing themselves off the team next year with their fantastic seasons. Bruins could play hardball I would imagine.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Plus they wouldn't say anything. Lauko has a right to say what he wants to earn a living. Doesn't mean the Bruins have to listen. I like his confidence.

You also have to think that Swayman and Frederic are pricing themselves off the team next year with their fantastic seasons. Bruins could play hardball I would imagine.

Huge reason why Chara was adamant about not using the term rookie in the locker room or elsewhere

you play hard, you play well, you play.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

He also didn’t ask for it publicly or say anything. Most people - almost everyone - on this board didn’t know he was one of the two Provy players who asked for a trade until very recently.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Huge reason why Chara was adamant about not using the term rookie in the locker room or elsewhere

you play hard, you play well, you play.
If you haven't read the Thornton book I would. Major philosophical difference between he and Chara on that very thing. Chara was just an outstanding captain, leader and human.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Lol, he is part of a player union that negotiated a CBA that allows any team to do what Boston has done with Lauko. Lauko should be directing his ire to his player rep and agent.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

From a fans perspective I can see why people think he should just be happy to be here on a record setting team with good veterans to learn from.

The reality of it is plenty of players look good for spurts then fade out of the NHL. This could be a case where this stretch of hockey is the best he ever plays (doubtful but possibe). The NHL had seen plenty of flash in the pans.

We also know GMs can be convinced by short sample sizes. For all we know if he had more minutes on a non playoff team to finish out this year another GM could have had a multi year 1 way deal on the table for him.

Missed opportunities like that are a big deal for an unproven guy like Lauko.

Lol, he is part of a player union that negotiated a CBA that allows any team to do what Boston has done with Lauko. Lauko should be directing his ire to his player rep and agent.

Lol requesting a trade doesn't break any rules in the CBA. Happens all the time. Not sure where you are going with that.

He also didn’t ask for it publicly or say anything. Most people - almost everyone - on this board didn’t know he was one of the two Provy players who asked for a trade until very recently.

Another good point

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Marchand was getting mugged out there last night. Absolutely shocked he kept his composure.
Brad gets abused every game. You really notice it more when you are at the games. Marchy is a very tough guy but shame on the stripes for not calling some of the shit Brad has to put up with. ALL players should be treated the same.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone THIS IS MORE LIKE IT*

View attachment 670462

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle went to bed early but was pleased with the way the Bruins played the first 2 periods*

Based on what I saw the first 2 periods:

Third line was the best line out there and the fourth was no slouch either. Freddy notching a goal & Charlie with his best game in awhile (but damn it all Charlie shoot the f***ing puck when the opportunity is there) Bertuzzi is a much better player than I realized, what a sweet feed on Freddy's goal. Lauko was excellent I don't understand why he's not getting a regular spot in the lineup. Nosek was his usual excellent 4th line self and Hathaway looked way more comfortable.

All good things because the top 2 lines are still struggling to score or otherwise affect the outcome of the game. I don't know if they're tired, dinged up, in a slump or all of the above.

The PP continued to suck but not as much as it has lately. I suppose that qualifies as progress.

Swayman was channeling his inner Ullmark, he made some spectacular saves to keep the Bruins in the game.

On to the Wild...

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
From a fans perspective I can see why people think he should just be happy to be here on a record setting team with good veterans to learn from.

The reality of it is plenty of players look good for spurts then fade out of the NHL. This could be a case where this stretch of hockey is the best he ever plays (doubtful but possibe). The NHL had seen plenty of flash in the pans.

We also know GMs can be convinced by short sample sizes. For all we know if he had more minutes on a non playoff team to finish out this year another GM could have had a multi year 1 way deal on the table for him.

Missed opportunities like that are a big deal for an unproven guy like Lauko.

Lol requesting a trade doesn't break any rules in the CBA. Happens all the time. Not sure where you are going with that.

Another good point

We aren't talking about an NHL veteran who has more cache to request a trade. This kid hasn't even played 20 NHL games. He is currently a 4th line interchangeable part on the best team in hockey.
The only reason to accommodate Lauko would be if there was some type of abusive situation within the Providence team.

Sweeney shouldn't spend more than10 minutes of time regarding Lauko request. You want to play regularly in the NHL earn it with your play. If he plays well he will eventually beat out Greer for playing time.

• Haha
Reactions: MerlotLineFan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
We aren't talking about an NHL veteran who has more cache to request a trade. This kid hasn't even played 20 NHL games. He is currently a 4th line interchangeable part on the best team in hockey.
The only reason to accommodate Lauko would be if there was some type of abusive situation within the Providence team.

Sweeney shouldn't spend more than10 minutes of time regarding Lauko request. You want to play regularly in the NHL earn it with your play. If he plays well he will eventually beat out Greer for playing time.

you keep saying the same thing over and over without actually processing very good points being made that are new and speak to the reality of the situation with lauko. Going back into your bag of old school "pay your dues/ lol rookie" is not being received here well and for good reason and you just keep repeating yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad