Post-Game Talk: GAME 67 - Back on track - BRUINS 3 Winnipeg 0

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I’d be concerned if he wasn’t so gung-ho about being with the big club. He’s earned it at this point and he can clearly play in it.

He got like 6 minutes of ice time last night and was noticeable (in a good way) during just about every second of it. Drew two penalties and I believe had the most scoring chances.
BIG THUMBS UP.jpg
Couldn't agree more. He is showing that he is an impact player at the NHL level. He needs to stay in the lineup and not riding the bus in Providence.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Are you unfamiliar with how 25 year olds that are on pace to score 20 goals without PP time get paid in this league, never mind one that is 'gritty'?

No? Let me help you

What do you think an arbitrator would give him?

Maybe he takes a 1-2 year bridge. At what? 2.5? 3? Where is that money coming from?
Im praying he takes 1/2 @2.25 to be 3C next year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I just watched the highlights, poured over the boxscore, and have a couple observations. It looks like Swayman, and the bottom six carried us. Czech line was only fair and Bergy's line was not good. (They need to rest Marchy, then maybe Bergy, but goodness knows who plays center.) It does look like Bert had a good game thank goodness...I do not like him but plenty of time to prove me wrong. Still do not like being outshot considerably by a team of snipers, but definitely a better effort than the last three.
the Bergeron line was awesome. why even post your observations if you didn't even watch the game?

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Hmm trust multiple websites who have the same number or go rewatch the game because someone saw 7 more giveaways than people who do this for a living did....tough choice....
He's been a turnover machine lately. Not sure what else to say. Losing edges, whiffing on passes, passing to the other team.

Should I apply to be the turnover stat guy? Are they hiring?
Maybe the same guy that gives Matthews 6 hits a game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Was watching that powerplay again and spotted something Bruins should at least try .
When the Bruins 2nd unit was out last night Krecji was parked high on the circle where Pasta usually sits.The defenceman more then one time sent him the puck and he either gave it back ,had his shot blocked or goalie saved it or missed net combo.Here is where the net front guy needs to release and slide out low to side area and give Krecji that down low option .If it is done quickly the Bruins will get 2 on 1 low because it forces that D man to think about coming away from net and if he don't do it immediately with Bruin releasing from front you have that scenario. The Bruins only try this on the other side never the side they set one timer from.I think that would open up other things.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
the Bergeron line was awesome. why even post your observations if you didn't even watch the game?
I remember him wanting to bench McAvoy after admitting only watching the highlights.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Where is all this malcontent from Lauko coming from? Anything I've read was Lauko being humorous in a sarcastic way.

Hoping he sticks. Bruins need his speed and thinking he's that guy who performs better in the NHL versus AHL.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Anotha day, anotha Zacha bar down rocket

Gets me hyped the hell up everytime he does it. Kovalchuk esque
It's easily my favorite shot in hockey. It has a certain frequency that warms my soul. Zacha gets that shot off so quick. His wrist strength must be off the chart the way he generates so much oomph on his shot in such a short amount of time. Signing Zacha to that contract is one of DS' finer moments as GM.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
One thing @GahdenRinkRat and I have noticed about Carlo this season is that he is smiling a LOT more.
As well he should be. I would argue this is Carlo's most complete season in the NHL. He is chipping in offensively some. His level of physical play is well beyond what it was under Cassidy. He doesn't make bone-crushing hits, but he is moving bodies constantly around the crease and is not fun to play against along the boards. He also has become a very good defender in general. Debrusk is also smiling more than ever. Amazing what confidence can do for a young man. Monty has handled these two players as wonderfully as I hoped he would.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Plus they wouldn't say anything. Lauko has a right to say what he wants to earn a living. Doesn't mean the Bruins have to listen. I like his confidence.

He should have a big role next season,

You also have to think that Swayman and Frederic are pricing themselves off the team next year with their fantastic seasons. Bruins could play hardball I would imagine.
Trade Coyle, keep Frederic.
It's a risk, but go with more upside in Frederic.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Lol, he is part of a player union that negotiated a CBA that allows any team to do what Boston has done with Lauko. Lauko should be directing his ire to his player rep and agent.
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
It has to affect performance and attitude, if most/every time you play a game, play very well, only to sit or get sent down for others who don't contribute as you do.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
We are so lucky to have two goalies of the quality we have.

Zacha, who I wouldn't say I liked when he played for the Devils, is a surprise; this is how I expected him to play. The change was good for him.

I think it has to do with so many Czech players around him.

Go Bruins

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln