Post-Game Talk: GAME 67 - Back on track - BRUINS 3 Winnipeg 0

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Marchand needs a break imo.

I don't know if it should be right now or later but he's a far cry from what he was last year or even earlier in the year. Probably hurt but who knows.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don't understand the dislike you have for#59. He is an excellent 3rd line player for this team. Better than Foligno and certainly better than Frederic. So with Coyle as his center
you have the makings of a 3rd line that should win matchups with most other teams 3rd line.
His defense is cursory at best and he is only moderately skilled. In no way is he better than Foligno.

• Haha
Reactions: Carl Hungus

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Doesn't look like 5-8 to me.

So much for that eye test.

We aren't talking about an NHL veteran who has more cache to request a trade. This kid hasn't even played 20 NHL games. He is currently a 4th line interchangeable part on the best team in hockey.
The only reason to accommodate Lauko would be if there was some type of abusive situation within the Providence team.

Sweeney shouldn't spend more than10 minutes of time regarding Lauko request. You want to play regularly in the NHL earn it with your play. If he plays well he will eventually beat out Greer for playing time.

you keep saying the same thing over and over without actually processing very good points being made that are new and speak to the reality of the situation with lauko. Going back into your bag of old school "pay your dues/ lol rookie" is not being received here well and for good reason and you just keep repeating yourself.

*Like*

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
not for nothing but give aways as well as take aways are a really poorly tracked stat.

They are both(giveaway/takeaway) open to interpretation. But a fans idea of a giveaway vs what say a coach would consider a giveaway are two very different things.

But similar to the hit stat I have seen inflated/deflated #s from time to time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Let's face it, Swayman stole the game.

Hoping Carlo stays healthy. B's look like a different team when he doesn't play.

Zacha proving to be quite a talent. Hope he can stay focused.

Good to see Marchand & Pasta dump the puck in a number of times. They didn't really play better, but at least they played a little smarter.

McAvoy's stick save with the net empty may have been the biggest play of the game.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Marchand needs a break imo.

I don't know if it should be right now or later but he's a far cry from what he was last year or even earlier in the year. Probably hurt but who knows.

Him and Bergeron both look totally out of it.

Zacha is about to pass Bergy in scoring, getting 2 minutes more of power play time per game (and 2 minutes more per game).

I wonder how long till coach either rests 37 and 63, or puts 88 with them. Something has to give.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Plus they wouldn't say anything. Lauko has a right to say what he wants to earn a living. Doesn't mean the Bruins have to listen. I like his confidence.

He should have a big role next season,

You also have to think that Swayman and Frederic are pricing themselves off the team next year with their fantastic seasons. Bruins could play hardball I would imagine.

Frederic is having a fantastic season?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They are both(giveaway/takeaway) open to interpretation. But a fans idea of a giveaway vs what say a coach would consider a giveaway are two very different things.

But similar to the hit stat I have seen inflated/deflated #s from time to time.

Takeaways/giveaways are just that. Have to take the puck away from the puck carrier.

Passing the puck to the guys in the other color uniforms would be a turnover, though I don't think that is an official stat.

I'd really like to see a "didn't get the puck out of the zone" stat.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Frederic is having a fantastic season?
Are you unfamiliar with how 25 year olds that are on pace to score 20 goals without PP time get paid in this league, never mind one that is 'gritty'?

No? Let me help you

What do you think an arbitrator would give him?

Maybe he takes a 1-2 year bridge. At what? 2.5? 3? Where is that money coming from?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1679063195916.png

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Are you unfamiliar with how 25 year olds that are on pace to score 20 goals without PP time get paid in this league, never mind one that is 'gritty'?

No? Let me help you

What do you think an arbitrator would give him?

Maybe he takes a 1-2 year bridge. At what? 2.5? 3? Where is that money coming from?

Frederic is not having a fantastic season.

Frederic is not on a 20-goal pace.

Frederic will not get Crouse money.

Reactions: frankiess

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
From a fans perspective I can see why people think he should just be happy to be here on a record setting team with good veterans to learn from.

The reality of it is plenty of players look good for spurts then fade out of the NHL. This could be a case where this stretch of hockey is the best he ever plays (doubtful but possibe). The NHL had seen plenty of flash in the pans.

We also know GMs can be convinced by short sample sizes. For all we know if he had more minutes on a non playoff team to finish out this year another GM could have had a multi year 1 way deal on the table for him.

Missed opportunities like that are a big deal for an unproven guy like Lauko.

Lol requesting a trade doesn't break any rules in the CBA. Happens all the time. Not sure where you are going with that.

Another good point
You've had some great points on Lauko in this thread - just to add, Lauko has battled injuries off and on for a couple seasons now. You never know when the next injury hits that might change your entire career trajectory, I'm all for him trying to get his shot while he's young and confident, hopefully that ends up being with us next season.

Some pretty hot takes from other posters in here, saying that he shouldn't privately ask for a trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad