GDT: Game 67: Avs vs Wings | 7 PM MT | March 5, 2019 | Remembering Legends of the Rivalry

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Right now...yes. But I haven't forgotten the first few months of Cole's tenure here. He was quite good. The problem is he's an upgrade on Nemeth but not a top-4 dman.

This big question is: Is Cole an upgrade to Nemeth on PK, this is debatable (in other parts of the game he usually is though).

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I couldn't get up for this game :-( since finally started exercising again (running, visiting gym etc) I sometimes sleep like a stone, my body is complete shock. ;-) Couldn't hear my alarm clock and nearly also missed work until my wife started screaming at me.

Problem with me is I can't do much in between, I am off or on, I am serious with excercising or I am not exercising at all (what's the point?).

Also I f*****g hate when people are faster than me in the trail while running, I sometimes feel beaten and humiliated, just wait you s****s.

Hmmm, perhaps I need to visit a shrink. ;-) It's ok getting older, it's ok not winning, it's ok being average.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I couldn't get up for this game :-( since finally started exercising again (running, visiting gym etc) I sometimes sleep like a stone, my body is complete shock. ;-) Couldn't hear my alarm clock and nearly also missed work until my wife started screaming at me.

Problem with me is I can't do much in between, I am off or on, I am serious with excercising or I am not exercising at all (what's the point?).

Also I f*****g hate when people are faster than me in the trail while running, I sometimes feel beaten and humiliated, just wait you s****s.

Hmmm, perhaps I need to visit a shrink. ;-) It's ok getting older, it's ok not winning, it's ok being average.

You're too critical of yourself. You can't be the best in everything, it's simply not possible, so remember that. I have similar issues. I am a man child. Haha.

Reactions: 21

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Funny how different the outlook becomes when the get the extra point. If that game would've ended on the Athanasiou goal in OT, this place would be a mess.

I don't think they looked like a team that wanted to make the postseason last night. Detroit is absolutely awful right now, and the Avs almost lost. Trying to stay positive here, but I'm also just calling it like it is. This time last year the Avs were in the wildcard spot, and had 9 more points than they do now.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If Dries, Wilson, Cole, bork and Ghetto continue to play games for this team then we have a river of **** games still coming. You could literally replace all those guys for next game and the team would be better for it. Graves in for Cole, Toni in for Dries, Greer in for Ghetto. Simple
I agree 100%.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
You're too critical of yourself. You can't be the best in everything, it's simply not possible, so remember that. I have similar issues. I am a man child. Haha.

I was exaggerating a bit but you got my point. It's not like I used to be the best but it's this instinct bothering me. ;-)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So is Zadorov hurt? I couldn’t understand from twitter if he left the game twice?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Funny how different the outlook becomes when the get the extra point. If that game would've ended on the Athanasiou goal in OT, this place would be a mess.
Our playoff chances are hanging on by a thread lol I agree though, we looked terrible for long stretches of the game, including the 3rd period. We aren't going to have any success playing half games

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So is Zadorov hurt? I couldn’t understand from twitter if he left the game twice?

He took a rough spill into the boards and got up slow and immediately went off the ice (went down the tunnel). He returned though. I had not heard that he left twice.

Reactions: Avs71

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't understand why the Avs have such difficulty executing functional line changes. It has seemingly been an issue for most of the season. The DeKeyser goal was at least partly attributable to a poor line change and recognition of when or when not to change. With the late penalty in the third, the Avs were just skating around with 6 or 7 skaters on the ice like they didn't have a care in the world.

HugeMetalFan

Jul 30, 2015

Hmm, so that's what goes through Avs players' heads on most nights...:sarcasm:

Reactions: 21

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I actually like McNabb. I think he's hilarious when he goes off. Moser is a dissapointing, I was so excited for him last summer too.

Now McGahey... That man has the voice of a sexy angel.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Not possible. He had a gorgeous redirect on the Wings first goal and was a non factor in the 7 mins he played. I think he was a -2. We have the new Cliche with him. Landeskog was brutal tonight totally agreed. His brain went to **** that last shift when he didnt get it over to Rantanen and then went full you know what in OT haha
He didn't get it over to Rantanen but set up MacKinnon with a 1 timer that should've ended the game in regulation.

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016
Funny seeing the different opinions on the Play by Play.

I think Moser is wonderful and can't stand McNab or McGahey. I'm completely over McNab's random stories from 30 years ago, and his general obliviousness to the game. McGahey has a wonderful voice, but does a miserable job calling the game, and is more than happy to sit around and chat for HUGE stretches of the game (like literally 10 minutes of gametime) with McNabb. I hated that with Haynes, and I hate it now.

Moser are least always has his focus on the action on the ice, trying to raise the intensity of the actual hockey game. That is why he and Ryker make the best combination, imo.

As for last night - best possible situation! Red Wings get a point, Avs get the win.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Funny seeing the different opinions on the Play by Play.

I think Moser is wonderful and can't stand McNab or McGahey. I'm completely over McNab's random stories from 30 years ago, and his general obliviousness to the game. McGahey has a wonderful voice, but does a miserable job calling the game, and is more than happy to sit around and chat for HUGE stretches of the game (like literally 10 minutes of gametime) with McNabb. I hated that with Haynes, and I hate it now.

Moser are least always has his focus on the action on the ice, trying to raise the intensity of the actual hockey game. That is why he and Ryker make the best combination, imo.

As for last night - best possible situation! Red Wings get a point, Avs get the win.

That’s what bugs me about McNabb the most. The guy is so impressed by things that might have been crazy when he played 100 years ago but are very common in today’s game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad