GDT: Game 67: Avs vs Wings | 7 PM MT | March 5, 2019 | Remembering Legends of the Rivalry

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
At least Bednar finally realized that EJ is the best option to start OT. Zadorov is actually pretty good too. I'll agree Barrie is iffy (though I thought he played fine) and for whatever reason Sammy is a disaster.
What I would like to see to start OT is our best faceoff guys on the ice so we can take possession of the puck right away. To me those guys are Landy and Kerf. I would also consider Nieto as he is our best faceoff player this year. Start Landy-Nieto-EJ and once you have possession switch one or two of them for the big guns. Do this for all faceoffs in OT and switch them back in any chance you get on the fly when not in possession of the puck and switch them back out once you get possession. When the big guns are on stop making low % plays which include both passes and shot attempts.

Possession, patience and low % plays are key 3v3. If you don't like what you see come out of the O zone but don't go back far enough to allow the other team to make a change. Thats how you wear out the other team and then finally get grade A chances. But regardless what you do, never never send Barrie, Mack and Rants together.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I feel like the players and coaches overall could do a better job in bettering themselves on faceoffs. Say what you will about Matt Duchene but he worked hard to be solid on faceoffs, I don't get the same impression from MacKinnon. The one that always annoys the hell outta me is Soderberg. He cheats like crazy and still manages to lose all the damned time. As much praise as he rightfully deserves for this stellar season he's turning in, I'm still perplexed as to why he's still so very bad in the dot.

And from what I understand, the best faceoff guy right now is likely Brassard. Percentage-wise it's still probably Kerfoot though.

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
Really, people have a problem with Moser? Apart from conveniently forgetting the Avs were on the power play a few games ago he really doesn't bother me, though he could maybe try and use a different verb than "pitchfork" now and again. I would agree though that McGahey is effin' fantastic.

Whatever the case, so long as they continue to prominently feature Lauren I'm fine either way.
"[Blank] strikes pay dirt!"

Reactions: Pokecheque

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I feel like the players and coaches overall could do a better job in bettering themselves on faceoffs. Say what you will about Matt Duchene but he worked hard to be solid on faceoffs, I don't get the same impression from MacKinnon. The one that always annoys the hell outta me is Soderberg. He cheats like crazy and still manages to lose all the damned time. As much praise as he rightfully deserves for this stellar season he's turning in, I'm still perplexed as to why he's still so very bad in the dot.

And from what I understand, the best faceoff guy right now is likely Brassard. Percentage-wise it's still probably Kerfoot though.

Having 1 good eye huge difference. It complete f***s up your peripheral vision and hand-eye coordination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad