GDT: Game 67: Avs vs Wings | 7 PM MT | March 5, 2019 | Remembering Legends of the Rivalry

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
One of the less mentioned bright spots has to be JTC. 30 points in 51 games, on pace for basically a 25/25 season in a full year. That's the type of scoring depth the Avs could make some noise with in the future as the team grows. And he just keeps getting better.
Guys gonna be a solid 3rd liner for years in this league. Second best release on our team after Nathan.

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
What I don't like about McNabb is how he sugar coats everything.
Last night, "Bednar is really coaching out there. He's putting the top line out there on icings to get the match-up he wants."
Well, no shit. An 8-year old can figure that out. Call it like it is, Peter, and you'd be more tolerable.

Reactions: klozge and Avs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's clear the reintroduction of Wilson and Cole to the lineup has slowed the team down considerably. Detroit looked like they were skating circles around the Avs last night. And as Bednar said I didn't like the game from most of the defensemen. Erik Johnson especially was playing an insanely dumb game.

BUT...I suppose Tyson Barrie deserves credit for finally showing up big.

No excuse whatsoever for taking a too-many-men penalty this late in the season, that late in a crucial, crucial game. That's on the coach, and he knows it.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
It's clear the reintroduction of Wilson and Cole to the lineup has slowed the team down considerably. Detroit looked like they were skating circles around the Avs last night. And as Bednar said I didn't like the game from most of the defensemen. Erik Johnson especially was playing an insanely dumb game.

BUT...I suppose Tyson Barrie deserves credit for finally showing up big.

No excuse whatsoever for taking a too-many-men penalty this late in the season, that late in a crucial, crucial game. That's on the coach, and he knows it.
Come back soon, Nieto!!!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Moser is way more the problem than McNabb... I don't think Haynes was the greatest or anything, but he certainly wasn't nearly as bad as Moser. McGahey can't replace Moser quick enough...
Not even close, Moser sucks, but Haynes was trash and his mannerisms were by far the worst.

No need for that. Great win and it really paid off to trash Barrie and Mack:crossfing
But still don't get fooled by one game.

#tradebarrie
Hello Bleedwell, I have this amazing plan for Avs and I want to know your thoughts.

- Trade Barrie to Dallas for Julius Honka and their 1st rounder.
- Trade Makar to Panthers for Borgstrom and Trocheck.
- Draft Jack Hughes with Ottawa pick.
- Draft Arthur Kaliyev with Colorado pick.
- Draft Anttoni Honka with Dallas pick.

Thus our team is...

Kaliyev - Borgstrom - Rantanen
Compher - MacKinnon - Jost
Brassard - Trocheck - Calvert
Landeskog - Hughes - Wilson

Girard - Johnson
Honka - Honka
Zadorov - Cole

What do you think?

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
What I don't like about McNabb is how he sugar coats everything.
Last night, "Bednar is really coaching out there. He's putting the top line out there on icings to get the match-up he wants."
Well, no ****. An 8-year old can figure that out. Call it like it is, Peter, and you'd be more tolerable.

I wonder how much of this is due to orders from management to “tow the company line”. I live in Ohio, & as a long suffering Cincinnati Reds fan I can attest that their TV announcers are guilty of the same (over)sugarcoating/positivity.

I understand not wanting your employees to spend the duration of games crapping all over the team. Conversely, you can try and put lipstick on the pig, but you insult your fans intelligence, as they know it’s still a pig. Need balance. Praise the positives, but don’t try & manufacture them.

Reactions: klozge and Tru

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm by no means a supporter of Cole this year, but 5v5 shot suppression is actually pretty good with him. Best on the team in fact. He's been hurt by a low on ice save percentage. I'll go hide now.
Prolly has more to do with his partner than him lol as an example last night he makes a between the legs no look pass to a Detroit player and Z has to make an amazing play to cut the guy off and no shot was taken. I'm not sure he was the worse d last night. That title belonged to Barrie up until the final minute of the game where he did his job.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I wonder how much of this is due to orders from management to “tow the company line”. I live in Ohio, & as a long suffering Cincinnati Reds fan I can attest that their TV announcers are guilty of the same (over)sugarcoating/positivity.

I understand not wanting your employees to spend the duration of games crapping all over the team. Conversely, you can try and put lipstick on the pig, but you insult your fans intelligence, as they know it’s still a pig. Need balance. Praise the positives, but don’t try & manufacture them.

Everyone plays a role. Peter is the eternal optimist. Rycroft is the "tell it like it is" guy. I'm fine with the balance they've struck.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Everyone plays a role. Peter is the eternal optimist. Rycroft is the "tell it like it is" guy. I'm fine with the balance they've struck.

I agree. I guess my general point, which you stated better, is McNabb has a role to play, & doesn’t necessary buy all the positives he spews, & likely bites his tongue, or is very very constructive on a lot of critical plays which occur in games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad