GDT: Game 67: Avs vs Wings | 7 PM MT | March 5, 2019 | Remembering Legends of the Rivalry

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We still got a ROW. That's what the O stands for.

lol how have I never known OT wins counted as ROWs?

NimbleFrailGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Balthazar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I had to leave for quite some time but came back and picked the game up. Did I hear Moser say there was a 308 million dollar lottery and wonder what you could do with that?

Seriously, I would buy the Senators for 200M, put the other 108M into a mutual fund and then just force trades of every single 1st to the AVs for the next ten seasons. Chances are my version of the Sens would be better than Melnyks.

Reactions: UncleRisto

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I had to leave for quite some time but came back and picked the game up. Did I hear Moser say there was a 308 million dollar lottery and wonder what you could do with that?

Seriously, I would buy the Senators for 200M, put the other 108M into a mutual fund and then just force trades of every single 1st to the AVs for the next ten seasons. Chances are my version of the Sens would be better than Melnyks.
Yah right buddy. You can't buy the Sens for 200m lol you'd have to start at atleast 225m

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How many changed the channel after Red Wings 3rd goal because I totally did lol?

Landeskog was absolutely brutal today, Dries looked better if that's somehow mathematically possible.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How many changed the channel after Red Wings 3rd goal because I totally did lol?

Landeskog was absolutely brutal today, Dries looked better if that's somehow mathematically possible.
Not possible. He had a gorgeous redirect on the Wings first goal and was a non factor in the 7 mins he played. I think he was a -2. We have the new Cliche with him. Landeskog was brutal tonight totally agreed. His brain went to shit that last shift when he didnt get it over to Rantanen and then went full you know what in OT haha

Reactions: klozge and S E P H

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Am I alone in thinking that Mikko did not desreve a sniff at a star of the game tonight?

He didn't have a bad game but he wasn't dominate in any sense of the word.

I actually hated the post-game interview with MacK. LG was gushing over the top-line being put together again. They barely won in OT against a bottom dweller. This game should never have been a question. That top line needs to be permanently broken up. They only time they should be together is when we are chasing a goal late in the game. They shouldn't even be together on the PP1 because they all defer to each other way too much.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I can't wait for Chet's evaluation of this game. Avs would probably deserve this win.
It was 58 minutes if meh to bad hockey. Then they showed up for the last five to pull off a mini miracle.

Thought Cole was miserable, as was Dries, but that's not overly surprising at this point. Why on Earth are we playing a half vision Cole over Graves that is simply a terrible coaching decision. Landeskog was very bad tonight. He was killing plays left and right. For the most part the first line sucked minus the last 5 minutes. But I guess you could say they came up in the clutch at the end when we really needed some goals.

Compher was our best player.

Varly was ok, can't fault him when our guys are deflecting them into the net left and right.

Other than that no one really stood out as good or bad. Just lots of meh play tonight. It's really frustrating to me to see a team that is fighting for their playoff life look so lack luster. This is 3 games in a row that we haven't played very well for long stretches of the game. It's very concerning, not sure what it takes to get these guys motivated to play 60 minutes.

So overall a fun game at the end. But they have got to find a way to play a better brand of hockey if they want any chance at the playoffs. It's not really surprising that they took all the young motivated guys out of the lineup to bring back the the Vets like Cole and Wilson and it play went from fun and up tempo to slow and lackluster. Not sure when Sakic will ever learn that slow aging vets aren't the answer in today's NHL.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Am I alone in thinking that Mikko did not desreve a sniff at a star of the game tonight?

He didn't have a bad game but he wasn't dominate in any sense of the word.

I actually hated the post-game interview with MacK. LG was gushing over the top-line being put together again. They barely won in OT against a bottom dweller. This game should never have been a question. That top line needs to be permanently broken up. They only time they should be together is when we are chasing a goal late in the game. They shouldn't even be together on the PP1 because they all defer to each other way too much.
Best player for 60 minutes tonight in my books was Compher.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Avs had a pretty meh game, but you can't be mad with the outcome. The Wings get a point and we get 2. Perfect.

It was also a lot of damn fun to be at the game wearing my vocal chords out yelling RED WINGS SUCK. Too bad it only comes once year.

Reactions: MacBradley

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Don't buy mutual funds, too high expenses. Index way to go.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV

Pretty mathematically impossible to look worse, so...

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
We won a Game in OT.... Wohoo.

But damn, did we play on the road? This was almost a homegame for the Wings with so many redshirts in the stands....

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
You only see the Wings once a year so they come out of the woodwork.

Bless their hearts for supporting that dumpster fire of a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad