giphy (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You can't seriously be comparing the Bruins with those arrogant Nucks who were practicing raising the Stanley Cup......I mean, you can be proud of the record without being arrogant, right? Of course they are celebrating it, why wouldn't they?
Meh, guy's been waiting all season to get on the team. He's a cherry picker

Reactions: lopey and caz16

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
If that what you got out of it the Bruins are in major trouble
Yes I did. I see a team who doesn't want to engage in Physical Play. I see a team who can't Forecheck when it needs to. I see a team who is turning over the puck every chance they have. I see a team Defense right now that have no clue how to help either one of their goalies that are in net. This team is tired and struggling with every aspect of their game right now. Defense.....Offense.....Special Teams.....And now its the Goaltending. Resting certain players will help to some degree....But it won't make bad habits disappear. Heck , I would rather see players called up and want to win...not coast along while wating for the Storm to come. They have to realize that another season is coming soon ( Playoffs ) Which is a whole different Enchilada...lol Looks like Mexican tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The bad part of lately is that Monty might be thinking he still needs to tinker and try things, etc. This will only lead to more guys becoming exhausted, etc. If I were coaching, I’d announce my playoff lineup to the team today. And then start resting players. Instead, you’ve got all sorts of guys “auditioning” for a playoff spot using a lot of energy that’s going to involve an ungodly stretch of games. You’ve got our locks coasting, like Bergy , Kreci, McAvoy, Lindholm, Coyle, more… and they don’t want to end up like Hall or Foligno right now. You’ve got our “audition” people all playing hard just to impress the coach for a spot. If players that managed to create the best season to date in NHL history haven’t impressed Monty by now, they never will!!! Just announce what you’re going with and get this drama over with!!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Blackhawks and Bruins GM
”What the hell are they doing out there”
Bruins wants to play well down the stretch and the Blackhawks want to lose.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The scary thing was when the Bruins turned up the intensity, so did the Hawks and it didn't go well.

The other slightly scary thing is Sway and Ullmark have saved the bacon repeatedly all season. Lots of odd man rushes against that get totally forgotten because the saves are made.

If our goalies have an .880-.904 save percentage the Bruins better score 4+.

Defensemen should NEVER pinch with Pasta on the ice.

Our goalies have hidden a lot of warts defensively.

This is so true especially Ullmark.

Boston it seems has also gotten an inordinate amount of games against good teams with top 6F, top 4D out this year or goalie with emotional issues. Colorado (2), Vegas, Toronto, Florida. I would say they are 4-5 points better due just to this factor. They have a game in Winnipeg coming up and it looks like Winnipeg will be w\o Morrisey on D.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Isn’t that normal when one guy has 13 oz face offs and one guy has 2?

Regardless that 3rd pair is a horror show. Need to go orlov Clifton in the playoffs

Being on the ice for 3 goals against at 5v5 is never normal. having 34% xG is not normal. being outshot 6-14 when you're on the ice is not normal. Regarding the Dzone faceoffs. Forbort and Gryz both had 4 dzone faceoffs. In terms of shift starts, Gryz and Forbort both started 2 in the dzone. The disparity in ozone faceoffs is mostly because the Bruins always had the puck when he was on the ice (29-11 SA for/against).

We need to get past this myth that Forbort gets buried by deployment. For the year he starts 1 more shift in the Dzone than Gryz per 60 minutes. He's just so bad that they have a ton of faceoffs in the dzone during his shift because they never have the puck. Forbort played most of his time against Entwistle line and the Khaira line, and gave up 3 ES goals. Gryz played most of his time against the Kurashev line and the Dickinson line. They are bad, for sure, but he also dominated his matchup, as expected.

We need to get off this idea that Forbort's poor play can be explained away by his deployment. The proof is just one pair up from him. Carlo has SIGNIFICANTLY harder deployment and gets way better results. The player is just bad.

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Being on the ice for 3 goals against at 5v5 is never normal. having 34% xG is not normal. being outshot 6-14 when you're on the ice is not normal. Regarding the Dzone faceoffs. Forbort and Gryz both had 4 dzone faceoffs. In terms of shift starts, Gryz and Forbort both started 2 in the dzone. The disparity in ozone faceoffs is mostly because the Bruins always had the puck when he was on the ice (29-11 SA for/against).

We need to get past this myth that Forbort gets buried by deployment. For the year he starts 1 more shift in the Dzone than Gryz per 60 minutes. He's just so bad that they have a ton of faceoffs in the dzone during his shift because they never have the puck. Forbort played most of his time against Entwistle line and the Khaira line, and gave up 3 ES goals. Gryz played most of his time against the Kurashev line and the Dickinson line. They are bad, for sure, but he also dominated his matchup, as expected.

We need to get off this idea that Forbort's poor play can be explained away by his deployment. The proof is just one pair up from him. Carlo has SIGNIFICANTLY harder deployment and gets way better results. The player is just bad.
I agree. I can’t stand Forbort. He should be punted into the sun

I’m talking about the ozone face offs. Gryz had 13 and Forbort 2. Wouldn’t that make things like xgf way better? Plus who your forwards are? Forbort was on the ice for with the 2nd line for what 2 minutes? Gryz over 10 minutes with the top 6. In all situations Gryz plays with far superior players, including defensive partner no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and nORRis8

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019

In order to demyth the idea, wouldn't it be best if Monty paired Forbort and Grzelyck together?

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
It's funny how much the new NHL can sometimes remind me of the new NBA. Everyone cheats. Everyone emphasizes the offence at the expense of the D.

Imagine a world where you don't HAVE to force every offensive play and realize it's a game of attrition. Your team is deeper. Grind them out. By the third period you'll destroy them.

I hope that's what happens come playoff time. Our team is built to outlast the other guys by keeping the puck in their zone constantly, and attacking them with speed. It's just weird to do neither very well in this half-effort version as we sort of lurch into the playoffs.

Anyway I'll reserve some judgement against some of the better teams coming up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Thanks for this. I feel better hearing this. I sense a team meeting in the works to get everyone back on the same page and refocused

Jaffe and Razor on the Morning Bru podcast think their rhythm is a bit off and that the D rotation is a part of it.
I agree constantly messing with back end hurts rhythm.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
In order to demyth the idea, wouldn't it be best if Monty paired Forbort and Grzelyck together?

They are both LHD.

I agree. I can’t stand Forbort. He should be punted into the sun

I’m talking about the ozone face offs. Gryz had 13 and Forbort 2. Wouldn’t that make things like xgf way better? Plus who your forwards are? Forbort was on the ice for with the 2nd line for what 2 minutes? Gryz over 10 minutes with the top 6. In all situations Gryz plays with far superior players, including defensive partner no?

Sure, thats what the additional context is there for, of course. He's not just getting carried in the ozone by other players, he's playing in t he d zone just as much against better players and getting better results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad