Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - #$@&%*! Chelsea Dagger - Chicago 6 BRUINS 3 F

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They are both LHD.

Sure, thats what the additional context is there for, of course. He's not just getting carried in the ozone by other players, he's playing in t he d zone just as much against better players and getting better results.
Ok thanks for that. I think by now it’s easy to read or see that Gryz is superior at hockey in any facet than Forbort except Pk.

They honestly need to sit 28 in the playoffs. No questions asked. Would keep 48 w 73 and see if they can continue to dominate possession and put 81 w 75.

Reactions: burstnbloom

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is not something that just happened, it's been going on for the last 10-15 games now only to be bailed out by worldly goaltending on many occasions.

Start resting Bergy brad and DK as many times as we can, they look exhausted
Not disagreeing, been front runners all year, each and every game, every team gunning for you, up to this point, the boys have responded well, hit a rough patch, I`m not one bit concerned

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Yes I did. I see a team who doesn't want to engage in Physical Play. I see a team who can't Forecheck when it needs to. I see a team who is turning over the puck every chance they have. I see a team Defense right now that have no clue how to help either one of their goalies that are in net. This team is tired and struggling with every aspect of their game right now. Defense.....Offense.....Special Teams.....And now its the Goaltending. Resting certain players will help to some degree....But it won't make bad habits disappear. Heck , I would rather see players called up and want to win...not coast along while wating for the Storm to come. They have to realize that another season is coming soon ( Playoffs ) Which is a whole different Enchilada...lol Looks like Mexican tonight.
I'm not sure who we miss more....Taylor or Nick.
Just me, but I think Nick. He has been enormous leadership wise and the guys truly respect him.
Nick plays with "heart" something that's been missing for over a week now.

Defence...across the board guys made mistakes, bad pinches, poor positioning, indecision and just out and out dropping the ball. Even my man crush Orlov had a mediocre game

Offensively...we are being killed by teams who backcheck aggressively.
Marchy got pasted against the boards how many
times last night?

Interesting to see how Monty handles this slump, one win in the last 4.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
times last night?
Opponents are intentionally playing Marchy and Pasta very physically. The book on those two is to hit them however you can; don't let them skate around. Ignore the puck, take the body first.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
I agree. I can’t stand Forbort. He should be punted into the sun

I’m talking about the ozone face offs. Gryz had 13 and Forbort 2. Wouldn’t that make things like xgf way better? Plus who your forwards are? Forbort was on the ice for with the 2nd line for what 2 minutes? Gryz over 10 minutes with the top 6. In all situations Gryz plays with far superior players, including defensive partner no?
What is the difference between Offensive Zone Starts, and Offensive Faceoffs?

Gryz had 6 Shifts start in the Ozone. To also have 13 Offensive Zone Faceoffs, that would mean that that line forced 7 more faceoffs in short enough of a span that they stayed on the ice for the next Offensive Zone Faceoff.

If that's what's happening, then it seems a little unfair to use the faceoff number over the Shift starts since forcing more faceoffs in the Ozone can be kinda random, but also could be a sign of good play by that line that generates scoring chances that the goalie had to save, and hold on to the puck.
It's still just 6 shifts started in the Ozone.

I 'm not an analytics guy, so I could be wrong, though.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just watched the game on replay. Did not watch it live.
Most of the games lately I have not watched live.

I would think it was my fault if the Bruins were not playing without any passion or much effort. Losing tons of puck battles, no physicality, no urgency in skating.

McAvoy slapshotting the puck into the Chicago zone while NOT on a line change but as a legitimate zone entry technique was this game in a nutshell.

Worst team in the league against leagues best defense and goaltender.
We got skunked.

I sure hope the Bruins start playing again this month. Because the schedule is ugly and its obvious the team is just takings games off.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Blackhawks and Bruins GM
”What the hell are they doing out there”
Bruins wants to play well down the stretch and the Blackhawks want to lose.
The misconception around these teams that "want to lose" is that the players absolutely don't want to lose. Most of those guys are fighting for a job next year, a lot of them won't be back with the Blackhawks, so they don't give a crap about draft position or adding Bedard.

Chicago had a 31-year-old out there last night playing his 2nd ever NHL game - Do you think he was out there to lose intentionally or to give it his all to win a game he'll never forget?

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I'm not sure who we miss more....Taylor or Nick.
Just me, but I think Nick. He has been enormous leadership wise and the guys truly respect him.
Nick plays with "heart" something that's been missing for over a week now.

Defence...across the board guys made mistakes, bad pinches, poor positioning, indecision and just out and out dropping the ball. Even my man crush Orlov had a mediocre game

times last night?

Interesting to see how Monty handles this slump, one win in the last 4.
Yes ...all great points. I really think they miss them two players. But holy crap....I know teams who have clinched a playoff spot can ease up on the throttle a bit....but this much is a little disturbing. If anything, why not just rest older players and ones who need rest if they continue to lose still important games ( Home Ice )

Reactions: nORRis8 and Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The misconception around these teams that "want to lose" is that the players absolutely don't want to lose. Most of those guys are fighting for a job next year, a lot of them won't be back with the Blackhawks, so they don't give a crap about draft position or adding Bedard.

Chicago had a 31-year-old out there last night playing his 2nd ever NHL game - Do you think he was out there to lose intentionally or to give it his all to win a game he'll never forget?

A good point.

Chicago has wins against all the top teams in the NHL atm.

Players want to make a career for themselves outside of the org needs.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think, Donnie provides the players, Monty decides who and where they play. Not 100 % sure on that but believe that is how it is done.
I would think Donny is the one who has Lauko stuck in a revolving door between Providence and Boston

Reactions: Gordoff

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Seems like a natural psychological/physical slump. Proved everyone wrong who doubted them before the season. Set a record. Ullmark goal. Clinched playoff spot. They're probably exhausted from that and are in a hangover period now that they "can take their foot off the gas".

Adding to that, they acquired 3 strong players at the TDL. Guys in the locker room are probably thinking they are in a great spot and now that the urgency seems to be gone, the tiredness is noticeable and is catching up with them. It seems natural to need to take a mental break for a few games after all of that.

All we can hope is that the slump only lasts for a little bit, and that there's enough left in the tank to gear up and are reenergized for the playoffs.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
He did last nigh, how'd that work out?!
I think he meant take Carlo out of the D healthy scratch rotation so he plays every game.

I disagree since any player that needs some rest/maintenance days should get them now, and Carlo fell into the boards pretty bad the game before( Carlo should also be healthy scratched against the Capitals April 11 so Ovie/Wilson can't board him again).

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Feels like the Bruins are are going the urge annual ‘we made the playoffs’ letdown.

I think they’ll get it back soon. Ottawa at the latest. They’ll want to be playing well when they run up against Tampa and Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00