1678851028733.png

1678851166299.png

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Seems like the team is running out of gas especially the older guys.

And with the schedule to close out the season being what it is that does not bode well.
Then start resting guys. Rotate them in and out of the lineup. Gives them 4 full days off then they can come back fresh, both physically and mentally.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been privileged enough to have not seen many losses over the years... But that's in my top 3 most frustrating in person losses...

6-1 no-show against Detroit in 2011.
Playoff OT loss thanks to Chara's Delay of Game against Ottawa in 2017.
And tonight. Woof.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I get that it's hard to get up for a game against a bad team. I also realize the Bs need to take the foot off the gas a little so that they don't completely wear down by the playoffs. That said, tonight was a clown show. Clifton and Forbort were gosh awful. Looked like they both forgot how to play D. Gryz nothing to write home about either.

Something I don't get is that this is the type of game where the coach needs to be thinking about load management. Hathaway and Greer under 10 mins. Nosek right around 10 mins. Those guys need to be eating more mins. The fact the Bs lost to flippin Chi by 3 makes it even worse.

Then looking at the D, McAvoy and Lindholm both around 24 mins and Orlov at around 23. I can stomach the Bs losing some games because they are trying to rest some of the stars via lower mins. No biggie, and smart to give the top 4 fewer mins even if it costs some goals. I cannot stomach wearing these guys out when they clearly need some rest. Giving them heavy mins and still losing just isn't a good thing.

The last thing the Bs need is to enter the playoffs with its key players tired and a horrible PP. Monty needs to get his crap together in those two depts. Masterful job this season by him otherwise. Don't shit the bed down the stretch.

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
I'm all for taking the foot off the gas, but this is driving into the river and standing on it to the bottom. This is not about just one game or a few games, even in recent wins, the bad habits are growing exponentially, and the lazy, dumb play is getting ridiculous.

Can anyone honestly say this is the same team from Nov and Dec? The record be damned.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Guys are tired. Some look hurt. Monty says he wants to rest and get Zboril and Lauko in. Well. Times up. Time to do it. We're gonna risk injuries. We look tired. Luckily Jake and Orlov showed up tonight. Bert looked good too.

But the rest? No bueno. The past 2 weeks, I've seem some bad, bad habits forming. We can't let that go.

Carolina is 9 points back. We cannot afford to f*** up now.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Bruins had a 3-game losing streak at the end of January (and lost 4of5 counting the start of February.

The sky is not falling --yet.

But they look tired now, some load management would probably be a good thing.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
B's played like shit the last few games and definitely deserved to lose tonight because the Hawks were badly out HUSTLING them

The last game I saw the B's out hustle a team was against Buffalo, and that was the last game Lauko played. Coincidence?? I don't think so

..put Lauko back in the lineup Donny and stop screwing around

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I think the Bruins are bored, a little tired of the grind and probably even a little banged up. These guys are professionals, yet they are human, and looking at a game like this on the schedule must be pretty uninspiring.

Also, the new guys are great but there's an adjustment period for everyone. The defense rotation is probably for the best in the big picture but it seems to have several small-picture issues.

As long as they snap out of it in time it will all be fine. If Bertuzzi's shot was a half inch down I'd say they take at least a point tonight.

I honestly don't care about throwing these games other than watching Hawks and Wings fans celebrating, as I've already seen enough of that shit for a lifetime.

Bruins also miss Hall big time. Coyle is, to put it kindly, offensively challenged without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00