Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - #$@&%*! Chelsea Dagger - Chicago 6 BRUINS 3 F

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Black hawks will rebound quickly and be a wagon real soon. What an effort by that group last night.

Let's see how their GM will do with all those amazing assets over the next few years.
Was it a great effort from Chicago or was it a great non effort from Boston...? Because what I saw last night was a AHL team losing to a AHL Team

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Panicked? No.

Worried? Yep.

Ullmark with a bad game. How will he react? He's had no reason to feel anything but supreme confidence all season. Worried about him falling off the high. By nature, goalies are head cases.

Pasta, Marchand, Krejci all terrible last night. All have been bad for a while now. Pasta still produces, but his puck possession seems to be getting worse. Maybe the salary drive is over. Marchand looks like a guy playing on two bad hips. His turnovers are even worse than Pasta's lately. Krejci could just be in his usual regular season coast. Or not.

Forbert and Clifton. If last night was a pre-season game they would be sent to Providence today. Amateur night for both of them.

McAvoy only looks good lately when the Bruins are trying to play catch up. Not good on special teams, caught up ice a lot. Was responsible for two clean breakaways last night.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He also se
Marchand's looked so bad the past week or two.

Read an article about him yelling at the younger guys to keep them on their tippy toes. Maybe someone should do that to him. Brutal passes, brutal decisions. All around mess for 63 lately.
He also seems to be getting crushed every game with a big hit ,which is unlike him he’s usually able to avoid them most of the time ,hurting,tired less mobility something definitely not right with him.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The D has looked awful the past couple games. Tons of breakaways and odd man rushes.

Gotta figure that's a result of a lack of effort. Guys not covering for the D when they get aggressive in the O-zone. I'm not worried, given the guys are pretty fatigued and these games likely don't matter a ton, but if they keep this up they may start to develop some bad habits.

IMO, and I think most here are agreed, the solve is to get some fresh blood in the lineup; Some guys that are hungry. Lauko, Zboril, I'd call up Wagner while we have LTIR space. These guys will bring more energy to the lineup.

If Hall comes back soon as was reported, they could have 5 lines. Rest one line each game to give the guys, particularly the vets, a break.

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Zacha-Krejci-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Bertuzzi
Lauko-Frederic-Hathaway
Greer-Nosek-Wagner

He also se

He also seems to be getting crushed every game with a big hit ,which is unlike him he’s usually able to avoid them most of the time ,hurting,tired less mobility something definitely not right with him.
He made a comment recently that he hasn't felt like he's where he wanted to be in terms of his recovery. I think he more than anyone else on the team should be rested for some games.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Bruins haven't looked great for a good while now. I'd say there were some warming signs since the Calgary game where they stole a win.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The D has looked awful the past couple games. Tons of breakaways and odd man rushes.

Gotta figure that's a result of a lack of effort. Guys not covering for the D when they get aggressive in the O-zone. I'm not worried, given the guys are pretty fatigued and these games likely don't matter a ton, but if they keep this up they may start to develop some bad habits.

IMO, and I think most here are agreed, the solve is to get some fresh blood in the lineup; Some guys that are hungry. Lauko, Zboril, I'd call up Wagner while we have LTIR space. These guys will bring more energy to the lineup.

If Hall comes back soon as was reported, they could have 5 lines. Rest one line each game to give the guys, particularly the vets, a break.

Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
Zacha-Krejci-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Bertuzzi
Lauko-Frederic-Hathaway
Greer-Nosek-Wagner

He made a comment recently that he hasn't felt like he's where he wanted to be in terms of his recovery. I think he more than anyone else on the team should be rested for some games.
I thought I had read when he came back that it was the best he had felt in years

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This team looks tired...give them the rest they deserve.
Certainly weren't as hungry as Chicago - but that's understandable
The biggest warning sign is when they were celebrating 100 regular season points. Is this the Canucks or the Bruins ?

Celebrating and moving on is better than pretending there's nothing there.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The biggest warning sign is when they were celebrating 100 regular season points. Is this the Canucks or the Bruins ?

You can't seriously be comparing the Bruins with those arrogant Nucks who were practicing raising the Stanley Cup......I mean, you can be proud of the record without being arrogant, right? Of course they are celebrating it, why wouldn't they?

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
The scary thing was when the Bruins turned up the intensity, so did the Hawks and it didn't go well.

The other slightly scary thing is Sway and Ullmark have saved the bacon repeatedly all season. Lots of odd man rushes against that get totally forgotten because the saves are made.

If our goalies have an .880-.904 save percentage the Bruins better score 4+.

Defensemen should NEVER pinch with Pasta on the ice.

Our goalies have hidden a lot of warts defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad