Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 - Too Little Too Late - Detroit 5 BRUINS 3

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So long as they haven't gotten into the bad habit of thinking they can just turn it on whenever they need to/want to I'm not that freaked out by the losing. However I am beginning to suspect that it could become as important an issue as the PP.

The Bruins have had quite a bit of time off lately so I'm not buying into the "they're tired" theme anymore. They've slept through the first two, two and a half periods of the last three games before finally deciding to show up and play the way they're capable of playing. Noticeable exception: Linus Ullmark, who singlehandedly kept them in the games vs the Oilers and yesterday.

They really need to do an ego check here because as good as they've been all season they are not unbeatable. They do have weaknesses that can, have been & will be exploited.
Great post.

I think they HAVE gotten into the habit of thinking that they can just turn it off and on whenever they like.

They’ve gotten into some bad habits all around and need a bit of a reset. If the Bruins spot Toronto or Carolina or anyone else multi-goal leads on a regular basis in the playoffs, their historic run will be over so fast their heads will spin.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'd like to see some young blood in the lineup for a few games and give some of the vets a bit of a rest.....especially on back to back games with travel

Lauko in the lineup is a no-brainer
They can only call up 4 people between now and the playoffs. Lauko was returned to Providence because Taylor Hall resumes practice tomorrow

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hey @Fenway Do they practice tomorrow?
@Alicat - we don't know yet

Monday, March 13

- TBD

Tuesday, March 14 (United Center, Chicago, IL)

- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m. CT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Chicago Blackhawks, 7:30 p.m. CT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Wednesday, March 15 (Chicago, IL)

- Travel to Winnipeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
@Alicat - we don't know yet

Monday, March 13

- TBD

Tuesday, March 14 (United Center, Chicago, IL)

- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m. CT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Chicago Blackhawks, 7:30 p.m. CT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Wednesday, March 15 (Chicago, IL)

- Travel to Winnipeg
Thanks!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It took Kelly and Peverley the last few weeks of the season to acclaimate to the team after being traded. Orlov has been very good and Hathaway is getting more comfortable. Now that the weekend facing his old team is over, I think Bertuzzi will look a lot more settled.

He should be on the 3rd line with Coyle and Frederic.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yeah, not going to read too much into this.

Came out flat both games in the home and home.
Pulled one out. Almost pulled another out.

This team has been dominant at times this season. Other times, they’ve started slow and flipped the switch.

Catch up hockey is still losing hockey.
But these things happen over the course of an 82 game season in a home and home back to back against a middling team.

This season has been incredible.

However, there are red flags.
Not sure that anything that happens between now and April 14th makes that big a difference aside from staying healthy.

Love to see the Power Play start clicking, obviously.

Find your best lines heading into the tournament.

The back to back with Tampa and Carolina coming up in a couple of weekends is sort of interesting.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
It took Kelly and Peverley the last few weeks of the season to acclaimate to the team after being traded. Orlov has been very good and Hathaway is getting more comfortable. Now that the weekend facing his old team is over, I think Bertuzzi will look a lot more settled.

He should be on the 3rd line with Coyle and Frederic.

I think once Bertuzzi gets settled in he will be a major difference maker for this team. He just got past 2 games vs his old team which I’ll bet he dreaded and now he’s a Bruin all the way going forward. Get him on the right line and watch him go.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think once Bertuzzi gets settled in he will be a major difference maker for this team. He just got past 2 games vs his old team which I’ll bet he dreaded and now he’s a Bruin all the way going forward. Get him on the right line and watch him go.
He looked relieved in his post game interview. I think he'll be much better starting on Tuesday night and being on the road for 5 days is really going to help the team now that all moves have been made.

I hope Uncle Nick is with the team

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I'd like to see some young blood in the lineup for a few games and give some of the vets a bit of a rest.....especially on back to back games with travel

Lauko in the lineup is a no-brainer
Maybe correct. But old bodies rested may need some help to get back on track and get back the momentum.

IMO I think the game level is increasing and Boston's bad habits taken, can be currently an issue. This is a prelude of tight hockey - physical PO prelude with team trying to get in. Nothing scary, but Boston will need to upgrade their game, some fancy play removed, more puck battle won and high quality goaltending. IMO, the next 1- games are quite irrelevant, but the last 10 games will give a good idea of what might come out of the Bruins PO performance.

Réplique of 2011?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I really don’t know that there’s any sort of winning formula going into the playoffs.

I’ve seen plenty of teams in various sports “get hot at the right time”, go into the playoffs on a roll, only to get beat in the first round.

You don’t want to be overly rusty, but given the level of experience on this club, I’m not worried about the results as they play out the string here, and the sooner this talk about the regular season record ends, the better as far as I’m concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad